July 2, 2010

Nicola Peltz and The Last Airbender

Posted by at 2:16 pm in Celebrities | Permalink

Lastairbender Water, Earth, Fire, Air. Once upon a time, the four nations lived together in harmony. But then, the Fire nation declared war. Now the only one who can save the four nations from complete destruction is Aang, the last Airbender. Dun dun dunnnnn!

Whoa! It seems as if I got a little ahead of myself there. I’m just excited because M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender (rated PG) debuted on the big screen yesterday. Aang, Katara, Sokka, and the rest of the benders from the animated TV series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, are all part of the action.

Nicola Peltz, who plays Katara the Waterbender, recently dropped by THE STACKS to talk about her experience as an actress. She loves living for a while in another world! Wouldn’t it be cool if we could do the same?

Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think of The Last Airbender?

— Jen N., STACKS Intern

Image courtesy of Paramount Pictures

1. i like skittlez

i saw all the cartoons and the movie there is gonna be another movie when Zuko turns good and helps Aang and in the movie Aang’s only gonna take away the Fire lords bending

2. Cecily

hi am am Cecily adriannes younger sister.i was just watching the preview of the last airbender and was sooooo interested in it!!!!

3. BBallguru

In fact I have seen the last air bender it was good when the girl put the water around the girl she was called the water bender.

4. monkeylova

The movie was gr8 i watched with a few frends of mine!! i just wanted to ask what was the youngest age in the movie?

5. blue

they messed up the movie when they said aang couldn’t kill anyone but i have to see the other 2 movies to find out

6. blue

but something that was wrong was when aang couldn’t kill anyone else. in the show he can kill anyone so they completly messed that up

7. blue

the movie was good and i am soooo upset the pronounced the names wrong and they soooooo messed up the part when aang turns into that water creature and kills iroj. but it was sooooo cool when the waterbenders kill iroj

8. Wolfsong11

i dont blame nicola peltz but that was an awful movie i love the tv series but the movie stunk they should fire the director

9. crazygirl

their was soooo much action and it was sooo funny. i can’t wait for the next season. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! so excited.

10. blue

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. j

my friend thinks zukko was a little too nice but i don’t think so this makes no sense they stopped it at book one as it was getting good
    all of j’s comments are from my friend

12. j

i think the movie will be the best movie ever because of the commercial but Aang is too serious in the movie Katara never knew she had waterbending but in the movie she did sokka was never funny in the movie Appa’s face looked like a rug no affence the pronounced the names wrong

13. peachesandcream26

I used to watch this show when I was little…I would always go over to my friend’s house and we would watch this an her dad would make us popcorn. I don’t know why, but for some reason I don’t really want to see it.

14. emokid43

In the cartoon,the action was awesome,and in the movie the action looks awesome,but appa looks like a hairy idk what,and the bending looks okay,but idk what 2 think of it

15. Shadow Sage

well, i watch avatar movie but not this one yet, i bet it going to be cool since it has to do with fighting. i really like fighting movie and action.

16. a

totally awesome!!!=> i’ve watched it on nickelodeon a bunch of times before.i’m going to watch the movie soon.i really like momo. he’s like a cute little lemur!!!=>

17. just girls

hey!!! I SAW THE MOVIE IT WAS SOOO… COOL NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THAT KUEL EVEN IN 3D ….!!!!

18. madlib101

I have seen every epsod of the lastairbender just not the moive my friends and I are going to see the movie this weekend.I went to the website and found out you can see what your elment is and my elment was air!!

19. i am an airbender

i really want 2 see that mivie i am a great fan of the tv serie i remember when i was in second grade when my best friend and i played like if we were a real airbender then the thing began to be more serious we began to wander if we could really master the air element when i had a lot of hot i began to master the air.

20. sonofhades

i read all these reviews that said it was HOORIBLE if you were a viewere over 10 so im going to see the sorcerers apprentice instead

21. Maria

I went to see this movie and LOVED it!!! It is SOOO AWESOME!!! I hate the tv show, but the movie is one of my favorites EVER!!! This is the best movie of all time!!!!!!

22. girlygirl202

fyi they only showed book one.
    the movie barely had any 3-d in it that the previews had more 3-d in it. plus they skiped all the good parts in it

23. Namine-Roxas2010

I dont think they cast anyone right for their characters, yet I’ll see it anyway cause I’m a total ATLA fan!!!

24. chooichie

Oh i used to love the last airbender episode’s and i guess that i want to see the movie but i kind of don’t cause it’s rated pg :) :(

25. SHUKRI

OMG I did not notice that at is all bout the one that comes on nickelodeon avatar legend ov aang i totally wanna watch HOPE IT IS GUD AS ECLIPSE BUT REALI i didnt think all along that it is human 1 hope soka , katara and the boy from step up

26. Emma

Haha, I know the whole beginning to the tv show…
    Water… Earth… Fire… Air…
    Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked.-Only the Avatar master of all four elements could stop them, but when the world needed him most… he vanished.
    A 100 years past and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great. He has a lot to learn before he’s ready to save anyone. . . But I believe Aang can save the world.
    ==============
    What did I tell ya? = )

27. Emma

I was watching the tv and the guy who plays Sokka pronounced it So-ka. It’s Sock-ka. I’m gonna see the movie anyways. Although Aang looks like a chubby eight year old and him and Katara are suppose to fall in love and make-out in the season finale. Not to sound mean… But, they’re awfully pale to be playing these characters.

28. Koala

I saw it. I guess there a few minor problems, but all in all it was relevant to the series and good. Some of the characters were a bit not like the cartoon characters. I just finished the last episode of the series. I’ve seen every episode in order.

29. NINJA_POW13

I liked the movie, but was dissapointed about not hving the Kyoshi warriors n it.
    You have to know the TV series really well to have the movie make any sense though.

30. Rachel

I saw the movie but I like the TV serise better. I got really anoying in the movie when they keep pronounceing the names wrong.

31. HOPPING DODGEBALL

guess what? im going 2 see the last airbender today!!!!with my cousin and friend with the real 3d glasses when they pop at you its going to be so awesome

32. rickriordanfan

Ummm… little dramatic. I think the girl who played Annabeth would’ve made a better Katara. But then again, I didn’t care for her either.

33. Candysplash

Nope, I haven’t watched it. But I think it will be a really good movie! I watch Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nickelodeon with my cousins. It is one of the most suspenseful shows that I watch. Can’t wait to watch the movie!!!

34. soccermvp

that’s cool..I haven’t seen the movie yet. I heard it was really good. And just like Nicola, reading takes me to a whole other world!!! I love to read and I hope every body else loves it too.

35. Noelle

Dear All People Who Shall Dare Read This,
    I am a water bender who enjoyed watching this movie today. I hadn’t really been watching the show on a daily basis but the movie was awesome. The ending is such a cliffhanger. I can’t wait till the next one. Yes,there will be another one. I know you may not believe I am a water bender. You may think that this bending thing is fake but just like Katara I am a water bender and I am not afraid to show it. :)