"Root, root, root for the home team! If they don’t win it's a shame! Because it's 1, 2, 3 strikes you're out, at the old ball gaaaammmeee!"
It's another installment of Tuesday Trivia, and while you sit at your computer anxiously thinking of answers to these questions, your favorite baseball players are gearing up for playoff season. Okay, so maybe playoff season doesn't begin for another 2 months, but who says we can't build up the excitement by testing your knowledge about the Major League that is Baseball. That's right, no one!
So, get your peanuts and cracker jacks and try to answer all of these questions without striking out. Batter up!
- Which Yankee recently hit his 600th homerun against the Toronto Blue Jays?
- Who did the Seattle Mariners recently trade to the Philadelphia Phillies? (Hint: He's a 5-time All Star hitter)
- Vicente Padilla is the pitcher for what western team?
- Fill in the blanks to figure out the name of this popular mid-western team. _HI_ _G_ _ _ _ S
- These 2 teams may have very similar names, but they are from completely different states. Where the Red Sox & the White Sox each from?
- The New York Mets are now residents of Citi Field in Flushing Queens, New York. What was the name of their old stadium?
- Which western state is home to 5 Major League Baseball teams?
- The MLB is split into 2 separate leagues. What are their names?
- What is the name of the 3rd baseman for the Atlanta Braves? (Hint: His name is a synonym for "happy.")
- Unscramble the letters to reveal this National team. Anirzao Kmsicdaabndo
The answers are on deck and will be revealed next week. Good luck and may the best team win!
—Jen N., STACKS Intern