June 24, 2010

Eclipse Movie: Stewart, Pattinson & Lautner

Posted by at 7:31 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities | Permalink

Taylor_kristen_rob_130 Boy meets Girl. Boy falls in love with Girl. Girl loves Boy. Complications arise: Boy is a vampire. Girl has protective werewolf friend who also loves Girl. Girl must choose. And . . . Vampire Armies attack!

If you haven’t guessed already, I’m talking about Eclipse, the third book in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series (for ages 12 and up). And in one of the BIGGEST events of the summer, Eclipse, the movie (rated PG-13) is hitting theaters June 30th.
In true Ink Splot 26 fashion, we are bringing you interviews (hold your applause) with the cast of Eclipse! Today we’ve got interviews with Kristen Stewart who plays Bella, Robert Pattinson who plays Edward, and Taylor Lautner who plays Jacob.

Q: Tell us a little about Eclipse.
Taylor:
Eclipse was my favorite book, so I was really excited to start filming the movie. I just love that it’s the height of the love triangle. Twilight develops Edward and Bella’s relationship, New Moon develops Jacob and Bella’s, and in Eclipse the three of them are physically together.

Kristen: Eclipse is like New Moon [because] it sort of starts and becomes a completely new movie. As soon as you think you’re going to get the same story, all of a sudden it completely changes. Bella is much more back to herself. She’s content now. She’s comfortable and self-assured in a way that she wasn’t in New Moon.
[Ratha: Finally! Bella drove me crazy in New Moon.]

Taylor Q: Tell us about the tent scene.

Taylor: It’s one of my favorite scenes. Edward is forced to let me sleep in the same sleeping bag as Bella so she doesn’t die, because she’s shivering to death and I’m warm. I’m the only thing at that moment that can keep her alive. It’s a funny scene. There’s a lot of ribbing going on between Jacob and Edward.
Kristen: It’s a ridiculous circumstance to find yourself in! I loved playing with the three characters together. In Eclipse Bella lies to herself and she lies to everyone around her about the fact that she’s in love with Jacob, just not as much [as with Edward]. It’s that extra thing that you can’t really even describe.
[Ratha: So they say. . . love is complicated.]

Q: What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?

Rob: I haven’t done that many romantic things, in my life. I actually can’t think of a single romantic thing I’ve ever done. That’s terrible.

[Ratha: Oh no! Kristin, would you agree? Kristin? Kristin??]

Q: What personality traits do you share with Edward?

Rob: I guess stubbornness, in some ways, about some things. He’s pretty self-righteous. I get quite obsessive about things, and possessive as well.

Q: What is the strangest thing that has ever been written about you?

Taylor_kristen_robRob: Some magazine had on the cover that I was pregnant. I was just like, “Wow!” I didn’t really know what to make of that one. I don’t even know if that qualifies as libelous because they can just say, “Well, it’s obviously fiction,” but it’s written in a non-fiction magazine. I saw a couple comments under the article saying, “That’s why he always wears jackets. He always wears layers to hide it.”

[Ratha: Bizarre. Well, you heard it here folks, Robert Pattinson is NOT pregnant.]

Taylor: Honestly I try to stay away from what has been written about me ’cause if you let that stuff get to you and it’s not true, it can drive you crazy. One thing that I have heard, which is not true, I was quoted as saying I will never take my shirt off for a movie again. I didn’t say that. If I have to, if the character requires it, I will.
[Ratha: Good to know he will sacrifice for his art!]

Q: When would it help in your real life to turn into a werewolf?

Taylor: Oh boy. I don’t know. I guess when you’re younger and you’re in school and you’re being picked on by some bullies! It could get very, very ugly.

[Ratha: That would be a GREAT secret weapon bully repellent.]

Q: If there was a fight between Edward and Jacob, who would win?

Rob: I don’t know. I think it’s actually a fact that Edward would win, if I read the books correctly. So, I guess I can hold onto that, for my ego.

Taylor: That discussion is still up in the air. We should probably get Stephenie Meyer on the line and ask her.

[Ratha: Ooh, can I be in on that call?]

Q: What about in a fight between you and Taylor?

Taylor: Oh man. I don’t know between me and Rob. He actually does a lot of boxing in his time off. It might be a good match-up.

Rob: After looking at Taylor’s martial arts videos from when he was like nine, I wouldn’t really want to do anything! Maybe if I had some kind of weapon.

Well you can see the fight unfold in Eclipse in theaters June 30th. AND check back here for another interview with Rob and Taylor coming soon. We’ll also be chatting with the Cullens, the Wolf Pack, and the Volturi. Er, the actors and actresses who play them that is. Until then!

—Ratha, STACKS Writer

Interview by Gerri Miller
Photos courtesy of Summit Entertainment

1. kiley

Bella you rock i cant belive that you are in this awesome show no afens but loss the white make up. love your show. My sister Kelsey is in love with your show. you rock. cant wait to see your next show. I want to become a atress and i am going to try to try out to do a show just like you.I Am trying to watch every show Twilight.I am 9 years old but can like your show love your show.
    P.S. Kiley
    To twilight.BY

2. Marlene

I think it was great tthat they got interviews from the cast and they give alot of info. It got me excited about watching the movie. I think it was a really good blog.

3. lexii123

The eclipse movie was really good.I read the book before and seeing the movie.The funniest part,in my opinion,was when bella attempted to ‘punch’ jacob in the face.She broke her hand.And i thought it was really funny when i read it.But in the movie,it was so hilairus.

4. hanson

I just love eclipse it is my favorite movie of all time i am on team edward do you see how fast he moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Doggy lover

Twilight is a really good series. I love everything about it. If I had choose team Edward Or team Jacob I would choose team Jacob in a heartbeat.So if you are ever looking for a move to watch look at the twilight saga!!!

6. stuffedmonkey55

I looooooooved this movie its the best one they have ever made!!!!!!! :)
    I hav read every book more than once

7. Murklocknight

TEAM Jacob!! Taylor is cuter then rob. duh,to me in the movie rob. looks better then he dose like jacob. ;D

8. PMNROCKS

I started reading the Twilight Series when i was 9. My II year old sister [now 13] got me hooked. She got the first 2 books and when she was done i read them. I am 11 now and i am all done with the series now and i am pumped to see Eclipse. Cant wait for Breaking Dawn! Just so you know the are spliing the book in half, so there is going to be two movies for Breaking Dawn!!!!

9. Paige

I LOVE the Twilight Series. I think the best book is Eclipse. I LOVE Taylor Launter! He is so cute! I cant wait to see the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. -Milly-

Eclipse Movie: Stewart, Pattinson & LautnerTwilight is my dream. thoses boys are mine. I have read every book and i am ten!! I started reading them at age nine. i saw the movie preveiws and it looked great i had to read more!! <3These books and movies are awesome! I am on Team Jacob. Jacob is so cute. My 4th grade teacher loves Edward. He is her screensaver on her laptop. That is so funny right? Bella,in real life is so quiet and she always seems mad. She is a real Bella. My mom is reading Eclipse. She had finished New Moon a couple of months ago. My 4th grade teacher read all the books in 2 weeks. And those books are huge! She must have not slept at all. She was in love with those books. She is most likely to see the movie. My 2 friends are seeing the movie at midnight Lucky!!!I’m on team edward.My fav character had to be
    Alice Cullen.Plus I am seeing Eclipse with my bff.
    We can’t wait to see it!Did you know there might be 2 twilight Breaking dawns?Plus i will see every twilight movie till the last one.In a magazine it said that everbody from twilight were friends with eachother. read in a magazine that rob was scared of taylor because of his martial arts. anyway, to me taylor is the cutest guy in that movie. team jacob!!!!:)
    I READ TWILGHT AND NEW MOON AND WATCHED BOTH MOVIES. I ALSO READ ECLPISE SO CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is sooooooo cool!!! I want to see the movie sooooooo bad! :)

11. -Milly-

EclipseMovie: Stewart, Pattinson & Lautner These books and movies are awesome! I am on Team Jacob. Jacob is so cute. My 4th grade teacher loves Edward. He is her screensaver on her laptop. That is so funny right? Bella,in real life is so quiet and she always seems mad. She is a real Bella. My mom is reading Eclipse. She had finished New Moon a couple of months ago. My 4th grade teacher read all the books in 2 weeks. And those books are huge! She must have not slept at all. She was in love with those books. She is most likely to see the movie. My 2 friends are seeing the movie at midnight Lucky!!!
    ILU THIS MOVIE

12. shyanne g

i am a big fan of all the movies i have seen twilit and new moon i want to see eclips go team Jacob I Love u Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. princese bella

jacob is my fav character in twilight eclipse.i read every book inspired by the movie go team jacob!!!!!!!!!

14. lilyane

go team jacob. He is so cute. my cousin and i love him so so much.My cousin likes him with his long hair and i like him with his haircut.

15. Dippin' Dotz

Luv taylor lautner cuz hes soooo strong saw the movie
    it was really good cuz my mom suprised us

16. hope

i luvvvv robert pattinson soo much that i would just drowl over him if i saw him. i luv u robert pattinson me and my mom are a big fan of you

17. go giants10

Go team Jacob!!! whoo! I really can’t wait 2 c the Eclipse movie! Yep Jacob really’s cuter and I agree R. Patt was better in HP!! WHY IS HE IN TWILIGHT?

18. team jacob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Eclipse. i love Jacob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. vampiresS

GO TEAM EMMETT
    YOU HAVE TO ADMIT HE IS THE COOLEST CHARACTER
    SERIOUSLY JACOB AND EDWARD HAVE GOT SERIOUS ISSUES

20. Monkeysurfing

i can’t wait to see ECLIPSE! I have read the book and i think the movie will be just as good. AND i WILL buy it! Oh and what team are you on? GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!

21. Jesse

luv that movie it is a must see 4 anyone and everyone, when you see that movie it will be life changing can’t wait to see breaking dawn

22. chasingboys

wow i seen the movie with my friend and it was so awsome i love edward he is sssooooooooooooooo cutttttttttttte

23. audri

i just saw the movie and it was sooooooo awesome!!!!!!!! but im not not telling any of u what happens. hurry up and watch it .i think its the best moVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKED THE PART WHEN SETH- oops not telling anyone

24. Alexis01191999

I think the new movie will be gtreat! Although I never saw any of them.I want to but i cant I like the pictures on thes inkspot they are fantastic I am a fan of Jacob lol:-)

25. monkeysurfing

ECLIPSE is such a great book. AND i cannot wait to see the movie. i have already read all the book (i read them all in a week!) eclipse will be the best movie yet!!!!

26. mackynzie

i hope bella pickes edward go team edward i also like jacob he is so cute but i still like edward GO TEAM EDWARD right who dosent love edward he is so alsome

27. mackynzie

i am so exsited to see the movie and i hope bella oickes edward and at the same time i like jakob he is so cute coment back what you think

28. mackynzie

i want to see the movie sooooooo bad to and wonder if bella will pick edward or jakob i want to bella to pick edward what abot you?

29. monabellarocker

Great article! can’t wait for the movie! Team Jacob and I think that jacob would win the fight.

30. Bani

GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!! He is soooooooo cute!!!!!!! I want to be Bela in the movie. I want to be her because she gets to be with Edward!!!

31. sstipton

My friend and I are really goingfor Eadward. But, she can’t choose between which one she thinks is the cutest.
    Edward or Jacob

32. sstipton

I can’t wait for Eclipse to come out!I read all of the books and watghed Twilight and New Moon.They were awesome!!I’m going for Team Edward!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Twilight dreamer123957

34. Noelle

35. CUTIE509

JACOB IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTE IF HE WAS MY BOYFRIEND I WOULD B ONE OF DA MOST LUCKY GIRL ON EARTH

36. lizzythelizzard561

37. princessbubbles34

I’m on team edward.My fav character had to be
    Alice Cullen.Plus I am seeing Eclipse with my bff.

38. sammieG2010

i so wanna see the movie GO TEAM EDWARD is i was one of the vampires i would be alice but i would want to be bella at the same time

39. krystalkobra

i read in a magazine that rob was scared of taylor because of his martial arts. anyway, to me taylor is the cutest guy in that movie. team jacob!!!!:)