June 14, 2010

We Love Being Random! Writing Prompt

Posted by at 7:09 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_banana If you spend enough time on the Message Boards, you will notice that some of the threads can get a little. . . well, sometimes a lot. . . RANDOM! Personally, I think it's awesome. Yes, here at THE STACKS, we love randomness!

So today's Writing Prompt is taken from a delightfully random thread started by inkheart fan1435 who asks us to seriously think about and come up with. . . (tee hee). . .

. . . ways to avoid an invasion of evil bananas!

It's an important topic, and it's best to be prepared just in case it ever happens — you never know — so please write your answers in the Comments. How do YOU plan to prevent and/or deal with an invasion of evil bananas? As for me, I changed my Avatar glasses and top to yellow, so when the invasion comes, the bananas will think I'm one of them!

And if you have other random Writing Prompts, add those as well. We'd love to read them!

1. werewolfcat5

I would plan to prevent an evil invasion of banana’s by trying to get everyone to eat the bananas.

2. lolz_lauren XD

Hahahaha okay yeah it is so important to be prepared just in case bananas attack me in my sleep or something…so…
    Throw your “minon” monkeys at the bananas screaming “MONKEY HEAD BANANA HEAD MONKEY HEAD BANANA HEAD” this will either distract them, confuse them, make them think you’re weird, or scare them. ( I mean, come on who wouldn’t be scared of a person throwing monkeys at you and screaming something random?)
    Or…just wait for them to charge at you and pick them off one at a time…then EAT THEM! :)
    Sorry…i love being random!

3. Anna

I would probably take the banana leader to MY leader, then when he wasn’t looking, take his head and smoosh him on the wall. That would make all the other bananas run for their lives. Or take a flame thrower and make some fried bananas, I’d love to try evil ones!

4. DestinyIslands

To avoid an banana invasion just show those bananas who’s boss and put them in your ear. They won’t dare mess with you then!

5. hippiehippo

I’m afriad I must warn you there are levels of crulety of even I am not capable of…smash them like bugs!!!with my super smasher machine(ever body else took all the good ones)(pouty face)

6. sorandom2016

I would run. Then scream then get a giant monkey to eat them all up so I would not have any more problems

7. Emma

here is what you need to do to avoid the monkeys:
    1. do the chicken dance in front of the neighbor’s house while singing “twinkle twinkle little star”
    2. run around in the sprinklers in a party dress
    3. stand on your balcony and drop bananas, chocolate sauce, cabbage, spaghetti, and sour cream onto the porch.
    4. Hopefully this will have freaked the bananas out by now, and they will go away.
    5. if the bananas don’t go away, roller-skate around the neighborhood wearing a bikini, sunglasses, boots, and a super-man cape.

8. Beth

I am putting the top ten ways. Here it comes!
    1. Eat them all! Caution: If they have swords, disarm them.
    2. Get a army.
    3. Slice them up.
    4. Crush them.
    5. Make a smoothie with bananas
    6. Become a anti-banana person. Hopefully bananas will stop being grown.
    7. Dress up as a banana. Hopefully bananas don’t attack bananas!
    8. Hide away in a place that banana’s can’t get to.
    9. Peel them. It will embaress them to be naked and they will avoid you.
    10. Monkeys. They can’t eat them all, so make get them to have ravenoous appetites.
    I hope this works! Good luck on warding off those evil banana’s!

9. LittleMissMe1645

the comment two places above mine is hilarious! I SO TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU SISTA!!:) i like the james banana part cuz my bofriend loves james bond! haha!:) u rock! and probably roll tooooo!:)

10. LittleMissMe1645

So i thing this is a really cool prompt, and if it was me, i would sing the banana song from charlie the unicorn. its called stick a banana in your ear! me and my friends sing it to all bananas in the world, and i swear, the song just makes the bananas shrivel up. this is how it goes:
    STICK A BANANA IN YOUR EAR!STICK A BANANA RIGHT INTO YOUR FAVORITE EAR! ITS TRUE! (SO TRUE!) AMAZING! (OH I AM DAZING!)JUST STICK A BANANA IN YOUR EEEEARRRRR!!! DUH NUH DUH! YEAH!
    hehe u probably think i am crazy, but this is me acting “special” haha my bfff now what i mean! well thx!

11. puppies125

OK. About the bananas. I’m afraid there is only ONE way to avoid the evil bananas. The answer is…A GROUP OF HUNGRY MONKEYS!!! We’ll have to strategically position all the monkeys around the world and we give them walkie talkies! Then when one monkey spots a banana they use their walkie talkies to alert all the monkeys who will eat the bananas!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!
    Now: How would you free a cat frozen in un-meltable ice?
    ~puppies125

12. Laughing...

Well I was going to say “bring out the bumbling feet” how about instead a giant moon catching net parade (bring on the Silverstein in the situation!)because everyone could take home there own evil banana, but then some mad scientist could start doing genetic testing turning the bananas into man eating ice cream sundaes! What would we do then?

13. Skittles And M'Ms

I Think How U Get Rid Of Evil Bananas Is Take All Of Them To The Monkey Exhibit At THe Zoo And Throw Them In The Cage. BUt, Dont Get Caught Of Course ;]]]]!!!

14. Paintdflower

How To Stop An Evasion OF EVIL BANANAS!!!!!
    1. Don’t EVER eat any more bananas
    2. Eat 2 containers of cookie dough ice cream, and 3 jumbo jars of jumbo pickles.
    3. Go to the store and buy 500 umbrellas. You can use them as a shield
    4.Get 3 jumbo knives and 2 of your pet giants to cut them up and make a giant banana fruit salad

15. author4evr

How to avoid an invasion (5 really super duper easy steps) of evil bananas:
    *All steps must be followed*
    1. Run 20 miles every day for 12 days.
    2. Avoid eye-contact with bananas in grocery stores.
    3. DO NOT BUY BANANAS or they will join forces and attack!!!!
    4. Dress in a banana costume when in public so they think your on their side.
    5. make sure you’re incognito at all times.
    NOTE: results of this procedure will vary.

16. cena16

drink orange juice for the rest of your life, listen to Justin Bieber (because he stinks at singing), go on a date with a boy named kay or a girl named josh, + live your life as a geek.

17. cuteipod5678

My writing prompt: Ways of avoiding to be glued to a wall by bunch of evil bunnies!!
    Ideas for avoiding evil bananas:
    1. roll around on the floor singing “Naturally”
    2. Wear a bikini while taking a shower
    3. Grab a stuffed banana and take a shower with it ;)
    Hope you liked my ideas and I hope you use my writing prompt!

18. isk8r4eva

I just like writing. I don’t care what I write about. It’s just that I like to express my writing.
    Maybe that’s just me. Thoughts?

19. stuffedbear3

Here are some options I would choose: 1.Eat a chicken leg(don’t ask why lol) 2. Slap them\him with a chicken leg(lol) 3. Use a Anti evil banana ray(like that would work lol)

20. DaVinciNinja

Ok, I have come up with five fail-proof ways to stop an invasion of bananas
    1. Recruit an army of chimpanzees to eat the bananas
    2. Make an ice cream sundae launcher to make them all banana splits, in which they will split, a term used as leaving
    3. Do the Peanut Butter Jelly Time dance with Brian from Family Guy, forcing them to dance with you. Then, while they are dancing uncontrollably, have a dog eat them, because dogs eat everything!
    4.Lead them into a giant blender, then blend them, making banana smoothies for everyone on the planet for 10 years!
    5. Create a device that will take the Earth off its orbit like Doctor Impossible did in the book “Someday I will be Invincible” (great book by the way just finished it last night) and send the Earth spiraling into the Sun. Hey, we all be toast, but it wasn’t by the banana invasion, was it?

21. Alissa

OHHHHH! HAH HA HA! I get it! When u say it it sounds like “the sky is falling! the sky is falling”- Chicken Little!

22. cupcakecat19

One way to avoid a banana invasion is to stop people from teaching them to be boomerangs. Without those skills they could never prepare an invasion!

23. Laura

If an invasion of evil bananas happened. I would throw apples at them and eat them. Then when I am done eating the first half I’ll use the banana peels to make the rest of the evil bananas slip.

24. ICEDEMON96

Call the ice cream parlors around your town and buy a bunch of ice cream(for banana splits)and get a bunch of hungry monkeys.Or you could use swords to slice them, then bring them to a food bank and make free banana splits.It would also scare the other bananas if they see others like them being eaten.

25. potterfan434

How to avoid banana invasions:
    -bananas hate apples so change EVERYTHING in your town to apples
    - say ” i can haz a chezburger” every time they start to talk
    -listen to Justin Bieber; bananas hate him SO much that they’ll leave
    -use a flashlight to signal random Morse code stuff
    -FOOD FIGHT!!!!
    -do the chicken dance
    -sing the Barney song
    -point a wand at the banana and say “Expelliaramus!!!”

26. oOKianaOo

If bananas appeared on Earth, I would make a peace sign poster and say,”We come in peace.” Then I would put my hands together and bow to the bananas. (Although they might think I’m their servant so no.) Then I would tell them where the space shuttle is and call it a banana store, and then I would press the Launch button and they would be destroyed. Haha on that. :D

27. kingprince

I like chocolate!!! You can rub chocolate over your body and you look like a mud monster!! What time is it!?IT’S ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

28. Agent Perry The Platypus

Why do some people only sneeze when its hot outside or when it snows… no one knows…. WERID

29. gylfie97

Everybody, set your phasers on stun. Beam me up, Scotty! The bananas are surrounding me! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. mirialin_moon_knight4789

Tee-hee. I laughed SO HARD when I read the list (Which I probably shouldn’t have, because now I can’t think of any good ones), and I just HAD to read it aloud to my mom. I could stop laughing while I was reading it! (Then again, I’m told I have ‘issues’. *cough* TRAVIS! *cough*)
    Either way it’s awesome!
    So, to this prompt… How about “Write a bunch of percent signs in Gothic Calligraphy on printer paper and call them your ‘minons’.”
    (I did it! I swear I did! And their cute-ish-ness will ward off plagerizers and evil bananas! HA HA HA HA MWA!
    For Marytonga’s prompt (Hi!), how about…
    “Every time you hear someone say a word, like ‘hope’ or ‘and’, eat an M&M.” (My family did it on Monday night. It’s awesome-ly fun.)
    Unfortunately, I can only think of one. I can feel ‘Writer’s Block’ coming on. (*shudders*)
    Ooh! Ooh! How about a prompt on random, completely made-up sayings! Like, “This guy is falling! This guy is falling!” (Say it out loud. You’ll get it.)

31. Allie

I’m afraid there’s only one way to stop those evil bananas, and that is to get in on the inside – double agent style. It’s time to get that old banana costume out because in order to stop them, we’ve got to be one of them. We’ve got to think like one of them. We’ve got to eat them…although that might blow our cover. Man, this is getting intense, right? Well, please excuse me as I go act as James Banana would. Dununununnunununununun! Dee da do de da! (sung to James Bond…I mean James Banana them song… :) Talk to you later my dear bananas!
    P.S. I garuntee you that I am not going bananas, all though I must ask…have you seen my marbles? It appears I’ve lost them. :)
    ~ Allie (AKA James Banana)
    Proud Supporter of Mission Solidarity
    1 Corinthians 13:13

1. Anonymous

now this is stuck in my head and all I can think about is banana’s lol speaking of bananas… have one left in my kitchen…!YAYU

32. catching_fire

Make sure we always give bannanas lots of love and attention. Bannanas can get moody, and they do have power. LOTS of it. And Join TOFBLAK, The Orginization For Bannana Love And Kindness!

33. green queen 09

LOL. That’s funny! Here’s my idea:
    Find a crew of super cucumbers. They will kick all of the bannanas in the face and pin them to the ground. Then, they will squish them until they explode and get everyone all gooey.
    The end. X)

34. Katelyn

As a side note: ice cream, hot fudge and rainbow sprinkles would definately be good once the army of mokeys has apprehended the bananas!! ;P

35. nicole008

the thing that have in the book can we a 2 book of the evil bananas if then we can make a book about ivy and bean and the which do u like that

36. aqua56

But then, a guy chomped a carrot & out came a carrot monster!!!Teaming w/ The Bannana monsters, they stole every peice of money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!But then people teamed up & escaped to the moon & shot a laser to earth & nobody was hungry again because of the steady supply of banannas & carrots on earth!

37. aqua56

once upon a 2010 day, a guy peeled a bannana & out popped out… bannana slip monsters!!!! They Made people slip, made them stiink of banannas, & captured the president! Well,Mr.Obama took a fork and fed them to poor countries to stop world starvation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. GNOletsgo1

We bring out the Super-Ultra-Awesome Peeling Ray. So we can peel all of them. And then we can end World Hunger. :D

39. stuffedmudkiptoy

one way to get rid of an invasion of evil bananas is to hire ninja carrots.
    short background on ninja carrots:
    “Baby carrots, its time to save your country.” master Salad said
    “okay, master!” they all yelled
    and so the carrots began to fight the bananas!

40. HeroineHiding

Prepare some sliced strawberries, pineapple, oranges, grapes, and apples beforehand, and when they attack, break out the kitchen cutlery!

41. Tonks Lupin

To avoid a invasion of bananas you need 932,234,534 monkeys and starve them for 2 weeks and put them in your front yard.

42. pottercrazy407

Foods that are totally made up
    chocolate hot dog smoothie
    macaroni and jelly ice cream on a platter
    coconut ‘n’ carrot sandwich
    chocolate cake juice
    strawberry soufflé sandwich
    horse radish and crawfish pie

43. pinksummer2313

Ha ha! Every body has to dress in yellow!!! Maybe humans should create huge mouths to eat up all the bananas. Then the mouths would eat the bananas before they could DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!!!

44. pottercrazy407

How to avoid an invasion of evil bananas:
    Only eat pickles for five days straight
    Hire a ninja to re-tile your bathroom
    Become a hippie and plant a tree in your living room
    Rent Charlie and the Chocolate factory and watch it while wearing a bunny costume
    Buy Dance Dance Revolution 2 and dance to Taylor Swift’s “you belong with me”
    Throw pineapples at the light fixture nearest to you
    tell your pet leprechaun to make your rubber duckies come alive so they can eat a cloud shaped like a boot

45. Marytonga

Random Prompt:
    Think of seven different ways to eat…
    CHOCOLATE!
    And no, candy bars do not count. You have to make it something AND chocolate!

46. soccermvp

I would wave around my camoflouge wand and make myself look like a banana full body. My topic is make sure ways to avoid getting sucked into a book while you are reading it!