May 24, 2010

Writing Prompt! These shoes are made for. . .

Posted by at 8:02 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_shoes One of my all-time favorite books is Dancing Shoes by Noel Streatfeild. In fact, Streatfeild wrote a whole swath of books involving shoes: Ballet Shoes, Tennis Shoes, Circus Shoes, Party Shoes. . . you get the picture.

Dancing Shoes was my favorite of the "shoe" books because it took place in a dancing school, where the characters compete for roles and auditions, not to mention for the attention of the school's headmaster. There's drama! Humor! Intrigue! But all of the "shoe" books are great, and each is aptly named based on subject matter.

So I got to thinking: if I were to write my own "shoe" book, what would it be called? For today's writing prompt, think about your own feet, and the types of shoes that usually encase them. Do you wear cleats most of the time? Hiking boots? Pointe shoes? Snow boots?

What would your "shoe" book be called, and why? Leave a Comment and tell us!

Morgan, Scholastic Staffer

1. jiawei

It seems to be a lack of impartiality in your article,there are some problem in laker team ideed,but it is still a good team cause every player are trying their best to do it.

2. magic-esi

Banana Shoes. How awesome would it be to wear shoes made out of bananas?
    Or jellybean shoes. I could make those… I could get white or clear canvas shoes and clip or glue jellybeans on.

3. happy4ev

My book would be called My Shoes. My book wouldn’t have facts on my actual shoes. It would be about your personality. I would have quizes on your personality to see who you are and how you like to do things. I think my book would be pretty cool. I would do my book on this because I don’t know much about shoes and I like doing quizes.Oh and I wouldn’t really read a book about shoes.I like how Noel Streatfeild writes about books that seem like their about shoes but really about being the person wearing the shoes. He writes cool stories of someone who is in the paticular shoe but the main thing is being the person in the shoes.

4. Brenda

Have you guys ever heard of the song eenie meenie miney mow??? It is an awesome song by Justin Bieber / Sean Kingston!!!

5. puppies125

Mine would be called…hmmm…it would be called Reading Shoes if there was such a thing. Or it could be called Beach Shoes. which would be Flip Flops.

6. April

My shoe book would be called Slippery Shoes. It seems like I slip on stuff all the time no matter what kind of shoes I wear.

7. Melina

I love this series, I only knew that there was ballet shoes, theater shoes and dancing shoes! I would say ballet shoes but since shes already done that I would say tap shoes.

8. Courtney

Skater shoes, because im emo.
    and you need cool shoes like Vans DC’s and chucks to pull off being emo/sceane/scater

9. koala

My shoe book would be called high-heals because some are super crazy. I don’t get how people can wear shoes with 5″ or 6″ heals.

10. Kate

My shoe book would be called Skating Boots, and about three girls who start as close friends but stray apart when they compete as rivals in an ice-kating competition – and how one girl trys her hardest and risks everything to get them back together.

11. sweetpea97

i would also write about flip flops because i thi9mk the so fun to wear and they come in so many cool colors and styles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. marie

i read that book too. I always thought that the one girl in the book was being kind of silly to control her stepsisters life. But Dancing Shoes is good. Oh, and mine would probably be Espadrilles because they are the best kind of sandal, ever.

13. fabuolousdolphin

my shoe would have to be iceskates or acting shoes. they may already be books but those are my favorite things to do.

14. purplepenguin13

Journal Shoes. It could be about a girl who draws on her shoes to record important things that happen in her life.

15. cool!!!!!!!!!!!

that was asome .i think the shoe should be a tenisheo . that is evil and tries to tack over the world .and at the end a 19 year old gril saved the them and then blat of into space

16. giggle456

This book sounds so cool! If I were to make a book like this it would be called Boots. It would be a funny book!

17. harrypotter

i’m very happy that you posted the shoe part of the blog because I think shoes are very important

18. jj202

I would call my shoe book walking shoes for walking or running and they would never hurt your feet.

19. Josephine

Mine will either be called Flip-flops ’cause they’re real comfy or No Shoes ’cause that’s as comfy as you can get!

20. lyncspower

I would name my shoe book converse. Why? Well because I love them even though I dont have a pair of them!

21. angelhorses

I would call my book the diary of 6th grade and i would name it that because i had a a great 6th grade with all my friends

22. Beastboy24

My book would b eatable shoes because I like food$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

23. bobhatescrab10

My shoe book would be called Hip Hop Shoes. It would be called that because I love hip hop and i like to be fun. Hip hop is fun to me.

24. The Shoehanker

Heyyy!☺! i w0uld like tennis shoes bcuz i luve 2 run and its alittle hrd 2 run in flip flops.:(. OR i w0uld do converse, there AWSOME!!!!!☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

25. TravelTheWorld

I did not read these books but I would call one tennis shoes. Thats what I have on right now. Everyone weres tennis shoes!

26. mexican PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would make the book abvout gucci shoes!!!!!!!!!1 because threynb aqre sooooooooooo cool

27. goober

moose dude will destroy evil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. bri456red

Well i would call the book Paces with Laces. My book would be about kids coming together and walking and running for special causes. Such as charities.

29. mexican PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am the well shoe-enator because i am like totally the girl king of shoes and i am like so awesome so i say we should make a book about stallettoes because that is what awesome people wear like me and other awesome people because =everyone is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. mirialin_moon_knight4789

I really enjoyed “Ballet Shoes”, so this is an awesome article, in my opinion. I tried to get my friend to read it…. and didn’t succeed. Ah, well.
    A title, a title… lessee… How about “Etiquette Shoes”? (I know, weird.) It could be about three kids who learn about manners, and something happens that just appears to be relevant.
    Yeah… That was a bad one.

31. Mumble29

That summary makes me want to read that book because I can relate to it because i am a dancer myself.

32. quibblergirl

My shoe book would be called “Tap-Shoes”. This is because I’m always loud, and I can get on peoples nerves sometimes.

33. catmusic30

my shoe book would be runners or sandals because that is when the most interesting things happen in my life.

34. TheInky3

I would name mine flip-flops, and it would be all about one pair of flip-flops, one beach, one guy, and three girls…….you get the picture!!!!!!!

35. GNOletsgo1

OMG! I just checked out Dancing Shoes from the library! Lol! I would name the book FlipFlops about a girl who lives near a beach, a book named HighHeels about a girl who’s going to a wedding, and a book named ConverseShoes about a girl who has a gazillion Converse shoes in different colors and patterns.

36. green queen 09

Um, how about Gym Shoes? They are soooo ugly unless you wear them with short shorts and a t-shirt.

37. Rachel

My shoe book would be entitled, running shoes. I love to run and I feel so free when I do.ALthough I’m not very fast running makes me feel like I’m running away from my troubles and running closer to my dreams.

38. Samantha

I would call my book Dress Shoes. It would be about how a person would get mice and fancy and seem like a different person, but stay the same inside. A bit of a Cinderella story,I guess.

39. gylfie97

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh………………. “shoe” shoes? i dunno. I where a lot of different shoes.

40. s.snape2000

Softball Shoes because I love softball.I play third base:)Ooo and ballet shoes, was that made into a movie with Richard Griffithes and Emma Watson both from Harry Potter?Or am does it just have the same title???

41. ICEDEMON96

I’ve read Ballet Shoes and I thought it was good.
    My shoe book would be called FlipFlops because I wear them all the time in the summer and wish I could wear them all the time in other in the winter too.

42. ellabella1300

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. ellabella1300

I would call the book FlipFlops. I would because they are roomy and I love to play at the beach with them on. SO USE THE NAME FLIPFLOPS! NOW! PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

44. kritter56

I would write a book about tenni sheos. I would beacause they are comfortable, but they make your feet stink too!

45. eak60

Moose Guy Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!