April 23, 2010

Amazing Oceans

Posted by at 3:23 pm in News | Permalink

Oceans_diver Lucky Scholastic Kid Reporter, Mariam El Hasan, went to the premiere of Oceans, a new documentary movie that opened for Earth Day and is an amazing look at how incredible Earth's oceans are. If you love whales, dolphins, seals and everything else that lives underwater, this is the movie for you!

But it's not just for future marine biologists. In her review, Mariam says, "Oceans is not a boring documentary with pretty pictures. It is an entertaining, interesting, and educational movie that will capture your imagination and is a feast for the eyes." To find out more about the movie, read the rest of her review.

Oceans_seals Not only did Mariam see the movie, she got to go the Blue Carpet premiere and actually got to talk to the real experts who helped make the film! (Yeah, normally it would be a Red Carpet, but they made it blue to match the "ocean" theme.) One of the oceanographers talked about how kids can help save the oceans. She even called kids "the most important citizens on the planet." To find out what experts and scientists want YOU to do to save the oceans, read about Mariam's experiences at the premiere.

So, how does it feel to be so important? I hope you will all go make a positive impact on the world like the awesome kids you are!

Small photo at top: A cameraman shoots footage of underwater creatures in their natural habitat for the movie Oceans. (Photo: 2009 – Galatee Films – Pathe Production – Notro Films – France 2 Cinema – France 3 Cinema – JMH/TSR. All Rights Reserved)

Photo of seals: In this scene from the movie Oceans, weddell seals swim in the waters of Terre Adelie Antarctic. (Photo: 2009 – Galatee Films – Pathe Production – Notro Films – France 2 Cinema – France 3 Cinema – JMH/TSR. All Rights Reserved)

1. kaileyrocksandhailey

i think that the animals in the sea are really cute and should be saved!and i really really want to see that movie!

2. sabrina

I LOVE SEALS AND ALL ANMERS ARE NICE IN MY OPION AND PEOPLE ARE MEAN TO ANMERS AND PEOPLE HEART SEALS AND THAT IS BAD AND SAD DONT HATE SEALT MY OPIAN LOVE SABRINA AND I LOVE SEALS….!!!!

3. alyssa

THOUSE PICZ ARE AWESOME I LOVE THE OCEAN TOTALLY A FISHY PERSON…….I ACTUALLY HAVE GILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! JK JK JK JK JK JK. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ……….. TTYL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. alyssa

Hi everyone ……….WHATZ UP ………YO YO YO YO YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can talk to me im board…………TILL NEXT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!

5. megan

i can’t wait to see
    ocaens………it is going to be a great movie and even better debie lavoto and joe jonas is in it.:)):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):):):) :) :):):):):):):):):):): ):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

6. kerri-kerri23

OMG Sonja you saw that movie i wanted to see it so badly. But you know how parents are it was eathier Disney world or see the movie. I bet it was like the best movie ever- u r so luky

7. R

This is such an amazing true article! i really love animals and the pics are amazing and our oceans are getting destroyed… and look at those pics! look at what we are destroying!:( the movie oceans looks REALLY good and im hoping i may be able to watch it.. and at the same time… they are donating money so geat job! PLEASE HELP OUR WORLD BEFRE 2012! ITS NEVER 2 LATE!

8. Flippers3257

I haven’t seen Oceans yet but I can’t wait to see it after this review!! Very well put. Keep writing!

9. Zookiedough

Your pic that you too is like so beautiful ur a real true photographer and also i have room 4 a friend on my account anyways see ya later i expect 2 see u on my friend list
    - Zookiedough

10. megan

i can’t wait to see oceans it looks like a great movie because you can learn from it and joe jonas is in it and also debie lavoto!!!! :) :) :) :):):):):):):):):):):)

11. stylinkat100

Hey everyone! I know Earth Day has passed, but that doesn’t mean we can’t stop loving and caring for it! So go plant a tree! Did you know how they breathe is completely different from ours? We take in oxygen, and give out carbon dioxide. Plants take IN carbon dioxide, and give OUT oxygen! So the more trees there are, the more air we have to breate!

12. ridingthedistantwave1

I LOVE THE OCEANS AND MY SCHOOL IS TAKING THE 6TH GRADE TO SEE THE MOVIE ON MONDAY!!!! SO EXCITED P.S. I LOVE THE ARCTIC

13. Bookie0139

It sounds REALLY good! I just hope the theater remembers to open on the 29th…that’s when me and my class go to see it!!

14. s.snape2000

Aww!I *REALLY* want to see this movie!I love earth and the animals on it.That is why I want to grow up and be a vetrinarian!And….for some odd reason……. move to Washington!(not D.C.)