April 20, 2010

New Camp Half-Blood Series

Posted by at 1:49 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick_riordan

Many of you already heard this rumor before, but now it’s officially official. I read it on Rick Riordan’s blog so you know it’s for real. Rick Riordan — author of Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The 39 Clues Book#1: The Maze of Bones — is writing a NEW Camp Half-Blood series with a whole new posse of demigods. The series will be called The Heroes of Olympus, and the title of Book #1 is. . . The Lost Hero.

Riordan reveals nothing on his blog about the series, no hints, no sneak peeks, not even the book cover, nothing except this little intro which only makes me more impatient for the book! (But it’s still better than nothing.)

“After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Here is the date you need to remember: October 12, 2010. That’s when the book comes out. I know it seems like a long time, but don’t forget we have another totally new Rick Riordan series The Kane Chronicles coming in May, so at least we will have something else really great to read while we’re waiting!

Rick Riordan photo © Rebecca Riordan

1. Zia

Now I have another item on the list of OMG! I’M GONNA DIE IF I DON’T GET THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Zia

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG NOW I AM ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT THERE IS A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!

3. rylee

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!! i loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympian’s series!! it was great! i cant wait!!!

4. riptideking

I’m a grown man that didn’t expect much of this series, especially after watching the horrible movie. I listened to all the books in a week and was disappointed when it ended. I’m more than excited that the series is “continuing”!! Way to go RICK!!!!

5. percyj99

I agree with Alyssa about the “keep the old characters”
    and with LILLIAN about Percy (especially in the movie)

6. percyj99

Oh my gods, THIS IS HUGE!!!
    Just last year I was obsessed with Harry Potter, then around Christmas, a friend told me about Percy Jackson, so I started reading it and I loved it, and then The Red Pyramid, and now this! It’s all too much! I THINK I’M GOING TO BLOW UP WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goodness, talk about a run-on sentence!
    PERCY <3

7. YOYO ANGEL DOG372

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Percy Jackson Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t get why Rick didn’t finish “The Kane Series” first?????????????????????? Well I’m still excited about the next half blood series. It’s going to rock baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [I put to much ! marks] How do you spell [!] ??????????????

8. YOYO ANGEL DOG372

OMG!!!!!!! I can’t believe he is making another series! I love the Percy Jackson Series! But I don’t get why he didn’t finish “The Kane Chronicles” first? But I’m still excited for the next half blood series. From the sound of it, it’s going to be awsome!!!!!!:]

9. DoubleHelix

OMG!! Can’t wait till it comes out in October.What I’m really wondering is who is the “Lost Hero?”

10. rachel

i can’t believe this its going to be so awesome i’ve read all the books. i knew the books couldn’t end so soon. this so just made my day. I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Sunshine_Girl_3231

Oh, wow, at first I thought this was about Harry Potter! Lol! But I’m kind of excited! I think I might read it if I can!

12. allong16

OMG! I love Rick Riordan. I have read all of the Percy Jackson books and I have just started reading The 39 CLues books. I am so excited to read the Heroes of Olympus series. I hope it is as good as the Percy Jackson series. I can’t wait!

13. Carson

I love Percy Jackson and I’m super excited… but it would be really cool if he could fit all the old characters in too even if they weren’t the main characters.

14. Percival

I love all the books Rick has written!(or reading)I heard the Lightning thief movie is coming out in 27 days!