Book to Movie Trivia
It seems like every great book is turned into a movie these days. Or, hit movies are turned back into book series. A few months ago in my local bookstore, I saw an entire section devoted to "movie-books." For example, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (rated PG-13) had a book, "The Official Movie-Storybook." Not only that, but there was a whole series of Transformers books!
From board books, to beginning readers, to graphic novels, to regular novels - chances are if it's been a hit movie, it has a book go with it. Same with popular books. It seems they are all made into movies! So the question is. . . can you guess these books that were made into movies and vice versa? Lights, camera, ACTION. . .
- This hit vampire movie series started with Stephenie Meyer's four books based in Forks, Washington.
- The upcoming movie based on this Beverly Cleary book stars Selena Gomez and Joey King.
- Harry, Ron & Hermione. Need we say more?
- This classic book about the friendship between a pig and a spider became a movie starring Dakota Fanning (and a barn full of animals) in 2006.
- This book series is written in diary form, and follows Greg through embarrassing and hilarious middle school life.
- This was the name of the second book of the Cirque du Freak series, and the name of the corresponding movie.
- This Disney movie series starring Woody and Buzz spawned TONS of books.
- These superhero movies began as comic books. Name at least three with the word "man" in their title.
- This 15-book series follows owls as they fight evil and battle for their kingdom.
- Lemony Snicket authored this popular book series that became a movie.
Happy guessing! Leave your answers in the Comments, and check back next week to see how many book-to-blockbusters you got.
— Ratha, Stacks Writer