May 21, 2010

True Jackson Sidekick, Ashley Argota

Posted by at 8:57 am in Celebrities | Permalink

130 If you know the show True Jackson, V.P. then you know True’s best friend, Lulu. She’s funny, outspoken, and sometimes gets into trouble but she is always there for True. Our Scholastic interviewer caught up with Ashley Argota, the actress who plays Lulu, to ask her about her summer plans, favorite books, and best advice she ever got. Read on for the inside scoop. . .

Q: Favorite books when you were in middle school?
Ashley:
Books based on true stories, like about the Titanic. I used to love those books. A Series of Unfortunate Events. I loved those books. And all the Harry Potters.

Q: Summer plans?

Ashley: We’re shooting True Jackson until August so we’re working. But I’m excited to be working because I love my cast and I enjoy working so much. I’d really rather be working than sleeping at home doing nothing.

Q: Best and worst things about your job?

Ashley: The best thing about my job is that it’s my dream and I work with amazing people. I love Keke [Keke Palmer who plays True]. She’s one of my best friends and the whole cast is like a family to me. The worst part about my job? I have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning.

Q: What is the best advice you got and who gave it to you?

Ashley: My mom is my hero. She’s amazing. She gives me the best advice and I love her. My mom said, “Never let anyone get to you,” because there’s so much negativity.

Q: What three people living or dead, real or fictional would you invite to dinner together?

Ashley: I’d want to have dinner with Edward Cullen and Jacob so I could find out what it’s like to be a vampire and a werewolf, and Meryl Streep because she’s amazing.

Q: Last song you downloaded?

Ashley: The last one I downloaded was “I Want You” by Fefe Dobson. Fefe Dobson was on our set for a while, guest starring on an episode.

Q: Any unusual talents people don’t know you have?

Ashley: I’m double jointed and can twist my arm all the way around. [Demonstrates!] I can do it better when I’m on the floor.

Q: First celebrity crush?

Ashley: Leonardo DiCaprio. I came out of the theater after seeing Titanic and was holding his invisible hand. My mom was like, “What are you doing?” “Oh, Leonardo is my boyfriend.” We carried on for, like, five years!

Q: Favorite thing to cook or eat?

Ashley: To cook and eat, spaghetti. My dad taught me how to cook spaghetti. He makes the best spaghetti. I still can’t get it as amazing as he does, but I try.

Q: Biggest fear?
Ashley:
Spiders. I’m terrified of spiders and bees.

Q: Dog person or cat person?

Ashley: Dog person. I have a poodle named Annie. A miniature standard poodle mix. She’s six years old. I rescued her from a shelter. When we leave laundry on top of the dryer, sometimes she will climb up on the dryer and grab the socks, and eat them!

Q: Do you write poetry or keep a journal?

Ashley: I keep a journal of every day things like what I did at work, or if anything funny happened at work. I want to be able to read my journal in 20 years and remember what happened.

Q: If you could have a different career what would that be?

Ashley: I’d go into medicine. I actually just got accepted to NYU College of Nursing. I’m going to have to defer depending if we get picked up for a third season but I’m definitely going to go at some point. I was always interested in medicine since I was little. My mom’s a nurse, so it kind of came from her. I love acting, but that’s my backup plan.

Q: Fave motto?

Ashley: Never give up. I was going to quit because there’s so much disappointment and so much negativity but I ended up doing this, so it’s been amazing.

It’s a good thing Ashley didn’t quit acting because then she never would have been on a hit show, and she never would have been slimed!
Non_Slime_Promo_Shoot_small
Slime_Promo_Shoot_small

Oh wait, maybe being slimed is a bad thing. . . I don’t know. . . but it kind of looks like fun to me!

Interview by Gerri Miller
Photos courtesy of Nickelodeon

1. rebecca

i love leonardo dicaprio too especially titanic oh yea and don’t forget kate winslet and everybody i love that movie i like u for that lol<3

2. asia

i LOVE a series of unfortanute events i just finished the series last night. i feel bad about how kit died. Ashley you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. alicia

Omg all those answers that ashley said were like my own words even ask my friends i act and would say the same thing as her every one says that my name should be ashley we have so much in common

4. PINK GIRLY GIRL

TRUE JACKSON IS ASWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Kristina

Ashely your awsome your my fav character on True Jackson I cant wait 2 c true jackson stuck in paris i still didnt get 2 c it yet

6. n101

I like the show true jackson. I like dogs more than cats too. I also think that your character is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. campingtooth

i love the mummy series and the Laura croft series so pretty much i like all horror movies. horror movies rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Mia

look at all of that slime i have done that before at the nickhotel!it was awesome!it made my hair slimy!it felt nice!

9. happiness!!!!!!

i love the show true jackson vp and i love true’s best friend ashley argota!!!!!!!:):):):):):):)!!!!!!!:):):):):):)!!!!!!!

10. bobhatescrab10

I think that this blog was cool. I realized that we have some things in common. We both like dogs our favorite mottos are the same and we both like the same bools that aare serious and true.

11. dizzyjellychip

you are so luky to be on true jakson i alwas wanted to be on that show you are one of my idols

12. mel

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! school almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. KaflooplesMcSyrup

True Jackson is one of my favorite shows. My favorite character is Ryan. My favorite episode is when Ryan Sheckler guest starred. TRUE JACKSON IS AN AWESOME SHOW!

14. Song dude

do ya like waffles
    ya we like waffles
    do ya like pancakes
    ya we like pancakes
    do ya like french toast
    ya we like french toast
    do do do do do do can’t waita get a mouth full

15. *Maddy*

I love true jackson vp! It is my 3rd favorite show on nicolodeon! If I spelled that wrong I am sorry!!!!!! Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must have been fun being slimed i have been dying to do that but ive never got the chance! also i have a question who is Meryl streep i have never heard of her!!! is she amazing like you said? i believe u though i was just asking. well bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nadia

heyy maria ur show is awsome keke palmer is the greatest thoe no affense to u or anything but keke is da bomb lolz maria ur funny u karein i am lolz nt im puerto rican lolz bi :) lolz hahahahahahahaha
    <3 <3 nadia has madskillz lol luv yah gurl

17. khizzle

i always wanted to be slimed but i cant but to me it looks gooey and slimy hahahahahahahahahaha!

18. pb264221472

that was a really awsome blog you wrote and i can’t wait to see more from you. from pb264221472

19. adryaine

hey she really got slimed oh you are my hero and i hope you will be on true jackson next year
    p.s i am your bigist nuber one fan

20. Taylor

I just watched true jaskson trapped in paris, and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. rebecca

that looks fun i wonder if i got slimed. i onder how it would feel lol! ashley i feel bad for u and i wish that was me! hahaha jk but it really seems fun………..kinda! :D

22. Luladog248

I loved you and Keke in True Jackson traped in Paris. I watched it at 10 – 11 pm. But i fell asleep in the mid of the night.

23. chubby pubby

that is so awesome and it would be awesome if she had an acount on here so we can chat with her

24. alyssa

i think you are really funny and hope your on true jackson vp next year . that slim really looks fun and gooy. id like to get slimed . i always look up to u u are my hero.

25. chubby pubby

thats awesome and i wonder if she has an account on stacks so all of the members can chat with her!!

26. Jules

Hi Ashley I would LOVE to have lunch with Edward and Jacob too…especially Jacob. Actually, ONLY Jacob. Cant wait to see the rest of the season of TJVP. See you on the stacks!

27. _waffleee_

I’ve never been slimed before(: but I sometimes watch the KCA and everytime they get slimed, it looks like a lot of fun :D

28. rorie23

that is funny what you have posted that just like something i would do get simlied but i was wournding if you would like to be my friend

29. rorie23

hi that looks just like something i would do waht about yall
    p.s. im a new user and i was wourding if you would like to be my friend

30. kayira

well how funny are you i would love to see you in person cause your my hero i look up tp you my mom said your funny you are you are the best are you still goin to be on true jakson vp next year i hope so