May 7, 2010

Marmaduke, the Movie Dog

Ink Splot 26: Marmaduke UPDATE: Marmaduke replied! You can read his answers to your questions here.

You may have seen the comic strip, Marmaduke, in your Sunday newspaper. It was started in 1954 by Brad Anderson, and has been running ever since with help from different cartoonists. It's about an ENORMOUS Great Dane named Marmaduke, who basically drives his family crazy with his antics. Here is an example from the comic:

Marmaduke

What I love about these comics is that you can totally imagine what Marmaduke is thinking. Like in this one, I imagine he is thinking, "Ooh bubbles! Fun!!"

On June 4, Marmaduke the movie will be coming to theaters — not a comic version, but a live action movie with a real dog. And in the movie you can actually hear Marmaduke's thoughts in his head. So to get you psyched for the movie, the writers have offered to answer your questions for Marmaduke. Now is your chance to ask that crazy dog what it's like to star in a movie about his life. . . why he acts so crazy all the time. . . what is his favorite thing to do. . .or anything else you want to know!

Write your questions for Marmaduke in the Comments and then come back on June 4 for the answers.

Movie photo courtesy of 20th Century Fox and Regency Enterprises
Comic courtesy of United Feature Syndicate, Inc.

1. calista

the move is here i saw it anless u are waiting for the disc and the disc has artie come to storews.

2. cheesecake

Marmaduke,
    My favorite part is when you were dancing with the dogs. I wish I was famous like you. I f this happened to me I would be the happiest person on the planet. I liked the picture with you and the cat. It was so adorable.

3. haley

this movie it the best! buts whats with the weird questions! and you are just so cute! and what was your favorite moment filming

4. earui350

marmaduke is funny and all that i saw his movie and it was weird because a talkng dog reall thats kinda dumb but i liked the movie

5. lolgirl1998

frist things frist…. if u hav an ancount on this website ask me 2 b ur firend my username is lolgirl1998
    second……. i saw the movie and it was alsome…….
    later:/

6. sweet choco marshmellow 123468

Marmaduke i never read your comic but i saw the movie and it was so funy lol :) i also have some questions do u like potatoes? and also do u have another name thas not marmaduke? thx and i cant wait for june 4 see u.

7. MAXHmandude

YOUR AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. nickc

HI I LIKE PIE
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI

9. celesta

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelater

10. madison1234567890

marmaduke you are suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper AUWSOME

11. lol*funny

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii llllloooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeee mmmmmaaaaarrrrrmmmmmaaaaa ddddduuuuuuukkkkkkkeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Steven

That movie is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jared

i like the movie but it kinda fails with the bully dog and marmaduke why do you have a owner that doesnt give you alot of treats

14. marisol

you are so a super dog and my brother is youre #1 fan in the hole world,and my sister is youre #1 fan in the hole world too.But you are a cartune to me because dogs dont talk in real life to me.And by the way i liked youre movie because it was a little bit sad and a little bit not sad in the movie.And all of my family is a marmaduke fan.P.S. I wish i could meet you and all of my favorite stars on disney channel and nickolodian well goodby

15. camoshark896

Marmaduke!This pup reminds me of gassy on Sonny with a Chance!!Jezabele is very wise.Have already seen the movie it is a very good family comedy.Hopefully you guys that responded get to see this hilarias movie!

16. ivory

maraduke i love your movie and i was just wondering if you could write a new a movie called the enchanted wizard about true love and war and finding who you really are.

17. Abbi R.

Dear Marmuduke,
    i forgot to tell you do you love your job and tell me the truth i can keep a secret i have never said a secret to any one so i won’t hert feelings
    from Abbi

18. Abbi R.

Dear Marmaduke,
    i wish i could meet you soo bad but if i ever do i want you to know i won’t scream like crazed fans do but if you had not known i am a animal lover and a little bitt of a bug lover
    from Abbi
    P.S please write back it will make my day. Think about it you will make me so happy pluse we can always talk i can solve your probloms and you can solve mine!

19. Abbi R.

HOW TALL IS MARMADUKE? IS HE ALOT OF WORK TO TAKE CARE OF?IS HE VEREY NICE?WHY DOSE HE HAVE POUNTY EARS? WHY CAN’T I STOP ASKING STUFF? HELP ME!!!!

20. Avanthika

Hi marmaduke!Do you have any nickname and last name?Do you know tomorrow is my friend’s birthday and bye the way tomorrow is october fifth and that is when her birthday is,she has a brother and i have a brother also but i do not have a twin sister and a normal sister but i wish i have a twin sister.

21. Avanthika

HaHaHa your sooooooooooooo funny marmaduke.Do you go to a dog class do you go to any dog school marmaduke? and do you like to read I know i do?And what is your favorite dog food marmaduke?And what is your mom and dads name? And that is problably it I do not have any thing else to write.

22. Avanthika

Hi marmaduke i really want to meet you in pearson.What is you favorite thing to do? And what is your favorite song you wrot

23. whitney

hi marmaduke!!!! i love your movie, I wish I could have your autograph my whole room is full of your posters.u rock!

24. My funny comics

(^O_._O^)———–(ARF ARF ARF ARF WOOF ARF WOOF WOOF)
    (^o.o^)————–(MEOW MEOW *HISSES*)
    (-.-)–(-o.o-)————-(MARMADUKE STOP CHASING THE CAT!!!!!)
    (Oo)——–(Baby:WAA)
    (^O_._O^)——(*licks the baby to stop crying and snuggles up with it)
    (-.-)–(-o.o-)——(Aw!)

25. cooldude3595

HEY! i have one question. that is… how is the movie “marmeduke?” i have been waiting impatiently to see that movie ever sence 1 it was on every comertials, and 2 EVERYONE was talking about it at my school.

26. Marvalous266

I loved the movie did you see it yet?
    It is a great movie all of you thinking maybe i shouldn’t get Marmaduke to buy or rent you will regreat it!

27. sandy

we’ve owned several great danes or should i say they have owned us & can relate to this movie. marmaduke is a great family movie & i will own it when it comes out. funny from beginning to end. thank u brad anderson for creating marmaduke. danes rule!

28. rn197430

My husband and I saw the movie today. Loved it. WE are trying to find out what breed Boscoe is?? Thanks.

29. the freak

marm i say u don’t need a movie u are an awsome greatdane!OH and do u think u would like my great dane?PS.it’s a girl get back soon

30. rose01yo

i am toatally want to see the movie !!!!!
    it seems so cool i want to see it today but i cant:0 :( ((((((

31. K

Hey Marmaduke what is your favorite T.V. show? How about movie (rather than your movie)?
    your favorite human name?
    Do you prefer Marma or Duke?

32. Taylor

Wave to me at the movie theater in 3D. My dog looks like the shih-tzu in your movie. I love you Marmaduke.I read your comic strips too! They are funny!LOL!

33. carlynne123

june 4th is going to be awesome it is june 4th can”t wait to see the movie hope to see it soon

34. Rylee

Hey Marmaduke!!!You are sooooooo cute!I can’t wait to see it! Hey i know your a dog and such but do you have a girlfriend?

35. ClaireCutie98

Well, do yall’ think this will be a good movie! II don’t know about I mean i’m getting old for talking dog movies you know!

36. sportboy

I think Marmaduke is going to be 1 of the top movies IN THE WORLD.I’m thinking tha Marmaduke is a Great Dane.I might not be able to get a ticket because many people are going to buy some and their to expenseve!GOODLUCK BUYING A TICKET!!

37. Abby

Hi Marmaduke! I have a big dog too. He gets in a lot of trouble all the time. What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve ever done?

38. Ben

Hey Marmaduke! Can’t wait to see the movie! I know you’re a big dog and like to eat alot, so I was wondering what the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten was?

39. Cade

Your story was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! It’s the best.

40. mirialin_moon_knight4789

@WobblyPig and wherturs
    Some people do feel that way. I think even if the plotline is weird, at least they do a great job with the effects. Think about how much time they must spend, just to get “Marmaduke” to do what they want him to, or to find the perfect actors and backdrops. All of that is vital to a movie.

41. twiheart13

Marmaduke is my best friend. I named my Goldfish that. I love goldfish. His name is Marmaduke. Pssssssttt I don’t IO dob’t have a goldfish. I do love this story tho. It’s sucha giood family mooovie. Ha I soundesd like a cow. MOOOOOO]
    Buuuhhhh Biiiiiii

42. Little Miss Cowgirl

ello! I just luv dogs!!! Did yu kno tht the great dane is the tallst dog in the world? Gibson, a great dane is the tallest dog in the world? On his back paws he stands i think 7 or 8 feet!! Thts taller than a horse which stands at about 14 hands (each hand is about 4in)!!!! OMG!!!!!!! : )

43. volleyballbabe18

My best friend has a great dane for a pet and his name is brutus he is huge!!!! i still love dogs in general!!!! ilyg <3

44. Mia

poor Marmaduke he did’nt know but he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo….CUTE!

45. coltoe

I liked the way the people drew it because the facial expressions in the strip said the girl was mad but Marmaduke was thinking oooo llloook at me Iam playing in soap bubblies!!!!!!!!! but when I read it I wasa thinking LOL!

46. Attackit78

OMG DUDES! i have a boxer and a great dane! of course the great dane looks Marmaduke’s twin brother. And the boxer’s name rhymes with the type of dog he is! awsum!!!!! i’m toally stoked to see this movie!!! >=) /\_/\

47. Selenagomezlover

I really don’t want to see this movie, it seems really stupid and weird, it kinda reminds me of Scooby Doo :P lol

48. tinypeguin16

omg i really want to see that movie so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Twinyboo

I really wanna see that cuz i like reading bout Marmaduke in the newspaper. He does so many funny things!

50. NinjaJuice

I dare Marmaduke to act civilized for a day. Ha ha.
    I saw the commercial for it and when I saw the name I was like- “Marmaduke? What’s that name suppose to mean? Cool…” Then I also saw in the commercial the two siblings fighting over what they should name him.
    “Marma!”
    “Duke!”
    “Marma!”
    “Duke!”

51. Lizzy

hey marmaduke i love great danes and I wish I could meet u in person your awesome!!!!!!And i cant wait for your movie im telling my mom about u right now and whats your fave movie and whats your fave chewy toy lol and i hope u have lots of fun with your movie and im 10 so bye and good luck and if u smell ham on the set dont go running off the set and getting it bad idea

52. SmileMonkey

Although Marmaduke is a kinda strange name, I think that this movie is going to be really funny. GO TEENAGE DOGS IN RADAR DISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. Ashley : ) (avatar super awesome movie)

I so want to see this movie i love the picture it looks funny cant wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54. Makenzie

I can’t wait until the movie comes out! I love the comics.
    I wish I’ll be home though when it does come out though.
    I’m going on vacation when it does come out so it stinks.

55. winterwonder9300

i love these comic strips. what part of the sunday paper were you talking about????

56. DoggyDive

Haha! That movie sounds really funny and cute. I love dogs, and I always wonder what they are thinking.

57. mintchocolatechip100

in the movie, are you just one dog or a couple different ones. I heard they do that because dogs don’t always cooperate. and do you like pie?

58. aquabubblz

Hey Marmaduke! Do you have any nicknames? Are you afraid of cats?
    I’ve never seen your comic strip before, but the movie looks cool.

59. Jules

I can’t wait to see Marmaduke! It’s gonna be real funny! Is it gonna be from his point of view? See you there on June 4.

60. Johnnie

Love Marmaduke… always enjoyed the little real-life stories added in the Sunday section. Had no idea a movie was coming out!

61. ICEDEMON96

How many dogs play Marmaduke in the movie?
    and what is the REAL name of the dog that plays Marmaduke?

62. rachelt

dear marmaduke,
    what is it like being a dog is it fun i would like to be a dog for a day would you like to be a humann
    rachel
    ps. write back soon please!!!!

63. bakers02

We don’t have a newspaper, so I don’t even know about marmaduke!! It looks boring, though.

64. beartiger10

Looks cool but this movie that is coming out next year (i think) looks better. Forgot wat itz called…..

65. 51dotfeg

I think that Great Danes are very nice and funny.
    Marmaduke is Really Funny!!
    I watched the movie and it was Hularious!
    LOL

66. Liz

Hi Marmaduke! I wish I could meet you in person! What is your favorite thing to do and do you like being a movie star?

67. stephanie

I love that sketch you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofunny!!!!!!!!!love yh!!!!!!!!!!!