July 21, 2010

The Princess Trap

Posted by at 5:36 pm in Reads | Permalink

Stacks_princesstrap_130x130 Hello and welcome to Scholastic Booktalks where we recommend brand new Scholastic books that we think you will love. Today's booktalk: The Princess Trap, a sequel to The Princess Plot by Kirsten Boie.

Jenna is starting to adjust to the fact that the deceased king of Scandia was her father, making her the missing princess! But instead of resembling a glamorous movie, Jenna's life feels more like an annoying soap opera. Dealing with the constant supervision of her bodyguards, snotty boarding school students, and unscrupulous paparazzi is not exactly the reality Jenna expected when she learned of her royal blood. Her best friend, Bea, can't understand Jenna's complaints. After all, who wouldn't want to be a princess? But Jenna can’t even enjoy a slice of pizza in peace.

Far worse than having her picture in the tabloids though, is the civil unrest between the snooty southerners and lower-class northerners of Scandia. It does not look like it will be resolved anytime soon, and Jenna is not ready to deal with civil war – especially not before she’s had her first kiss!

Will Jenna be able to solve her country's problems, and solve her own problems? Read The Princess Trap to find out.

— Emily, Scholastic Booktalker

1. runningkittie

well it sounds like a good book. im probably going to check it out from the library becuase it sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Alissa

Another reason why I love this book and the prequel is because of the relationship between Jenna and Jonas. When the first met (Princess plot), he hated her but now they are gf and bf. I love that!

3. Alissa

I loved this book! I think it was better than the first book, the Princess Plot. I feel that way because I love the romance scenes going on between Jenna and Jonas and Malena and Perry.

4. :) Smiley

Hey FANS! I am such a fan of these books (which there is 2 of them, Princess Plot and Trap) I am on the hundredth page and my oh my!
    Okay so hehe i feel like spoling itt!((:
    So Malena and Perry are together and might of kissed.
    Jonas was about to tell Jenna how he felt but Mr. Petterson ruined the moment.
    After Jonas goes looking for Perry in the summerhouse of the Von Thunbergs house. He finds Ylva. Jenna walks in to find Jonas and sees them together. She thought that Jonas was talking about Ylva when he said
    “Malena isnt the only girl in the world…”
    When he probably meant Jenna!!! SOOO EXCITINGG
    Oh and Perry runs away from going to military academy.

5. Lysa

This is the best book ever!!!! Jenna and Jonas are so on the top of my favorite couples!! Awwww so adorable!!!! Jonas : Gezz Jenna your hair is about as beatiful as a toilet brush… Malena: Jonas you can’t say things like that! Jonas: why not she knows I think Shes beatifull!!! Perry: awww stop I think I’m gonna [be sick]!!!! So cute !!!!!!!!!!:)

6. watchamacalit

this book is awesome especially da part when jenna falls in luv wit Jonas. u gotta read it!!! Best. Book. Ever!