April 20, 2010

New Camp Half-Blood Series

Posted by at 1:49 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick_riordan

Many of you already heard this rumor before, but now it’s officially official. I read it on Rick Riordan’s blog so you know it’s for real. Rick Riordan — author of Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The 39 Clues Book#1: The Maze of Bones — is writing a NEW Camp Half-Blood series with a whole new posse of demigods. The series will be called The Heroes of Olympus, and the title of Book #1 is. . . The Lost Hero.

Riordan reveals nothing on his blog about the series, no hints, no sneak peeks, not even the book cover, nothing except this little intro which only makes me more impatient for the book! (But it’s still better than nothing.)

“After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Here is the date you need to remember: October 12, 2010. That’s when the book comes out. I know it seems like a long time, but don’t forget we have another totally new Rick Riordan series The Kane Chronicles coming in May, so at least we will have something else really great to read while we’re waiting!

Rick Riordan photo © Rebecca Riordan

1. taija

this is the best and i would read this book for ever in my life time over and over again and i would tell people that i know about it and tell them to read it and i would also past it on from generation to generation so that they would read it over and over again and past it on to there kids so there kids can past it on to there kids so thta they can past it on to there kids and so that they can past it on to there kids and so on and that is why i think that this seris thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Valery

sooooooooooooooooooooo exited i read all the books in at least 3 days each i have all the books exept the third so exited for his new series

3. Annabeth C.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! IM LIKE JUMPING UP AND DOWN RIGHT NOW! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD IN M O N T H S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Annabeth C.

OMG! I CANT WAIT! THOSE BOOKS R MY FAVORITE OF ALL TIME! IM SOOO OBSESSED W/ THEM! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! im the BIGGEST fan! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! ive benn hoping 4 th@ 4 sooo long!

5. ilikepie14

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! SCREAM!!!!I LOVE PERCY! NOW THIS! SCORAGE! YES! WOO HOO! EXCLAMATION POINTS AND CAPITALS ARE ALL ILL USE YEAH!

6. REBA

THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES IS GREAT.I’VE READ THE TWILIGHT SERITES THATS GOOD TO.I CAN’T WAIT AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE RED PYRAMID SERIES.(ANOTHER BOOK FROM RICK RIODAN).:)

7. agent5

I heard that there will be a second Percy Jackson movie: Sea of Monsters. but it’ll be done in 2012or 2013…
    –;

8. Lilly777222

NO WAY! I COMPLETELY AND THOROUGHLY LOVED HE PERCY JACKSON BOOKS! I CRIED WHEN REALIZED I HAD FINISHED THE SERIES!

9. JJCookie

YAY!! I LOVE Percy Jackson! I have read all the books and I can’t wait to hear more about him! I’m SOOOOOO excited!

10. rachel

oh my gosh i love this series in fact i love tons of books like harry potter, twilight, percy jackson, the hunger games, the 39 clues, and so on!

11. uknownperson

i read the whole series and they are really good. hope Percy, Grover, Nico, and Anebeth. Hope the new books come out soon. The Fifth book has a really good “kind of” cliff hanger ending!

12. Emily45637

I am reading the Percy Jackson seris and LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it the only thing i can do is just read read read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope for anyone who wants to read it you really SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Cupcake_Kitty

Really? I knew there would be a new series and that it came out in May–but any of that! I am a HUGE Percy fanatic!