July 2, 2010

Nicola Peltz and The Last Airbender

Posted by at 2:16 pm in Celebrities | Permalink

Lastairbender Water, Earth, Fire, Air. Once upon a time, the four nations lived together in harmony. But then, the Fire nation declared war. Now the only one who can save the four nations from complete destruction is Aang, the last Airbender. Dun dun dunnnnn!

Whoa! It seems as if I got a little ahead of myself there. I’m just excited because M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender (rated PG) debuted on the big screen yesterday. Aang, Katara, Sokka, and the rest of the benders from the animated TV series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, are all part of the action.

Nicola Peltz, who plays Katara the Waterbender, recently dropped by THE STACKS to talk about her experience as an actress. She loves living for a while in another world! Wouldn’t it be cool if we could do the same?

Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think of The Last Airbender?

— Jen N., STACKS Intern

Image courtesy of Paramount Pictures

1. SHUKRI

OMG I did not notice that at is all bout the one that comes on nickelodeon avatar legend ov aang i totally wanna watch HOPE IT IS GUD AS ECLIPSE BUT REALI i didnt think all along that it is human 1 hope soka , katara and the boy from step up

2. Emma

Haha, I know the whole beginning to the tv show…
    Water… Earth… Fire… Air…
    Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked.-Only the Avatar master of all four elements could stop them, but when the world needed him most… he vanished.
    A 100 years past and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great. He has a lot to learn before he’s ready to save anyone. . . But I believe Aang can save the world.
    ==============
    What did I tell ya? = )

3. Emma

I was watching the tv and the guy who plays Sokka pronounced it So-ka. It’s Sock-ka. I’m gonna see the movie anyways. Although Aang looks like a chubby eight year old and him and Katara are suppose to fall in love and make-out in the season finale. Not to sound mean… But, they’re awfully pale to be playing these characters.

4. Koala

I saw it. I guess there a few minor problems, but all in all it was relevant to the series and good. Some of the characters were a bit not like the cartoon characters. I just finished the last episode of the series. I’ve seen every episode in order.

5. NINJA_POW13

I liked the movie, but was dissapointed about not hving the Kyoshi warriors n it.
    You have to know the TV series really well to have the movie make any sense though.

6. Rachel

I saw the movie but I like the TV serise better. I got really anoying in the movie when they keep pronounceing the names wrong.

7. HOPPING DODGEBALL

guess what? im going 2 see the last airbender today!!!!with my cousin and friend with the real 3d glasses when they pop at you its going to be so awesome

8. rickriordanfan

Ummm… little dramatic. I think the girl who played Annabeth would’ve made a better Katara. But then again, I didn’t care for her either.

9. Candysplash

Nope, I haven’t watched it. But I think it will be a really good movie! I watch Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nickelodeon with my cousins. It is one of the most suspenseful shows that I watch. Can’t wait to watch the movie!!!

10. soccermvp

that’s cool..I haven’t seen the movie yet. I heard it was really good. And just like Nicola, reading takes me to a whole other world!!! I love to read and I hope every body else loves it too.

11. Noelle

Dear All People Who Shall Dare Read This,
    I am a water bender who enjoyed watching this movie today. I hadn’t really been watching the show on a daily basis but the movie was awesome. The ending is such a cliffhanger. I can’t wait till the next one. Yes,there will be another one. I know you may not believe I am a water bender. You may think that this bending thing is fake but just like Katara I am a water bender and I am not afraid to show it. :)