July 1, 2010

Eclipse Interviews: Cullens, Wolf Pack & Volturi!

Posted by at 7:27 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities | Permalink

Taylor_kristen_rob_130 Last week we brought you interviews with Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. The occasion? The release of Eclipse (rated PG-13) hitting theaters June 30. The OTHER occasion? We know you love Twilight!!
In this second part of our interview series, we’ve got the goods from the actors who play the Cullen vampires, the Wolf Pack, and the Volturi. First, we spoke with the actors who play the blood-thirsty (but very civil) Cullens…

Q: Since vampires don’t sleep, what do you think your characters do at night?

Ashley Greene (Alice): Alice plans parties. Lots of parties.

Nikki Reed (Rosalie): I look at myself all night. (everyone laughs)

Elizabeth Reaser (Esme): I think Esme goes out and like tears apart a mountain lion every other night. And bears.

Kellan Lutz (Emmett): Hey, that’s mine. Emmett likes bears.

[Ratha: Yuck. I'll stick to gummy bears.]

DF08621R_small Q: The makeup for your characters is pretty extensive. Did they find a way to streamline the process?
Elizabeth Reaser (Esme):
We’ve had the most amazing makeup artists. It just takes time. It’s really hard to lighten skin. It’s much easier to make someone tan. So, it’s always gonna be a couple hours in the chair.

Nikki Reed (Rosalie): Four hours.

[Ratha: Hopefully you brought a good book!]

Kellan Lutz (Emmett): Yeah. But it’s in our control not to be in the sun. I didn’t go to the beach that much, so I saved probably an hour in the makeup chair. Because you have to get coats and coats and coats [of white makeup].

[Ratha: I'd never make it as a vampire. I'm lucky if I get any makeup at all on in the morning.]

Then we asked the Wolf Pack…

Q: Was there a wolf boot camp for this? How did you get in such great shape?

Chaske Spencer (Sam): No, they made us work out. They got us a trainer. It was a lot of circuit training and muscle confusion. We also ate a lot. We ate six meals a day, and three protein shakes a day!

Alex Meraz (Paul): And thanks to Chaske, we also ate a lot of apple pie.

Chaske Spencer (Sam): Yes. Dessert, too. Yeah, I was a bad influence.

Bronson Pelletier (Jared): We did strength training, conditioning, weight training, lots of cardio. It was pretty intense.

[Ratha: That should be a workout video: "How to Get in Shape Like a Twilight Werewolf." I would totally buy it!]

Alex Meraz (Paul): Yeah. It helped out with building the chemistry on set and even during filming. We had a blast. We supported each other, we even made fun of each other – you know, like who could do the most push-ups or whatever.

Q: What did you want Eclipse to convey regarding Native American culture?

Chaske Spencer (Sam): We’re all Natives. We try to represent well, because we’re very fortunate to be here and to represent our people in a contemporary way, and a lot of responsibility comes with that.

[Ratha: I didn't realize they were all Native. That is so cool.]

Alex Meraz (Paul): During casting, when I was waiting to hear word if I got a role or not – I prayed every night. I was asking for permission even to represent the Quileute tribe. We’re taking from [our] culture. Being Native, we needed to be conscious of that and ask permission to the people of the past, present and of the future for it. It’s a very conscious thing. Native Americans, they have a right to be protective of their stories.

Chaske Spencer (Sam): We’re getting offers as well for roles that are non-specific for Natives. We’re very fortunate and blessed for that. We have a different outlook on life, being Native. We like Stephenie’s writing and she’s represented pretty well. Very blessed to be here.

Q: Taylor is not Native American, so can you talk about teaching what Native American means to him?

Chaske Spencer (Sam): He was very open about that. He understands. We did the best we could with him. He’s the right guy for the part, and I’m very protective of him.

Kiowa Gordon (Embry): He’s like our brother.

Chaske Spencer (Sam): Nothing but mad love for him.

[Ratha: Time for a chest bump, guys!]

And finally, we asked the Volturi…

Q: Talk about your character’s special powers. And if you had a special power in real life, what would it be?

Cameron Bright (Alec): Special power – I cut off people’s senses. And the special power I’d want in the real world would be to have any special power I wanted!

[Ratha: Smart vamp. That's the way to beat the system.]

Dakota Fanning (Jane): My special power is that I can just look at someone and cause them pain. And, if I could have any power, it would be to read people’s thoughts.

[Ratha: Aah, so you'd like Edward's power...]

Michael Sheen (Aro): My power is to be able to read people’s thoughts by touching them.

Q: Is it fun to play characters that are so intimidating?

Dakota Fanning (Jane): Yes. [Laughs] Yes, it is fun.

Michael Sheen (Aro): We had to tone Dakota down. She was too evil. Her natural personality is too evil, and we had to tone the volume down on the evil.

And there you have it folks! Are you Eclipse ready? Leave a Comment to let us know what you think!

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

Interview by Gerri Miller
Photos courtesy of Summit Entertainment

1. ibored2

I love the Twilight series and so far this is the BEST. I can’t wait for them to bring out Breaking of Dawn and i will try to the first to see the last of Stephie Myers Series. I can tell every part of the movie and I hope that she will being making more really soon.I like to seethe movies from Jacob and Edward point of view and hope to see who has more meaning to Bella.(EDWARD)

2. lexyboo-boo

I have to admit I do love the entire saga but eclipse was by far the best. And also, being the die-hard twi-heart I am I think that breaking Breaking Dawn into two movies is a brilliant idea. And I do hope that they do continue to create the second sequel from Edward’s point of view. :)

3. goofygirl1022

I saw the first twilight but my friend said the third movie stinks.The theader that my friend went to teenagers sat in back of them and made sounds threw the hole movie.

4. vampirebaby12

can not wait till breaking dawn comes out bella if u turn into a vampire youre still going to be pretty as ever jacob keep looking good bye see u guys later!!

5. brightpeppersock

I watched Eclipse it was a great movie some parts were really funny yet some were really disgusting. I’v never read the books but I think it was really a really good movie.

6. tokidoki888

i watched eclipes the second night it came out and it was so good. i like the vampires, but the werewolfs are so cute. and jacob is better for bella. eclipes isn’t really an action movie. it is really funny and the end is a mystery because it leaves you wanting to watch the next movie. my mom said that her favorite part was when the rosely told about how she became a vampire, but i like when jacob was joking around. hahaha great movie. this is just my thought, you can think diffrent is you want to. my brother says edward is better for bella. ewww. he is still team jacob. YES

7. lillyheart9

I saw twilight, newmoon but
    not ECLIPS ireallly want to
    My cuzenz’s sister told her in the one after Eclips
    Bella has a baby but i don’t really know.

8. louloubo

I love Eclipse! I have the whole twilight series and the movies that are out! Out of all of them, Eclipse is the best!!!!!!!!!!

9. lilfresh123

THIS TWILIGHT SAGA IS LIKE A NEVER ENDING CLASH BETWEEN VAMPIRES AND WERVOLES LIKE NEVER BEFORE SEEN ON TV

10. Taytam4

I’ve read all the series and the movies(including the 3rd)were really awesome. I LOVE twilight. I am obsessed with it. Really. You can ask everyone i know. I also have tons of twilight, new moon, and eclipse stuff. If you don’t no twilight as much as me then you should start to. Because once you start getting into twilight, you won’t stop getting into twilght. So be a Twilight fan!

11. QUEEINNADIA2389

OMG i love jacob. he is so cute>{!:
    I loved the part when he took off his t-shirt… i dont relly like edward cause he shines in the light idk how bella loves him… lol

12. megan

i loved twighlight, new moon and eclipse! they were all awesome … i can’t wait till breaking dawn comes out! …………i heard that in breaking dawn bella gets preagnet and she gets turned into a vampire because the baby is half vampire and half human so the baby kicks and it is breaking bella’s ribs!!!!! they name there baby remeese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE TWIGHLIGHT!!!

13. Kyra

you posters are weird.
    I like the books too, but, seriously? gushing does not go with decapitated-vampire movies. Although, maybe i’m wrong,after all, I speak to an average of 1 person per day.

14. Cake

My brother says that the twilight movies aren’t that good.But he’s
    CRAZZZZYYYYYYY!!!
    They are awesome!!!

15. Cake

I’ve seen Eclipse!I agree that Eclipse is the best one out of the books.
    I’m just wanting to see Breaking Dawn.The twilight cast do a VERY good job on making these movies.:);-)

16. emokid43

I am gonna c dis movie 2morrow,if my brother shows up 2 take me!! I just wanna see what all the hype is about.

17. Shadow Sage

i watch twilight but it not really interesting to me, i don’t like vampire and other character playing in the movie.

18. doggiedreams

i love twilight and new moon!i also love the interviews!!!so i bet esclipse will be awesome!
    p.s.alice ROCKS!!

19. just girls

eclipse is so.. cool just by the preview i knew it was goin to be a hit!! its just so cool trust its the best one lets see when brekin dawn comes out its going to be bigger!!!!!!

20. jenna

1 I will always be on edwards team but to all those jacob lovers i have to addmit he is pretty CUTE

21. jenna

You are totaly right twight is aswame!!!!I saw eclipse with my dad that one is the best out of them all!

22. Justin_Bieber_Lvr

Dear Twilight Fans ,
    so far I love all the twilight movies … but i have 2 say that so far eclipse was the best 1 . It was so great because they were fighting and jacob and bella kissed twice . omg it was just great . and then again bella is going 2 marry edward because he proposed . yayy . but in the movie it seems like she cant make up her mind in the movie because she kissed edward and jacob and she loves jacob and edward . but anyways it was awesome :) . bye guys .

23. misbehavin11

Eclipse the movie was Totally Awesome! I saw it in theaters and WOW! The moments between Jacob and Bella Were really INTENSE. The director did a great Job. I can’t wait 4 the next movie!

24. Emmi

I Love Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I haven’t read Breaking Dawn yet but and going to start it soon.

25. choco11

I LOOOVED ECLIPSE! I enjoyed watching the Volturi come up with their hoods like not all the way on their head..lol It was very fun and I think the cullens are beautiful..Emmet Rox! Lucky Rosalie haha but I would rather be Bella and have him as a brother.The Wolves….ew. I hate Jacob. He is good in the 1st book, but read the 4th one and you hate him forever…extremelt cute though.

26. SportsB76430

First of all I am soooooo Team Jacob!!! I can take the heat!! Edward is just a sparkly rock. Team Jacob 4eva! If you thing you are a bigger Team Jacob/Twi-Hard, think again. I love the series! I have seen Eclipse already and saw it again, although I HATE the part where that stupid new born brakes Jacob’s bones! Leah needed to kill that stinker! But no, she wasn’t strong enough! I am reading Eclipse and halfway though it. Go Team Jacob!

27. minihamster117

eclipse is the bomb!!!!!
    all of you people who havent seen it should
    go team edward!!!!!!!!!!!

28. 11george

i want to see it sssssssooooo bad but i don’t think i can i rrrrreallllly want to see Bella kiss Jacob!!!! …..GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!!

29. ninjagirl

eclipse stunk the book was way better why did bella KISS JACOB AFTER HE FOUND OUT THAT SHE IS GOING TO MARRY EDWARD…………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS SO STUPID SHE NEEDS TO LEAVE EDWARD AND GO WITH JACOB……GO TEAM JACOB;0

30. Maria

Go team JACOB!!!!!!
    I have not seen Eclipse yet but I am going to this week! I am SOOOO Excited!!!!!
    I luv Jacob, but Edward is cute 2.
    Can’t wait 2 see Eclipse!GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!

31. Monkeysurfing

LOVE TWILIGHT!!! I read ALL the books and seen both Twilight and New Moon, bought both movies AND I WILL SEE ECLIPSE AND BUY IT!!! GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!!!!

32. Hananaya

i just love Twilight and i have read all the books!But who do you think is the best the Cullen vampires or the Wolf Pack

33. growin girl

i love twilight i just have 2 words to say: TEAM JACOB i mean he is cute right who wouldnt be on his team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Noelle

Dear Twilight Lovers and Haters,
    I haven’t seen any Twilight movies nor read the books. (im not allowed until 16. :( ) But lots of people like it. My mom is going to see it. She’s going to start reading the book on Tuesday also. She already read New Moon and loved it. Plus she saw Twilight and New Moon. She said Twilight is better then New Moon and the New Moon book was better then the movie. Sadly,I wouldn’t know!

35. krystalkobra

i saw eclipse today at 11:30. it was the better than the twilight and new moon. poor jacob. he got hurt so bad when riley started biting him, he was screaming so hard. i think it was riley. maybe it was a new born.

36. Breaking Dawn 29

I love the Twilight series. I’ve read all the books and seen the first two movies(Twilight and New Moon). I love the vampires especially Alice and Carlisle(Alice is # 1).If I could be any of the vampires I would definitely be Alice ( Your the prettiest one). P.S. Paul is the cutest wolf in the pack.

37. mother earth

OH MY GOSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE the movie ECLIPSE its so AWESOME .i already seen it and i want to see it over and over again i can’t wait until the dvd comes out cause i am going to get it and keep watching it. i am so on edward’s team he is so cuttttttte.

38. ThePhantomAuthor

In that last thing that Michael Sheen said he said “evil” too much.
    BTW Can’t WAIT for the movie!

39. Mini Mickey

I have read all the books, and seen the first two movies! I am seeing the movie on Saturday! I can hardly wait! :)

40. s.snape2000

I have the same first name as the girl who plays Alice:)LOVE Emmett!And Dakota Fanning is soo right for the part as Jane!Seeing the movie in a few weeks!

41. soccermvp

I love ECLIPSE!!!!!!! The interviews were awesome!!! But most importantly Eclipse (the book and the movie) are awesome and totally great!