April 20, 2010

New Camp Half-Blood Series

Posted by at 1:49 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick_riordan

Many of you already heard this rumor before, but now it’s officially official. I read it on Rick Riordan’s blog so you know it’s for real. Rick Riordan — author of Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The 39 Clues Book#1: The Maze of Bones — is writing a NEW Camp Half-Blood series with a whole new posse of demigods. The series will be called The Heroes of Olympus, and the title of Book #1 is. . . The Lost Hero.

Riordan reveals nothing on his blog about the series, no hints, no sneak peeks, not even the book cover, nothing except this little intro which only makes me more impatient for the book! (But it’s still better than nothing.)

“After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Here is the date you need to remember: October 12, 2010. That’s when the book comes out. I know it seems like a long time, but don’t forget we have another totally new Rick Riordan series The Kane Chronicles coming in May, so at least we will have something else really great to read while we’re waiting!

Rick Riordan photo © Rebecca Riordan

1. snorckato

Finished the series and love the 1st book of the 39 clues. the new serieswil be off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. y21

I’ve read the first one and goin to get the next one. it’s one awesome series and i hope to get the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought harry potter was good but that series was blown away by percy jackson.

3. gylfie97

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT’S ALL I CAN SAY IS YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!I’M LITERALLY BOUNCING UP AND DOWN IN MY SEAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I’M USING WAY TOO MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Kaitlyn

OMG this sounds so cool! I am up to the third Percy Jackson book, I just started the series in.. i think february? I don’t know but I needed a new series since I finished all the twilight books :D (accept for breaking dawn)

5. GNOletsgo1

I KNEW THAT! YAHOO! I PER-ORDERED THE RED PYRAMID, SO I’LL MAKE IT UNTIL OCTOBER! ALSO ON OCT. 12 IS THE LIGHTNING THIEF GRAPHIC NOVEL! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

6. Sydney

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Crystal

I CAN’T WAIT! :D I’ve already preordered “The Red Pyramid”, and now I’m even more excited for October! Yes! *fistpump*

8. SummerWriter

I can’t beleive he’s writing another book. I love The Percy Jackson series, Im not jokeing I read 4 out of five of the books in one week. All I have to do now is buy the last book!

9. s.snape2000

YAYAYAYAY!I ABSOLUTLY LOOOOOOVED THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES!AND NOW THIS!Only another thing to be obsessed about!