May 24, 2010

Writing Prompt! These shoes are made for. . .

Posted by at 8:02 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_shoes One of my all-time favorite books is Dancing Shoes by Noel Streatfeild. In fact, Streatfeild wrote a whole swath of books involving shoes: Ballet Shoes, Tennis Shoes, Circus Shoes, Party Shoes. . . you get the picture.

Dancing Shoes was my favorite of the "shoe" books because it took place in a dancing school, where the characters compete for roles and auditions, not to mention for the attention of the school's headmaster. There's drama! Humor! Intrigue! But all of the "shoe" books are great, and each is aptly named based on subject matter.

So I got to thinking: if I were to write my own "shoe" book, what would it be called? For today's writing prompt, think about your own feet, and the types of shoes that usually encase them. Do you wear cleats most of the time? Hiking boots? Pointe shoes? Snow boots?

What would your "shoe" book be called, and why? Leave a Comment and tell us!

Morgan, Scholastic Staffer

1. The Shoehanker

Heyyy!☺! i w0uld like tennis shoes bcuz i luve 2 run and its alittle hrd 2 run in flip flops.:(. OR i w0uld do converse, there AWSOME!!!!!☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

2. TravelTheWorld

I did not read these books but I would call one tennis shoes. Thats what I have on right now. Everyone weres tennis shoes!

3. mexican PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would make the book abvout gucci shoes!!!!!!!!!1 because threynb aqre sooooooooooo cool

4. goober

moose dude will destroy evil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. bri456red

Well i would call the book Paces with Laces. My book would be about kids coming together and walking and running for special causes. Such as charities.

6. mexican PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am the well shoe-enator because i am like totally the girl king of shoes and i am like so awesome so i say we should make a book about stallettoes because that is what awesome people wear like me and other awesome people because =everyone is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. mirialin_moon_knight4789

I really enjoyed “Ballet Shoes”, so this is an awesome article, in my opinion. I tried to get my friend to read it…. and didn’t succeed. Ah, well.
    A title, a title… lessee… How about “Etiquette Shoes”? (I know, weird.) It could be about three kids who learn about manners, and something happens that just appears to be relevant.
    Yeah… That was a bad one.

8. Mumble29

That summary makes me want to read that book because I can relate to it because i am a dancer myself.

9. quibblergirl

My shoe book would be called “Tap-Shoes”. This is because I’m always loud, and I can get on peoples nerves sometimes.

10. catmusic30

my shoe book would be runners or sandals because that is when the most interesting things happen in my life.

11. TheInky3

I would name mine flip-flops, and it would be all about one pair of flip-flops, one beach, one guy, and three girls…….you get the picture!!!!!!!

12. GNOletsgo1

OMG! I just checked out Dancing Shoes from the library! Lol! I would name the book FlipFlops about a girl who lives near a beach, a book named HighHeels about a girl who’s going to a wedding, and a book named ConverseShoes about a girl who has a gazillion Converse shoes in different colors and patterns.