Everyone always talks about making resolutions at New Year’s time, but I think summer is a perfect time to make a new start. The school year is over and you have plenty of free time to reinvent yourself and make plans to start some NEW habits.
Here are a few ideas for some STACKS summer resolutions. Repeat after me. This summer I will:
- Read at least 4 books (probably a lot more than 4 actually).
- Add my reading minutes to the Summer Challenge.
- Send shout-outs to my STACKS friends at least once a week.
- Reply to Message Board posts every day.
- Go on a field trip to a Message Board I don’t usually visit.
- Keep my Profile mood up-to-date.
- Add at least 1 new STACKS friend every week. (How? First, find someone you want to be friends with. You can do this in a few ways. You can click on someone’s Screen Name in the Message Boards or in the STACKS Stars or Seen in the Scene, or anywhere else you see people’s Screen Names. Once you are on your potential friend’s profile, click the button that says, “Add as Friend.” It’s right above the avatar. This will send the person your friend request. If you don’t see the button, it may mean that you are not signed in yet, or you are already friends with that person.)
What else? What are some other good habits you plan to start this summer either here on THE STACKS or out there in the worldwide world? Let us know in the Comments.