April 20, 2010

New Camp Half-Blood Series

Posted by at 1:49 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick_riordan

Many of you already heard this rumor before, but now it’s officially official. I read it on Rick Riordan’s blog so you know it’s for real. Rick Riordan — author of Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The 39 Clues Book#1: The Maze of Bones — is writing a NEW Camp Half-Blood series with a whole new posse of demigods. The series will be called The Heroes of Olympus, and the title of Book #1 is. . . The Lost Hero.

Riordan reveals nothing on his blog about the series, no hints, no sneak peeks, not even the book cover, nothing except this little intro which only makes me more impatient for the book! (But it’s still better than nothing.)

“After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Here is the date you need to remember: October 12, 2010. That’s when the book comes out. I know it seems like a long time, but don’t forget we have another totally new Rick Riordan series The Kane Chronicles coming in May, so at least we will have something else really great to read while we’re waiting!

Rick Riordan photo © Rebecca Riordan

1. blake

i am on the last book and ready for the red pyrimed. but need to buy them both. not going to finish the last book in time

2. JellyTelly

That is totally awesometastic! I’ve read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series twice and loved it! I’ll be eagerly waiting for The Heroes of Olympus!

3. Amber

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE BIGGEST PJO FAN IN TEXAS(AND MAYBE THE WHOLE USA)ME AND MY BEST FRIEND WERE ALREADY COMING UP WITH AN ANSWER TO RACHEL’S PROPHECY!!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME PJO ROX 4EVER!!!!!!!

4. amanda

i can’t wait. me and my mom LOVED the percy jackson series, and we were literaly screaming when we found out!!! it is going to ROCK!!!!! i can’t wait. :) !!!

5. purple-owl

OMG!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!
    I’M DREAMING!!!! :) :) :)
    And tell Rick Riordan to make it be from a girl’s point of view this time! ANNABETH ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Bookie0139

Oh my gosh! I have a friend who is CRAZY for Percy Jackson!! She’ll be soo happy to know this!!
    RICK RIORDAN ROCKS!

7. smileybeachgal101

OMQ!!!! i luvvv the series ca’t wait to read them! i bet the new series will be awesome!! coool!

8. Reagan

I already have the whole first series of percy jackson and the olympians and cant wait for the new series!

9. i-LOVE-soccer98

I am a HUGE fan of Rick Riordan’s books, and when I heard about the new half-blood series, I jumped probably 6 feet in the air. I can’t help but SCREAM how happy I am!!!!!!!

10. Alyssa

I don’t know about it. I feel kind of like i don’t know atttached to Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. I don’t think that it would be awesome to have new charcters. Maybe he should just… add new characters but keep the old ones also.

11. Arlo285

A NEW CAMP HALFBLOOD SERIES! AWESOME! WAS SO SAD WHEN THE LAST BOOK IN THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES CAME OUT, BUT NOW THERE IS A WHOLE NEW SERIES WHICH HAS OT BE JUST AS AWESOME! YAY!

12. Bethanyisthebest

OMG!!!! Is you serious!!
    *scream* I can’t wait! I finished all the Percy Jackson series and now this! *scream**doublescream*
    I am so excited!

13. mirialin_moon_knight4789

I already heard about this on his blog, and it’s really frustrating that he won’t tell us anything, but his sons, his wife, and his former editor all love it! (I say “former” because she’s leaving, but she’s getting promoted, I think. Yay!)
    Rick Riordan is the most awesome author ever! (In my opinion, Jude Watson is next [even though I'm still holding a grudge against her for "In Too Deep"], then Patrick Carman.)