May 12, 2010

Trackers by Patrick Carman

Posted by at 7:54 am in Reads | Permalink

Trackers Hello and welcome to Scholastic Booktalks where we recommend brand new Scholastic books that we think you will love. This week’s booktalk: Trackers by Patrick Carman.

Blackmail, spying and secret government agencies. These are just a few things that have recently come into Adam Henderson’s life. Adam is a legend in the online world. You might call him a technological prodigy. Give him a computer and he can immediately fix anything wrong with it. He can produce code faster than anyone and he can track anyone and anything in the world.

Since 4th grade, Adam has referred to himself and his friends as trackers. He tracks people on computers and cell phones from his lab, called the Vault. Only Adam and his three best friends are allowed in the super-secret Vault.

While working in the Vault one day, Adam receives a message. This message is written in a little known language of symbols called the Glyph. Adam knows the language because he invented it. The cryptic message he receives states, “The Glyphmaster awaits you.” But if Adam was the one to create the language, then who is the Glyphmaster? After more messages from the Glyphmaster, Adam discovers that this person knows information about him and his family — knowledge that nobody could know, unless they had been inside the Vault.

At first, Adam thinks the Glyphmaster is playing a game. But soon, it becomes apparent that Adam is being tricked, and Adam and his three best friends delve into a world full of intrigue, underground government agencies and a secret so dark that it could destroy the internet.

What is going on? Read Trackers by Patrick Carman to find out.

— Jen, Scholastic Booktalker

1. dalehcahill

I own the trackers #1 and #2,I also looooovvvveeee the 39 clues and just got the first “cahills vs. vespers #1 the medusa plot”
    ………but any way I have
    both trackers books and they are awesome sofar. Has
    anybody read the warriors books they rock and there abuot kidys?

2. Stan

It’s an excellent book i’ve read the skeleton creek series and I couldn’t wait for the next book Trackers is one of my favorite books. I recommend this book for everyone. I give it 5 stars.

3. stargrl22

I haven’t read the book yet but it sounds interesting. I mean it has to it is by one of my favorite authors. And it’s just like the 39 clues series.:)

4. tinny tim

Sounds cool I love spy books. Has anyone read the Alex Rider Series. If you are into spies this is the series for you!

5. nailah

ok so i don’t like or love harry potter or any thing no affence but what is so good about it plese post some one and if you do type my name on it so i know it for me

6. pie#1

i like harry potter books and i cant wait untill i save up the money to buy the books!!!!!:)!!!!!:)!!!!!:)

7. Abby

I’ve never heard of that book but it looks pretty decent and i think it might be fun to try out! Thanks for the great book and personally i think the gliphmaster has been tracking Adam and his every move. That means that there could be a computer prodigy out there somewhwere that’s just like Adam! I don’t know but that’s just my guess.It sounds like a real thrilling book and i hope i can get my hands on it.

8. RapMusic

Does anyone know a girl named Versus? Because she’s in my class and I’m trying to get her to be my freind on here.

9. RapMusic

Hi Hi HI HI HI HI HIHI! Man! I’ve got ALOT of friends. If you want to make me have even more friends my name is RapMusic

10. Natalie

Hey I have a bit of Spy Gadgets and It is easy to Spy on my friends and Family.
    At thanksgiving last year I spied on my cousin while I was under the Pool Table!
    LOL it was fun and my friends placed cameras everywhere but the bathrooms!
    We were going to see if my cousin did something bad {which he did} so we told his mom and we became the Agents Club Busters 101!!!

11. Brandon

WOW!!! This looks like the best book ever written! It combines two of the many things I love… spies and secret clubs. Ineed this book!!!

12. Laura

Thank you so much for telling me about this book, it seems really interesting. I wish to buy it soon so i will be able to read about this lovely plot.
    Laura

13. -KristinE-

I think i want to start reading books like that but im not sure if they will interest me or not. Any reviews?