May 10, 2010

Lisa Yee’s Chocolate Feast

Posted by at 8:02 am in Authors, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Lisa_yee Urggg!!! This morning I realized that I didn’t have everything I needed to write. Oh sure, I had my computer, and my notes, and my Peep (she’s the yellow plush bunny who’s my muse), but I was out of chocolate!!! So that meant everything had to stop until I could stock up.

Now, I know it may sound weird that an author needs chocolate to write, but it’s true! At least it is for me. Why? Because it fuels my ideas and creativity. Seriously. There's something in chocolate that makes people feel good. I know this is true. I looked it up. It's scientific.

2Okay, okay, okay . . . I also have to have chocolate because I love it. But it makes sense, doesn’t it. That if you’re happy (like after eating chocolate), you feel better . . . and if you feel better, then you are more creative . . . and if you are more creative, you can write a better book!

So it was off to the store to get my essential writing supplies. See’s Candies, my fave place for chocolates, was too far away, so I went to the grocery store. Hmmm . . . Milky Way? Love that caramel. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup? Totally yummy. In the end, I picked Hershey’s Kisses. Can’t go wrong with those!

Okay, then. It’s back to working on my book . . . right after I eat my chocolate!

What about all you  writers out there? What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're writing? Let me know in the Comments!

Lisa Yee, Author of Bobby vs. Girls (Accidentally)

1. rangersapprentice1478

I totally agree! When I write I always get everything I need before I start because when I get up and wonder in the kitchen for instance, I tend to loose my train of thought and then my story isn’t the same.

2. toriangel127

i always eat chocolate!!!! normally kit-kats. right now i’m writting a story called: vannessa marie in her own little world. so far theres like eight pages done and like fifty more to go!

3. Mary

I think that she is right! You do need chocalate to qwrite or else you will have a meltdown in the middle of whatever you are writing! Duh!!

4. Michaela

MMM…. that chocolate looks delicious! It makes me want some chocolate now. Geesh, you got me in the mood. I love hershes and peanut butter m&ms!

5. Kianna

Okay well out of all the different delicios types of chocolate i would have to hava a snickers with almonds, or rolos but where there is so many yummy chocolates you cant really decide between them but those would have to be the two top for me to eat while writing. If you think the original milky way is good you should try the new one with nothing but caramel in it..Delicious :)

6. dumbotron

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOCHOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. twiheart13

I luv to eat chocolate!!!! And The second best thing is to read about!
    Love ya People!! I love ya! even though I don’t know youo!!!! :) )0))))0 #)
    buhhh buhhh ( by bye) totaloo. Oravwar.( aka. french)

8. bumblebee10

The things that i like to snack on are (of course!)
    pretzals and ( I know that this is wierd but,) Nuttela! I like to spread it on top of the pretzals! This is weird because Nuttela is supposed to be used to spread on top of toast in the morning!

9. Heather S♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥Thats sounds cool that great loz ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

10. eatsleepREADandSWIM

I love to write a lot for homeowork and for fun (mostly poetry), so I usually have something really hot because it wakes me up and makes me alive and write better, like hot chocolate! PEACE LOVE AND WRITING!

11. yellowfuzz5

While I write my stories and what not, I usually indulge in some Mac n’ cheese just to keep my pencil moving.
    A nice Poutine works just as well but they can be really messy.
    When niether of those foods are available I’ll probably reach for a chocolate bar.
    Oh yeah, and ps: Please add me!

12. Justin Bieber fan

My first choice would be ALL OF IT!!!
    My second choice would be Just the Chocolate!
    Yea this is me!

13. fma3040

What I usually eat depends on the mood of that perticular character, like if the person is mad I’d eat something crunchy, but if they’re happy I usualy eat pocky. It always depends.

14. Little Miss Cowgirl

OMG!! I never knew that eatin chocolate is actully good for you! I’m so a choco-holic… and my parents say that there’s no use for choclate!! They are so wrong!! Wait till they hear this…

15. cutiesurfergirl

You NEED to talk with me! i <3 chocolate, and writing, so it all works our, right? As of now, i have been stuck in writing a book named, “Day of the Dragon”. I am up to like chapter 8 or 9. Do you think chocolate would help? (haha) or just some author information? PLEASE RESPOND ASAP TO MY PROFILE! Thanks!

16. PaprikaGirl123

I’ll snack on anything when I’m writing, but after a while it becomes mechanical and automatic and I don’t realize how much I’ve eaten til it’s all gone! =D

17. winterwonder9300

Hhhmmmm….. I love to drink coke while I’m writing( but, i always brush my teeth afterwards).My mom is a health fanatic.

18. NinjaJuice

I like eating ice cream occasionally! But food doesn’t really help me become creative, I like inspiring music to help me write my books! :)

19. kayao

Wow I wush I was there, that seems fun and that’s a lot of candy. My mouth is watering right now.

20. peace2horses10

Hi when I write I like to suck on things (sweet and sugary) or get a bag of extremely fire hot Cheetos… The sweet and sugary things I suck on give me lots of sugar so it gets my ideas working and nice and wild and the hot Cheetos are so hot they get real wild ideas, and speedy fast! But chocolate will also do!

21. easala

Wow!! Thats a lot of candy! I 9 and I am writing an art book. I am either going to call it Aneything Can Be Art or Ways to Become an Artist. While I am writing the book I eat chips, cheetos, cake, cookies,or other kinds of candy.

22. megan

i love choclate …i usually eat choclate on the week ends and like three times a week ……….I LOVE CHOCLATE!!!!!!

23. mercedes

I love candy . I’t is my favret. I eat it all the time . speaking of candy that is a lot of candy .

24. Lisa

I should probably add that I LOVE fresh fruit, too. I could probably eat an entire watermelon by myself!!!
    Lisa Yee

25. 5108vanillacookie

Of course, it varies all the time. I just get some feeling, right? So like, fruits one time and chocolate bars on the other. Maybe even crackers!

26. SmileMonkey

CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I see why you need it to write! All I need is a couple of pencils, paper and a bottle of water!

27. springwatermelon

I love eating marsh mellows, pickles, gummy worms, chocolate coins, chocolate chip cookies, and of course **********************PIZZA************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

28. kholoud24

my favorite writing source is twizzlers, gum, chocolate and anything sweet that i can get my hands on.

29. Mari

Nice i know sometimes i need or i crave for at least for some junk food or chocolate and sometimes i go insane and crasy!!!!!lol

30. Diva

I sometimes like to eat chips while i’m writing a story but i usally eat fruits i love fruits its my favorite thing to eat i alomlike to eat helthy.bye.

31. Brandon

I want to be a writer when I grow up and when I do start on a book my favorite Snack is lemonade and popcorn.

32. mirel207

I suck on something when I write. A sucking candy or a watermelon flavored lolypop! I I don’t have any left, chocolate suits me just fine!!! :-)

33. mirialin_moon_knight4789

Well, I normally just pour some marinara sauce into a bowl, or maybe make tortilla-noodles, or pasta. Whatever works.
    The Peep sounds interesting. I don’t have a personified Muse. My writing partner-in-crime and I call them “plot bunnies”, but song ideas are “plot jackolopes”, random ideas are “plot koalas”, and so on. Plot kangaroos are very rare.

34. Jayce

I like to eat popcorn while i write. P.S. I am actualy writing a childrens book. I am 12 years old and my parents think think the book is great so far. I hope to get it published. Goodbye.

35. Messe Jesse

OMG! I <3 chocolate too… but my second choice would have to be Cheetos! I actually just was writing part of my romance novel when I HAD to get a bag of Cheetos!

36. Demigodgirl

OMGS!!!!!I told my bffls it was science….they didnt believe me.My fav chocolate to eat whe im writing is lindt truffles.they are expensive but YUMMY!!!!
    BANANAZ FORVEVER!