August 23, 2010

Writing Prompt: My Summer Vacation

Posted by at 5:13 am in Summer, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_generic Back-to School Writing Prompt: My Summer Vacation

There’s a point every summer when I notice how the sun looks in the sky, how it’s positioned differently than it was in June, how it filters through the trees like a painting, how everything around me, even the beaches and lakes, feels muted, a bit heavier, than they did when summer first began. And that’s when I realize that summer is (gulp!) almost over.

But that doesn’t mean I don’t have great stories to tell about this summer. And now that you all are gearing up for school, organizing binders and laptop folders, and trying to remember locker combinations, it’s the perfect time to take a few moments and remember how you spent your summer.

So for today’s Writing Prompt, pull up a chair (it can be a beach chair) and put on your memory glasses. Think back to something ultra-cool, totally exciting, or even something scary and new that you did over the summer. And then get writing!

Over the summer, I tried something ______________________.

It turned out _________________________________________.

Here’s what I did: ____________________________________.

Happy end-of-summer!

— Morgan, Scholastic Staffer

1. tre99

my summer wasn’t the worst.wait ya it was.the best thing i did is go to the beach.oh that stunk to it rained the whole time i was there.

2. kalila

i took a trip to the beach!!!!!!!!the people that went with mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MGJ1999

my summer was pretty good too.i got to spend time with my cousins, which is good because I don’t get to see them that much.They also have lots of cool games

4. matt

this was the best summer i had with my family we whent to visit my dad and he took us to places i never seen we went to the mauntain to hick the trails and he also took us to the grand canion in Arizona and we went by the hoover dam it was the best summer i have had not only because i sow this places but because i got to spend time with my dad.

5. SuperSapphireSpy

I tried something NEW
    It turned out GREAT
    Here’s what I did: I went kayaking in a harbor. It was really fun. I got a bit wet, though! :)

6. Moon Reader

Thsi summer was soooo AWESOME it was the BESt summer ever cuz for d first time, i was in touch with my friend cuz of Emails and i got a cell phon this year so i got updated on all that they were doing :D

7. stuffedmudkiptoy

i tried going to a new pond. it turned out great it was a long walk in but it was awesome!!!! i swam at the pond

8. M0neyB3ar

I have enjoyed myself and friends , i have been dancing alot and singing going to the amusement park and plannin for school. wat about u?
    also add me as a friend as i edit my profile give me advice i dont mind