August 9, 2010

Writing Prompt: Your Dream House

Posted by at 9:53 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_pen

OK, you know how fairy tales all have morals, like don't talk to strangers ("Little Red Riding Hood"), or don't make up dramatic stories to get attention ("The Boy Who Cried Wolf")? Well, I don't really get the moral of "The Three Little Pigs." The pig that built his house with bricks didn't get eaten by the wolf, but what are WE supposed to do? It's not like we can choose what our houses are made of . . . but . . . what if we could?! Who would choose bricks?

Today's Writing Prompt comes from goofball of fun girl on the Reading Buzz Board.

"If you could have your house made out of anything, what would it be or what various things would it be? Mine would be jello 'n Dr.Pepper."

Hmm, interesting question. Mine would be mint chocolate chip ice cream with a hard chocolate shell on top that never melts, and solar panels for energy efficiency. And the floor would be made of books that I want to read, so all I have to do when I need a new book is pick one up off the floor. I'd also have a jello trampoline in the back yard and a chocolate pond with cupcakes floating in it. And my cats would have beds made out of tuna fish.

How about you? What's your dream house? Have fun with it, and let me know what you come up in the Comments!

1. soccermvp

I would build my house out of favorite books, oreo cookies, apple juice, chocolate, baked potatoes and a zebra.

2. Josephine

I’d live in a house with a roof made out of cinnamon sticks, walls made out of ice cream, chocolate chips and pizza and a floor made out of books. I’d have a desk made out of sugar-quills (I’d have some real pencils in my desk drawer) and I’d have a swimming pool filled with guava juice and a hot tub filled with hot chocolate that gets filled every 30 minutes by a chocolate waterfall. I’d have a huge talking minty-teddy-bear in my backyard.

3. Sk8ter Gurl

Id be living in a mansion made of sugar and sweets. my back yard would be full of fast foods and id have soda drinking fountain. my pool would defenitly be cotton candy and my skate park would be sour lol. And just to make it cra3y id have movie theaters and theme parks like disney land,six flags, ranging waters made of hard candy and chocolate :) the characters would be gummy worms. At night it be all glow in the dark candy. N just to top it all id have a sweet an sour huge i pod so we could dance n eat. B)

4. Trose98

the mane part of the house will be ribs and baked potoes that are always nice and warm. my bed is made out of cotton candy. There will be a tv in every room with every chanel ever even tvs in the bathroom Oh and i would have a pool with 6 diving boards and 12 water slides and a hotub.

5. whatmickey12

MINE WOULD BE MADE OF POATATO CHIPS THAT EVERTIME I ATE ONE A NEW ONE WOULD GROW AND THEY WOULD NEVER GET STALE.IT WOULD ALSO HAVE A CHOLOATE POND WITH CUPCAKE FISH AND JELLO TRAMPILINE AND DOG HOUSES FOR MY DOGS OUT OF DOG FOOD AND WHEN THEY TAKE A BITE IT GROW BACK

6. Samantha

If my house could be made of anything it would be made out of sushi-with seaweed floors and giant tropical fishtanks on the walss. And lots of books, of course!

7. twilighter2010

I would have stairs made of books. a jello trampoline ,my bed would have books inside so only have to unzip it I want one .I would have a swimming pool made of melted fudge chocolate that never went bad and was always perfectly warm(even in the winter).what ever I wanted to eat would appear on my plate and I would have pet trained monkey my house would be made of the best foods in the world.

8. bob

wheres my mustard?!?!?!?!!!!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!?!!!!!!?!!!!!!?!?!!!!?!1

9. s.snape2000

I would want my house to look like the hogwarts castle.My bedroom would be the dormintory or a slytherin girl, and the living room would be the common room, and the kitchen the potions room, and the bathroom would have a GINORMAS bath like the prefects bath!Oooo!And I would have an orange fat cat named crookshanks!Ahhhh, that would be awesome.

10. Dewdrop208

Haha, um, my dream would be TOTALLY GREEN and help the earth. It’d have Solar panels, an organic garden, CFL lightbublbs, and I’d recylce my cans and glasses!

11. KoolGirl:)

My walls would be made of rainbow sherbet ice cream and my roof would be a hugee tv. the front yard would be a pool made of Kool Aid. The back yard would have a tire swing made of Red Vines and an ice skating rink made of Strawberry slurpee. Thats all. Hope you like it, Sonja :)

12. jaiwha

My house would be made of glitter notebooks from the outside. From the inside(which is the back part of the notebook)it will have paper so I could write anything I want like writing notes. The ceiling would be made of things i could write with, such as markers,pencils, etc. So all I could do is jump up and grab one and write my notes down on the wall. The floor would be made of books because i love reading.( but not to copy you Sonja.)Last but not least the backyard would have a swimming pool made of dr.pepper and a diving board made of hard packed jello. Thats what my house would be made of.

13. GNOletsgo1

Mine would be enviromently friendly with 50 bedrooms, a game room, a runway, 10 closets, a pool,and a giant tv. Tons of butlers and maids are hired for a reasonably fair price.

14. 1jonasfanforeverforlife

my dream house would look like .A big pink house with a pool outside and inside the house. Most of the furniture will be real silver cause i will be a zillianair. And my walls will be pink .And my house would mostly be solid pink.

15. Autumwinds

My house would be made out of water. It would glisten in the sun and inside the walls would be fish and sea-horses. the floor would be made out of sand and it would feel like your at the beach. If this was my real house I would never want to leave!

16. autumnapplebelly

My house would be made out of books. My mattress would be super soft, and my freezer would have a bountiful supply of Ben & Jerry’s Mint Chocolate Chunk ice cream and Hazen Dazz (however you spell that) Carmel Cone ice cream. I would have a huge library, and my kitchen would have all sorts of ingredients in it so I could cook all the time.