You’ve got your outfit for the first day of school. You’re stocked up on three-ring binders and notebooks. BUT the question is, how did you do on the Back-to-School Trivia Quiz I posted last week?
- This book series can give you hilarious middle school survival tips. Hint: the first book is called Can You Get an F in Lunch?. Answer: How I Survived Middle School.
- You gather here at school first thing in the morning. It’s not home, but it is a room. Answer: Homeroom.
- Harry Potter and his friends attend this wizarding school. Answer: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- This performing arts school in New York City inspired the movie Fame. Answer: Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. (or as I would say, La Guardia)
- According to the Phineas and Ferb theme song, how many days of summer vacation are there “before school comes along just to end it?” Answer: 104 days! (Love that song!)
- You might learn about the Presidents of the United States in which class? Answer: History or Social Studies.
- BONUS: How many Presidents of the U.S. have there been so far? Answer: 44. President Barack Obama is the 44th President.
So this fall, go forth to school! May your days be filled with interesting classes, your after school activities be rewarding, and may all your lunches contain NO mystery meat.
—Ratha, Stacks Writer