April 12, 2010

Undiscovered Books

Posted by at 9:18 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_book Anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with books and I would be perfectly happy forever if I didn't have to do anything but read all day long. I have a feeling some of you are like me too, so today's Writing Prompt has to do with books.

You know how some books are super crazy popular even though they are sort of, um. . . how do I say this nicely? . . . not really good? And then some books are super awesomely amazing and it seems like nobody has ever heard of them! I think it is one of the great unsolved mysteries of bookdom. So my question to you today is —

What is the best book you have ever read that no one ever heard of? What is that incredulicious book that you think should be the most popular book in the world, but for some strange reason, it isn't?

Tell us your favorite undiscovered books in the Comments, and maybe we will all discover them and build a tidal wave of popularity around them here on the STACKS!

1. gymnast430

i love “the hunt for the seventh” by christine morton-shaw and “the secret order of the gumm street girls” by elise primavera

2. Joslyn.

My favorite book is not popular…at all! It is~ Molly Moon’s Incredible Book of Hypnotism by Georgia Byng.

3. Aly

My favorite book is part of the Belgariad series and it is called Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings.
    it’s really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don’t get why tons of people love Twilight.
    oh, I would recomend pawn of prophecy for boys and girls ages nine and up. The beginning is slightly boring (and you might want to skip the prolog the first time you read it) but the rest of the book is really good!!!!

4. haytink

My absolute favorite book and series that not many people have hurd of is the camp confidential series. its about girls that go to summer camp. there the same age as me so i can compare to them very well. Melissa J. Morgan is the best writer. Love you Melissa and love your books. i read this book and now i want to go to summer camp. me and my friend what to go to summer camp together now. hopfully it will be fun.:)
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

5. A

HARRY POTTER ROCKS THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD and my other favorites are every soul a star, harry potter, loser, mick harte was here, junie b. jones, harry potter, lunch money, frindle, a school story and harry potter

6. HarryP0tterFan

My fav book series that is popular is Harry Potter, but my favorites that aren’t as famous are the Dragon Slippers series and Every Soul A Star.

7. Jasmine

here r my fave books that my besties, and nobody else in the universe have heard of:
    My sister the vampire book series
    The Withes
    Double Fudge
    Dark Secrets
    Ruined
    These r my undiscovered books!!!

8. Lelia

trading faces all the way! they even have a sequel called take two! my second choice would be devon delaney should totally know better and my third choice would be my sister the vampire: switched. they’re all awesome not hard but not easy books.

9. Renee

Probably one of the best books that I have ever read that most people have never heard of is The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu. Here is a shout for all those Percy Jackson fans who love Greek mythology. The Shadow Thieves is the first book in the trioigy for the Cronus series, and you guessed it, it is all about the mythology…well not all about it, that would get very boring…

10. thumbelina08

A book series that not many people have heard of that I love is The Looking Glass Wars trilogy! It’s based on Alice in Wonderland, but it’s really different! It’s not for the younger crowd, though!

11. mirialin_moon_knight4789

I like this series by an author, Psydonyeum Bosch. Pretty sure I spelled that wrong.
    Anyways, he wrote this thing. The first book is The Name of This Book is Secret, then If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late, followed by This Book is Not Good for You. It follows the life of three/two kids , mainly the first one (Cassandra), as they become involved in a society trying to protect The Secret from the evil guys/antagonists: The Midnight Sun.
    It’s really kind of funny, but I finished the entire thing. Sadness.
    I wrote this at 6:07 AM ET! Yay!

12. Cal

I am like you Sonja, I think that they’re are definatly some great pooks people hsvn’t heard ofhe Charlie Bone Series by Jenny Nimmo is as good as other really popular awesome books such as Percy Jackson, 39 clues, and Harry Potter, but it doesn’t get much fans.

13. hizz421752

Well, I LOVE and I mean LOVE Percy Jackson and Harry Potter ( I have all the characters birthdays that I know written in my calender and stuff LOL)
    and I hate Twilight- BLEH anyway, and some books are Highway Cats, Found, Me and The Pumpkin Queen, and School Gyrls. I have lots more, too but I can’t name them all!

14. Priscilla

I have billions of favorite books but the best one i’ve ever read was a book called “Emmy and the incredible shrinking rat” best book ever please answer if you’ve read it.

15. PaperFlowers

Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins should seriously be WAY more popular than it is. I’ve been waiting for it to be made into a movie for about five years…so far no luck. :(
    Also, Alcatraz Vs. The Evil Librarians is hilarious in a sort of dumb way. So is the Pals In Peril series by M.T. Anderson. And the Gideon trilogy is AWESOME. And…well, I could go on all night. I LOVE undiscovered books. =D

16. Josephine

I am completely obsessed with Little Woman. This is a book that not many people have ever read yet they have heard of it. I also love Just Ella and Cassie Binegar.

17. Abby

My favorite not-that-well-known book is Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment. Granted, the characters have a few annoying tendencies, such as spontaneously developing powers and the CONVENIENT ability to tuck their wings perfectly into their clothing.
    Other than that, though, it’s great.

18. Jenna

Well even though it was a Caudell nominee not many people read it or know about it’s called Jermy Fink and the Meaning of Life. So much awesomer than it sounds. Secrets of my Hollywood life is good for the first 3 to 4 books but is terrible after that. I read this on book a while ago that i found in the corner of a bookshelf and was pretty awesome. it was called The Dessert War from what I remember. The Adventure of Edward Tulane is great yet sad (Not sure if it has the adventure part in it) Hmmm… what else? There is a easier kid one that’s pretty good called Fairy Realm that I used to read. OH! Poseur is awesome if your a girly-ish girl.
    Can’t think of much more right now.Try some out if you can.

19. megan

my favorite books were the twighlight seires…i love twighlight and i also love one other one but i forgot

20. andrew25

i love a book called the twenty-one balloons by william pene du bois its a real good book and people should read it.

21. Brook Smiley

Well my fav is Percy Jackson and the Olypains. LOL I think I spelt that wrong. Do you guys every talk about anything fun?? Well besides reading. I love reading!

22. WistfulThinking

The Beacon Street Girls series or BSG series is really good. Not many people have heard of them, but they deal with a lot of real-life problems kids experience.

23. gylfie97

i also like cirque du freak and howl’s moving castle and the unicorn chronicles and the last dragon chronicles and the mistmantle chronicles and lots more!!!!!!!