April 20, 2010

New Camp Half-Blood Series

Posted by at 1:49 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick_riordan

Many of you already heard this rumor before, but now it’s officially official. I read it on Rick Riordan’s blog so you know it’s for real. Rick Riordan — author of Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The 39 Clues Book#1: The Maze of Bones — is writing a NEW Camp Half-Blood series with a whole new posse of demigods. The series will be called The Heroes of Olympus, and the title of Book #1 is. . . The Lost Hero.

Riordan reveals nothing on his blog about the series, no hints, no sneak peeks, not even the book cover, nothing except this little intro which only makes me more impatient for the book! (But it’s still better than nothing.)

“After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Here is the date you need to remember: October 12, 2010. That’s when the book comes out. I know it seems like a long time, but don’t forget we have another totally new Rick Riordan series The Kane Chronicles coming in May, so at least we will have something else really great to read while we’re waiting!

Rick Riordan photo © Rebecca Riordan

1. Emerald

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!
    I love the Percy Jackson series. And if some of the old characters are in here, I have a feeling Percy, Annabeth, Nico (I haven’t read the last book yet so i don’t know anything about Nico yet), and Grover will probally be in there for some reason. I have a feeling Grover will be in the councle for the elders thing, Percy gets a spot on Olympus and maybe Annabeth and maybe they get married. I know if they were to have kids theywould turn out normal mortals, maybe a little disstress, and would have a TRACE of Olymiann, or however you spell it, blood.

2. viperboy101

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A new Percy Jackson series??????????I AM A HUGE FAN OF PERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. swimygirl909

AWSOME!!!!!! I’M TRYING TO FIND THE LAST PERCY JACKSON BOOK!!! Now i’ll have another sieries to read (if i didn’t already have like 500 other books to read)!!!!:)

4. gokatniss

Wow! Talk about a prolific writer. I’ve read all the Percy Jackson books, and my friend’s started the Red Pyramid. Keep writing, Rick Riordan! (If you end up reading this.)

5. stacksreader

ive read all the books of percy jacksons books theres five inall and the demigod files a secret book that gives u interviews of all your favorite characters and pictures.

6. Twinyboo

I may need to borrow Annabeth’s cap to sneak into Rick’s office and steal the book! October won’t get here fast enough! LOL I’m jk.

7. Twinyboo

I’M SO EXCITED! I CAN’T WAIT TIL OCTOBER! I LOVE PJ AND 39 CLUES AND HARRY POTTER TOO! OMG THIS IS SO COOL!

8. Jules

OMG!!!!!! I absolutley LOVED the Percy Jackson series. Can’t wait to read these! When is it coming out??? Or did it alredy come out? C U ON THE stacks

9. Blonde Annabeth

i cant wait to have the book, Rick, you are one of the greatest writers, dont stop making books!!

10. Aaron (a.k.a. Ultimite Pecy Jackson fan)

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting my whole life for this!!!!!!(OK,after I finished the 5th a while ago.)I have read them all and have them all!!! YEAH!!!! RICK RIORDEN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. qwerfvtgb

AAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CANT WAIT!!!! I’M COUNTING DOWN, SAME AS FOR MOCKINGJAY!!!

12. april404

I heard the are making a guide book to the 39 clues and its called the black book to buried secrets and it is coming out in october!!!!!!!!! cant wait!!!

13. april404

Rick Riorden is awsome I love the Percy Jackson series and the 39 clues series!!!!!!!!
    P.S I heard they are making a 39 clues movie and it is coming out in 2011!!!!!!!!

14. april404

OMG i love the Percy Jackson series. No joke i read all 5 of the books in 1 week! I totally cant wait for the next series. but it is kind of sad that there is no more Percy and Annabeth in the books anymore. But we still have the heros of Olypus books to look forward to