June 25, 2010

Twilight Stars: RPatz and Taylor Lautner

Posted by at 7:49 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities | Permalink

Taylor_kristen_rob_130 OK. We promised more interviews with the cast of the Eclipse movie (rated PG-13) and here you have it: Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner answer questions about the movie, talk about the infamous tent scene, and just generally keep me rolling on the floor laughing with their hilarious real-life personalities.

Q: What did you learn for Eclipse?
Rob:
I guess I had to learn how to run properly. In the last two I’ve always run in a limp slash skip and I had to sort of look like I could run more solidly this time. So I spent a lot of time on a giant treadmill, like one of those wheels mice run around and got filmed doing it to improve my form. I guess that was one thing.

Q: Can you talk about what you think halfway through playing Edward? Has he changed?

R_patz Rob: I think he’s coming out of his shell a little bit in Eclipse, so hopefully by the end of Breaking Dawn I’m hoping he’ll be a normal 17-year-old guy, just a little bit pale.

Q: Do you believe in a soul like Edward?

Rob: Yeah I mean, I think definitely. I can’t remember who said it, but a soul and a heaven must exist because good people aren’t rewarded enough on Earth. I always liked that idea, if that makes sense.

Q: Taylor had a great line when he gets to say he’s hotter. How was it filming that scene and were you upset you didn’t get a comeback as Edward?

Rob: There’s nothing you can say. “Yeah, you are! At least I’m not hotter than you.” I don’t know. Yeah it was quite fun. There are quite a few lines in there. Jacob has quite a few catch phrase type of lines, with me especially. It’s quite funny. For some reason I find it quite funny when I’m doing stuff with Taylor. There are a couple scenes where we have sort of confrontational scenes, and I sort of push him around a little bit and I was supposed to grab his shoulder. It wasn’t even in the script, but I thought I’d really scare him and grab him and it would freak him out and turn the whole scene upside down! Then I grabbed his shoulder and it was too big to actually get a grip on. So I just dropped my hand, so that was kind of embarrassing. I got him badly though — he kept having to dress up in a little grey spandex wolf suit all the time and try and be intimidating in that with Kristen patting him on the head and stuff. That was quite fun!

Q: Edward and Victoria have this really cool fight scene. How much training did you and Bryce have to go through and what was it like having to fight a girl?

Rob: Weirdly one of the producers told me “Wow you look so enthusiastic in that fight scene, much more so than any one in the series.” No, I did a bit of practice with Bryce. It’s really hard to do stuff with her because she’s the gentlest person and she’s always laughing when you do anything so we did a little bit and kind of half-heartedly and then she’d be afraid of hurting me even though she’d only be hitting [does light tap]. Most of the vicious stuff I did was with a stunt double who was really really tough.

Q: What’s the one part of your costume that always transforms you into character?

Rob: Probably the contact lenses. It makes me miserable as soon as I put them in. That’s what creates sort of the pouting and brooding character. You’re just like “ugh.”

Q: How are you going to go about getting your long hair back for Breaking Dawn?

Rob: I’m thinking maybe Edward got a haircut – it might be easier. But yeah I didn’t even think about that when I got it cut. That is a bit silly. Vampires can cut their hair though, so I like the idea of Edward having a shaved head in the last one. That’s pretty cool.

Q: What was it like filming tent scene?

Rob: The tent scene, for some reason on that day – we re shot it as well, but the first time we did it, I was really freaking out I don’t know why. I think it had to do with claustrophobia or something. We were actually shooting in a tent, and I just couldn’t get it together! I kept forgetting my lines and was so nervous. I just wanted to punch anyone who was near me! We did about three takes and Kristen is supposed to be asleep on the floor and she saw that I was freaking out. Halfway through the take she suddenly opened her eyes and was just staring at me and kept trying to make me laugh through the entire take, and it’s like the most serious scene in the whole movie! I just wanted to strangle her for the first two seconds, but then I could not stop laughing the entire time. We got literally one take where it went kind of right and it was because of that, when I was trying to hold back. I guess it made me more alive or something. They did re-shoot the scene in the end, so maybe I’m a little bit mistaken.

Q: Can you talk about working more closely with Robert in this film?
Taylor Taylor:
Yeah, that’s right. I had a scene or two in New Moon where I was able to work with Rob and I was really excited to work with him for Eclipse quite a bit. The hardest thing I found about working with Rob is that usually I have to hate him in the scenes and it’s difficult. He’s such a funny nice guy. Literally doing a scene where we’re yelling and screaming at each other and he’s slapping my shoulder and I’m shoving him off me and we’re screaming and spitting in each other’s faces and then as soon as they call cut we bust out laughing. It is really hard to be mean to Rob definitely.

Q: Is there a scene in particular that was tough?
Taylor:
The tent scene. The tent scene is really good because it has that intensity, but it’s also humorous at the same time.

Q: The line where Rob says “Doesn’t he have a shirt,” referring to you being half-naked throughout the entire film, was that in the script?

Taylor: I believe it was actually in the book, but it was definitely in the script. When I read that for the first time I couldn’t wait for Rob to deliver that. It was funny. It was quite obvious when they pull up in the middle of the street –even in the position I’m in. I’m leaning back up against the car with my hands behind me. It looks like I’m waiting flexing for her to come up. Those are the awkward scenes. When everybody is fully clothed, it’s raining and I’m just the only person there waiting kind of posing for them.

Q: You have maybe the line of the movie when you get to say “I’m hotter.” How did you get through that with a straight face?
Taylor:
It’s true — keeping the straight face was the tough thing. That was another line when I read it and I loved the line, but I was like this is going to be so hard to deliver and especially with a straight face. I was looking Rob in the eyes and he’s starring at me with that Edward look.

Q: Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Taylor:
American Idol definitely. So You Think You Can Dance as well, but American Idol would definitely be number one for me. I haven’t missed an episode in what is it eight or nine years. Can’t believe I just said that.

Q: Can you sing?
Taylor:
No, I can’t sing and that’s the funny thing. Maybe that’s why I like watching it so much is because I know there’s no way I can do that.

Q: How do you remained so balanced and a normal guy in all of the craziness of Twilight?

Taylor: That’s a good question. It definitely is surrounding yourself with family and the friends that you’ve known forever. I live—all of us do in two completely different worlds and they are complete opposites. This is our job. We go to work, we live in this business world and then we go back to our regular world. We do the same we did before. We’re not that exciting. We sit home and watch American Idol every Tuesday and Wednesday and spend time with our family and friends. I think maintaining that world is extremely important.

And now you know what Taylor Lautner does on Tuesday and Wednesday nights! When you’re watching the next season of American Idol, you can imagine Taylor watching it too, and it will almost be like you’re watching it together! Sort of.

Interview by Gerri Miller
Photos courtesy of Summit Entertainment

1. VampirePixie15

Wanna see Breaking Dawn Part 1&2!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love Robert Pattinson/Edward Culle and Alice Cullen. Hope I can find my Edward soon!< <3333 :)

2. VampirePixie15

omg I luv this this is so awesome Twilight rocks!!! team edward!!! i hope Bella and Edward stay together! I love twilight I have read all the books. Saw twilight also!! <3333

3. adventuredog91

I love the Twilight Saga. I’m on both teams .sorry I can’t choose witch team to be on love you both.Love you Taylor Lautner! Love you to Robert Pattinson awesome acting. Who ever chose the actors for the Twilight series did a great job.I have also read and have seen all Twilight except for Twilight Breaking Dawn part 2. GO TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!

4. scary story

edward is the one for bell and jacob is just…really pushy and does not care about anything or anybody!:( team edward for me!B)

5. ilovebugs11

i have to say i cant wait to see the movie i havent seen it yet i cant belive it but cant wait go taylor you rock!!!!!!!!!

6. TaylorSwiftFan122

Team Jacob! I don’t like Edward or any of the other vampires because they are so cold in terms of body temperature.

7. zyikia

im a huge fan of taylor to and im on TEAM JACOB me and my mamma she thinks that u is CUTE!!!!!!!!!! and dont for get i be online everdayyy

8. 45cookiedoughst

OMG I LOVE THE TWILIGHT SERIUS I LIKE THE LINE WERE U SAY WAIT LET ME GET MY NEWMOON PURSE IT HAS FOUR CHARACTORS ON IT U BELLA EDWARD O NOW I GOT IT IM SO SORRYTHAT I CANT BE THE RIGHT KIND OF MONSTER FOR U BELLA

9. arizay

I loved the book . I have’t seen the move yet but i want to.I have seen Twililight and New Moon and the are soooooo cool.iam like the biggest fan ever.My sisters and I are on diffrent teams my oldest sister is on team edward and Me and my other sister are on team JACOB!!!!!!!

10. CaliGURL!

ELIPSE ROCKS! awesome movie ever i rlly liked the kiss between riley and victoria, the tent scence was halarious but the action was brill!!!

11. Alison

I like the books, and the movies are alright.
    But me and my friend are going to see it on the weekend, wearing shirts that say ‘And Buffy Staked Edward. The End.’, just to see how many complete strangers start yelling at us.

12. aidencagebffls

yea i saw it with u n alicia n lexi and lil n cage and morgan and im 4geting sum1 but oh well….

13. unogirl65

i can’t wait to see eclipse hmmm i wonder if it going to be better than twilight and new moon i am such a big fan of twilight.My plan is the day it comes out i’m going to go with my friend. I’m just so excited for this movie i can’t wait. And i have one question for you wat side are you on team jacob our team edward i’m on both because i don’t really now witch one is better for bella any way like i was saying im such a fan of twilight i can not wat foor this movie oh dID I MENCHIN I’M SEEING IT TONIGHT LOL

14. EddieLove

OMG i red the the books and collected most of the movies so far 2,Twilight and New Moon.I am gonna get eclipse 2 cant wait Bella Rules

15. CamillaVanilla265

Woohoo! Eclipse is out TOMORROW! I already have my tickets to the MiDNIGHT PRMEIRE! Team Jacob all the way!

16. ashley

OMG,I didnt know taylor could be that funny -especially on a inter view – considering the only time he was interesting was when he played shark boy when he was a little kid. but i might as well add he is so amazing in the twilight movies!!!

17. summmmergirlxoxo

omg. i think they are both cute, (equally). Its pretty awesome that eclipse is coming out in just a few days! :)
    im on team Edward..
    because i love how he protects Bella in the books. :D
    Lovee Yah Rob!

18. Peighton

I think that Taylor Lautner is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but not so much for robert

19. A Major Bibliophile

I absolutely, completely, and totally HATE the Twilight books and movies! BOO TWILIGHT!!!

20. Martie

I love both of them. I cant choose between taylor rob. becuz i luv taylor for looks and rob for personality. i cant choose! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

21. inlovewithyou

i really like taylor luther i think bella should stay with him i love you so much taylor i really think you make a good couple with bella<3 take care bye:)

22. 3566

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM GOING TO SE ECLIPSE!!!!:) IBET IT IS GOING TO BE AN AWSOME MOVIE. MY LITTLE SISTER IS GOING CRAZY ABOUT THIS MOVIE. !!!!!! :) :):):):)

23. Choko

I’ve read all the books and i can’t wait to see Eclipse in thearters! I’m going to see it at midnight. Also, I think people should read the books. I love Stephanie Meyers books!

24. Vampirebites

This movie Really stinks I hate this movie A lot they should of not put Robert Patterson as Edward Cullen they should of put someone else as the person ! I like the books but I don’t like some of the people they used as the people in the book!

25. cooolcutiepie990

When I see it my and my cool aunt we r TEAM EDWARD cuz Jacob does something to Bella and she gets hurt!! So all u Team Jacob fans Edward is soooooooooooo going to win Bella!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to disapoint u but I read the 1st 3rd and almost finishe the 4th book!!! Cant wait to see Eclipse July 5 cuz I am going out of town!! P.S. I did not fill like reading the 2nd 1 cuz I already saw the movie. P.S.S. No offensie to the team jacob. P.S.S.S. GOOOOOOOOOOO Team Edward!! Team Vampires!!!! ( Team Edward)

26. moth821

Jacob rocks and I can’t wait to see Eclipse ,but first I’m going to try to read the book. That way I’ll know what happens before the movie!!!!! :D

27. 3566

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM GOINGT TO SEE THIS MOVIE I HAVE BEN WATING 4 THIS DAY 4 A LNG TIME!!!!!!!!!! :) I AM SO HAPPY. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

28. 3566

i am so happy i still cant belive that i am going to see the movie on the day it comes out. :) GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I hope it is as good as they say on T.V I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM GOING T WATCh IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) lol

29. haymaze44

the line where Taylor says i’m cuter is odd but actually true no offense to the people who think otherwise but its true. I can’t wait for eclipse to come out i am so looking forward 2 it and hope it’s better than the book

30. soccermvp

OK, I am so excited for eclipse to come out I read all of the books except breaking dawn. so excied!

31. queenamerica1

i like the line where it says taylor says i am cuter and i gust want to point out that thats true 4 all u taylor haters it is SOOO true :) lol well i am SO looking forward to eclipce it looks very good specially since they gave it 5 stars :) cant wait

32. harryobsessed

@vanillaicecream12: No, it is starring, with two r’s. Staring is looking at something; a form of stare.
    Defy gravity!

33. krystalkobra

my mom, my bff, and i r gonna c it either on wednesday or thursday. im not sure if my bff,maryssa , is gonna c it with me or not.

34. Girlsruletheworld

Aw Taylor! I watch American Idol too! That is so cool! I love Taylor hes such a neat person!

35. DaPunk

Wow, they’re pretty funny–I never cared much for the Twilight movies, but yeah, these guys are hilarious.

36. cool5680

BORING!why?if i see them in person i might be happy. yah
    right i will be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OH YAH I AM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Hannah

Many, many typos… A few miss spelled words and commas. Also a hyphen in “re shot” would make it a lot easier to read.

38. cena16

not trying to jelous up any one, but I’ve already seen eclipse. its kinda weird though… lol love it!!!

39. pjhpfredgeorgehermionewarriors

I am so excited about eclipse!i’m gonna be on vacation by then and my mom said i cant see it when we’re there but she said she wasn’t saying anything about when we get back. that means i can probably see it when I’m back from vacation.
    Yay!
    GO TEAM JACOB!!!! I love you taylor!<3 My mom is team JB too.We think he’s cute. 32 lbs of muscle is impressive!
    “I’m gonna use Comic Sans on everything I write!”
    - Pjhpfredgeorgehermionewarriors

40. Elizabeth

This page was so interesting. None of my friends at school have a stacks account so I can’t wait to tell them. I’m not old enough to watch the movies yet, but I am going to read the books. Rob seems just like my crush at school.

41. PaigeJ 73

OMG! I CANNOT WAIT 2 C ECLIPSE IT SEEMS SOOOOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!! THERE NEEDS 2 B MORE INTERVEWS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :D

42. cooolcutiepie2000

I can’t wait to see Eclipse I all ready saw Twilight, New Moon and going on eclipse. I got the book this Tuesday and finished the whole entire book on Thurs.!! I going to see it with my COOL aunt who also love he Twilight Saga~!! I am sooo upset that I wont see it the day it comes out cuz I am going away that day my aunt said we are going to see it when we come back like after we go home a clean up then we will go!! Finally my aunt says its going to be the best becouse of Jacab and Edward fighting ove Isabella (Bella)!! I think so to!! Cant wait I wish it came out sooner!! But hey at least I am going to see it! My BFF also likes the Twilight Saga!!!

43. Laur*en

I really liked reading this, it let me see how movie actors are off-camera, this is something I’d like to see more often. :)

44. Vanillacream12

There are some typos in their like starring, when it’s supposed to be staring.
    Just letting you know!