April 9, 2010

Miley Cyrus’ New Era

Posted by at 7:31 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Miley_last_song Ok I admit it. My cell ringtone is “Party in the USA.” Sure, it may draw a few stares (especially when I’m on a crowded bus and I can’t find my cell phone in my purse fast enough), BUT. . . it sort-of makes me want to dance every time I get a phone call. Anybody know what I mean? And who is behind my 10 seconds of happiness every time I get a phone call? Only one of the biggest names in entertainment these days – Miley Cyrus.

It looks like we’ll be hearing a lot more from her, even though her mega-hit TV show Hannah Montana is ending. We’ve got the scoop from her latest press conference, where she dished on her new movie, the melodramatic The Last Song (rated PG), and the conclusion of Hannah Montana.

Q: The character in The Last Song is a change for your career, especially with Hannah Montana ending now. How do you feel about that progression?

Miley: Right now on Disney, we’re finishing up Season 4 [of Hannah Montana]. As a new chapter is beginning, one that has been my life for the last five years is ending. It’s interesting to be leaving my security blanket behind. But it’s also exciting to get involved more with this movie. It makes me want to just continue to work and do more films.
Hannah Montana needed a complete ending for Season 3, and our show deserves that, too. With it being such a huge, big deal in so many kids’ lives they don’t want to see reruns forever. They want a really respectful ending. It really deserves that. It’s been such an amazing journey. It definitely had a beginning, and it needs an end.

Q: Do you think you’d do another Hannah Montana film?

Miley: No. The Hannah wig is out as soon as we finish that last episode. One will be in a museum and one will be burned or something. I can’t put it on again. It’s just too much.

Q: Making this transition to more adult roles now, do you have to be really careful with your choices?
Miley:
I’ve gone these last five years with everyone telling me what to do. Now, it’s up to me and what I think is right in my career, so I’m just going in my own direction. I have to be careful, in a sense, to not lose who I am or the Miley Cyrus factor. I want to continue to do what I love, but also give myself new challenges and not just be the same person, over and over.

[Ratha: Hmm…what kind of movies do you think Miley should make? Should she be in an action flick like the girl version of Transformers? Or a sci-fi movie where she kicks aliens' butts? Let us know in the Comments!]

Miley_large Q: How did you keep from making your performance in The Last Song too melodramatic?

Miley: Julie Ann [the director] helped me with that the most. Because this was my first film, the first thing I did, when I saw a sad scene was think, “Oh, my character would cry.” And, she was like, “No, the whole end of the film can’t just be crying. There has to be some type of dimension to it.” You have to go deeper than that and realize what it’s going to be like, when you are watching an hour and a half film. You don’t just want to see one type of emotion. That was the biggest thing that I learned.

Q: Why did you decide to stop posting on Twitter?

Miley: I was just tired of telling everyone what I’m doing. I hate when I read things and celebrities are complaining, “I have no personal life!” I’m like, “Well, that’s because you write about everything that you’re doing.” I was that person that’s like, “I’m so sad. I have no real, normal life. Everyone knows what I’m doing.” But, that was my fault because I was telling everyone. I would Tweet, “I’m here,” and then wonder why a thousand fans were outside of the restaurant.

Q: How is life for you post-Tweet now?

Miley: I’m on my phone a lot less. I’m a little bit more social. I have a lot more real friends, not just friends that I’m talking to on the Internet. That’s not cool, not safe, not fun and most likely not real. Everything is just better when you’re not so wrapped up in that.

[Ratha: It's true. They say real life is better than a cyber-life!]

Miley: I just think it’s lame. I feel like I hang out with my friends and they’re so busy taking pictures of what they’re doing to put on Facebook that they’re not really enjoying what they’re doing. You’re going to look back and have 10 million pictures, but not be in one of them because you weren’t having fun. You were too busy clicking away. You have to just enjoy the moment you’re in for yourself and stop telling people about it.

Q: Do you know that you sound like someone’s mom by saying that?

Miley: Yeah, I do!

Q: What’s coming up for you with your music?

Miley: Right now, I’m just finishing up my record, which will come out towards the end of the summer. I’m really excited about that. This film was the test for me, to decide what I really wanted to do, and I love making movies. That’s what I want to pursue. It’s not that I don’t love music. I love music. But, I feel like I just need to get away from that for a little while. It’s my security blanket and I don’t want to always fall back on that.

Q: What style is your new album?

Miley: It’s kind of like The Killers. That’s my favorite band.

Q: Do you have your next movie project lined up?

Miley: I do, but I can’t say. I’m zipped tight.

Hmmm, but with a little help from my old friend the Internet, I found out that Miley might be starring in a remake of the 1985 movie Girls Just Wanna Have Fun due out in 2011. I do enjoy her cover of Cyndi Lauper’s song of the same name. Perhaps I hear a future ringtone calling me. . .
Leave a Comment below, and let us what you think of Miley’s new direction!

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

Interview by Gerri Miller
Photo courtesy of Touchstone Pictures

1. dalten

hi miley i want to be on your show insted of being in side every day i wache your show every time i can get are you going to quit disney chanel whaen you are 17 well can i come on your show and i am the only prsone on my block that does not have a phone.

2. Natalie

Dear Miley,
    I think that you should go back and look at the past of your life. See how many people you made happy, but now that you have stopped no one is hardly a fan of Hannah Montana. Change your ways and bring her back. Maybe the fans that you lost will come back (even me maybe). I still like you but, I don’t really really like you. Just think about what you do before you do it (Think a lot!!!).
    Thanks,
    Natalie

3. h411

omg im a miley fan!!! I love party in the usa. But thats not my ringtone. Miley is a very great singer and if she reads her comments I think she should know that too!!

4. wonderabs

I’m not really liking Miley right now. She doesn’t know when to stop talking about everything. But That’s just me, so don’t get mad about peoples openions PLEASE!

5. Maria

I’m not a big fan of miley cyrus,i’m the biggest fan of selena gomez.She is much better than miley and Demi Lavato is good too.I love her too.

6. Noelle

I saw The Last Song with my dad and I am about to read the book and the movie was great. Sad at the end though. I can’t wait for the book to be handed to me.

7. ClaireCutie98

I think Miley is a great actress! She is having her last season witch cinda” stinksy! But when she goes to movies i bet she’ll win a lot of awards!

8. kyleb

I used to like her. I looked up to her but now I don’t. She has totally changed her image and I feel bad for her. She has let a lot of people down a lot of young people and now with her gone who are our little ones going to look up to. I don’t think it is right to make mistakes even though yuo know it will effect billions of people sounds self centered to me!!! What do you think and you should let me be your friend I’m new on this website aand need some friends. Any volentters

9. Comment 25

I think Miley Cyrus should follow what she thinks. Not from fans like me! It’s just sad that my favorite actor 85 episodes and 2 movies out is not going to be acting and singing is done. ,.
    ^

10. ihasaflyingturkey

New Era of what? lets think at the one awart thing she did a little dance lets say!!!!!!!!

11. carrie

miley needs to do so more growing up before she comes back to tv she is teaching kids the wrong thing.but is a little insperation to little ones who want to be a singer

12. Abby

Miley you’re so cool and i loved your show but was happy for you when it (ended) because it’s been your whole life for five straight years and it would be a good and fresh new start for your whole life! Life’s just beginning for you now. Have fun!

13. cavyheart

I think it’s cool that Miley’s branching out from Disney Channel, finally — though some of her actions lately have been making me doubt the decision.
    DC’s just a stepping stone on the way to being a really great actress or singer in Hollywood. I’m proud of her for having the nerve to go and pursue a life there, instead of just disappearing off the face of the planet after a few years in a sitcom.
    Good luck, Miles. Your fans back you up one hundred percent. :)

14. Clarissa

that was a real shocker to hear her saying that but im so excited about what shes doing in the future!

15. lickerish lollipop

i luv ur music and i am a huge fan!i went to ur consert in october, (the consert was in texas) it was amazing!but i was so shocked when u told disney channel u wer leaving. why did u have 2 leave?i will miss u! luv ya!

16. lalaw2000

miley is not trying to be like zack she is just growing up and reavn thougt dinseny was babyish so does miley and they both want to be on mtv but i don’t think that miley as mtv kind of stuff

17. lalaw2000

i love the song patry in the usa she has a new song but don’t watch the video but the song is great it is called can’t be tammed

18. 51dotfeg

Hey Miley It is me 51dotfeg and I wanted to talk to you here.
    If you get these message then respond plz.
    My friends that are 7 years old and 3 years old are your biggest fan. When you walk into their rooms if feels like we are right beside you.
    They have all ur Hannah Montanna and Miley Cyrus Cds. Theh have found almost of all the posters in the whole world!!
    So Miley go ahead and hurt yr fans feelings and maybe some of them will forget about you or if you stay then everyone will be happier!
    Just think about it!!
    Bye!!!!!

19. daphadel

hi i like your movie i love to sing so i like your song the climb post me a comment back next friday bye.

20. Lucya

Miley Cyrus
    your movie was awsome i loved the egg you made it the movie and then had that boy come for you thats so nice
    from you biggest fan
    Lucya

21. ArianaL

This movie made me cry soo… much! I loved it though! They did a fabulous job! Good job Miley!

22. Tara O.

i love you and your songs! Miley your awesome!Please write back,
    Tara
    and so i put my hands up just singing my song! i love you!

23. i wont tell anyone my name

i think that miley should be in a sci fi movie where she is ninja girl defending the earth from aliens

24. shortcourt360

I think it is cool she is doing a remake of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.It sounds interesting.My friends and i want something big and beautiful from her since she ain’t doing tv shows anymore.It would also be cool if she did an animated show!

25. brenda b

i love you very much. My mom buys your movies .And i love your they are cool i love they very much.I love you miley you rock.

26. grace w.

milly i love your show.
    my grandma house
    i watch al the time.
    i am grace w.
    i am 8. my dream has
    always bin to go to one
    ov your cotsert.
    love,
    grace.

27. liz

I think Miley should rethink this. What if nobody hires her? Plus she is letting a bunch of kids down! (including me) :(

28. DoggyDive

I can’t belive how much Miley has grown up. She’s had a few bumps in the road with the paparazzi, but I think she is really starting to machure.

29. Jasmine

Mley is so nice i think she could be on any movie i think it would be weird for me to watch her on any other movies because im so used to seeing her on hannah montanna the tv show but after a while ill get used to seeing her on a different show

30. ridingthedistantwave1

IDONT LIKE MILEY CYRUS AT ALL!!! I WISH SHE WOULD JUST QUIT ACTING BECAUSE SHE CAN’T ACT OR SING!!! MY OPINIONS DIDN’T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYBODY…..

31. mouseymouse1901

thats really dumb the only thing shes good at is singing and hannah montana the show.all she wants is to get out disney and start a new career and i didn’t like the last song i thought the movie was stupid.

32. sarah z

one thing why are burning your wig and I think u are ging to burn your hannah montana close i love u miley i will just call u mileyin sted of hannah montana.

33. sarah z

I wish I could meet u I watch hannah montana your singing is butaful I love your show I watch m on tv I have seen your on tv to I love your hair it is so butaful I love your house it butaful to I love your hannah montana close there so so so so so butaful to I love everything that u got I love your wig to I know what your dady looks like he has a berd and mastash he has a hat to my name is sarah plase wright me back.

34. zumascooby10

i used to like her but now nope she is turning into all the other girls like linzy lohan or what ever her name is just wish this would stop happening to all these stars :(

35. sarahz

I heard some people bein mean but why do u have to quit it stinks when u quit and I heard u were going to burn your wig u dont have to quit but u are the best one ever do know that alot of people like your songs do u evening know that alot of people like your shows do u know that to every body mad now becouse u quit I don’t want u to quit anywas I wish u did’t quit it stinks when u quit but one thing why do u have to quit every body is mad now in my familiy becouse u quit

36. sarahz

ha miley I love your show u are the best singer in the world but I don’t gatit how u are not hannah montana anymore

37. caitlin

Miley i absoulutly love your new movie THE LAST SONG!!!! you did a great job! you and Liam both did! i love all your episodes in disney they are all great!

38. Sanulu

I think its a great for her to do a great movie. My friends saw it and they said it was a great movie. They said she did a realy good job in that movie. I guess she is not that bad.

39. Sanulu

I used to love Miley Cyrus, but its like I dont even know her anymore. She always tells her fans that shes going to stop Hannah Montana last year, but she didnt. I think she should continue. Its not that I like her, but shes giving a hard time for her fans. If u ask me I think what shes doing to her fans and her is rude. Sorry Miley if I hurt ur fellings.

40. megan

yah that is probibly what she is doing but i think she likes playing hannah montana but she wants to do bigger movies also like she didin the last song :) :):):):):):):):):)

41. sct345

i love the movie the last song it’s was the sadest movie i ever saw. i was crying her dad died in the end.

42. dedes

miley i think your goin n a gud direction and thats right stop letin people tell you wat to do cuz u a grown lady and you can do wat eva u want take it from me gone head with yo bad self

43. hey its tae

i think you should stay on disney channnel cause in hollywoood everyone gonna attack every litttle thing you do so just stay where you at!

44. Dawn16

Hey miley! I’m not ur #1 fan but i am looking forward to seeing what you’ll be working on in the future! I’ll definetly see them and good luck for the future! :)

45. M.K.

Okay, I don’t want to sit here and write something criticizing about Miley, but she had made a lot of descisons lately that, in my personal opinion, have caused a lot of girls that used to look up to her now question her actions. If they don’t question it and just keep on loving her, then sadly they are doing and appreciating things that they shouldn’t even know about, especially the younger fans. Party in the U.S.A. music video was very inappropriate and shocking to fans who compare the music video to past videos such as Best of Both Worlds, which is very clean and she is covering herself up. I was disappointed in her magazine picture. I know that she apologized for it but I lost a lot of respect for her that day. Overall, I am disappointed in her career and the way it has turned out, but I respect her desision to leave the show and try to make her life a little better. Miley, if you happen to be reading this, I will always watch reruns of Hannah Montana and most likely show my kids a tape one day, but I never thought you would end up this way.
    -A Disappointed 1/2 Fan

46. Kenzie

sometimes i wonder why people like to make fun of miley i think she does have a great personalily and a realy good actress. I think that miley should be in more movies cause the last song was the best movie ever!!!!

47. laura

well i get it miley is an amasing girl and i dont want hannah montana to end my little sister loves her and wants her to stay and her music is inspiring

48. minicookie43

I love Miley!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why did she quit her show i agree with snztt.
    she might want to start doing action movies, my brother says she should do sci-fi.
    I will miss the show Hannah Montana.

49. pippy12

you are the most preetyiest person in the world i hope you can help become like you some day and i think you imspire me you also do so much for kids who have probles and your dad is a great dad ever i hope you love him jk i know you love him i hope you have fun in lfe and exsplore your life in every why you can

50. miranda m

this is for you miley hey miley i think miley is the best girl in the movie the last song it is a good movie for her to be in i mean who would not like to see her in a movie i mean i will miss her show hannah montana but i think she will be good in movies wow she was good in the last song omg you should see it .

51. Ealf8

Hey miley i wished u would stay on Hannah that show is awesome! But i know that whatever else u do you’ll be good at it!

52. Sidney

Me and my friend dee were reading your blog and we thought it was pretty cool! but , we did think you sou7dnded like a up tight mom!
    Sidney. :D

53. Krystal

I just loove miley she is like the best singer/ actor ever. I will go to all of her concerts that i can. All the people say that she is inappropriot, but no she is my idol, i look up to her and start up the mc club i would just die if i met her!! ;)

54. krissy

Miley should be thanking Disney Channel for all they’ve done and saying that she will see them soon.They helped her when the bad picture of her came, but didn’t thank them I USED to look up to her but now all parents are heading toward Selena Gomez and so am I!!

55. dee

Me and my friend Sidney were reading your blog. While we were read it we also discussed it. We both think your pretty cool and we get what like how you feel. I’m not saying anything but just kinda watch what your writing. Your fans could get the wrong idea.
    LOVE,
    DEE:D

56. Kailey

I’m such a big fan of the show.(Hannah Montana) i think it is sad for me to see the show go away because when i always get home from school i turnthe TV on and do my homework!

57. MEGAN

i love miley cyrus and she is a great singer…………..
    has anyone seen miley cyrus in person becuase i would be really jelous……………and i think my friend evn seen her becuase she (my friend) has cancer:( :) :(:):(:):(

58. Jessica

If you knew that you would have to do this sometime, why did you even start to think about being Hannah Montana?????
    I’d like you to explain that…

59. ninijagirl

hey umh….well we dnt tell u wat to do onlyu can and it is all up to u dntlisten to us just follow ur heart and dnt stop work at itjust like rhiannas song dnt stop the music the music i ur career and if u stop it then oh well

60. Elana

I think Miley answered those questions very intelligently…..
    as we all know that the Paparazzi have been giving her a really bad rap…
    i have never been i huge like over the top hannah montana fan myself but i think that miley is trying to grow out of the hannah montana stage to become a more sophisticated young woman and we should give her props for that but i still believe that she has to remember that she still has a lot of young fans, that are hannah montana fans, i dont realize that miley cryus is much different now and that she has more “grown up” songs and performances so she has to make that transitions a little less dramatic and ease in to her her more mature self so that she doesnt leave people lost but i think she has been trying hard and that she should be credited for that

61. Keelie

I understand that miley don’t want a twitter.it’s just that it seems lame to tell the whole world where ur going and when u go somewhere ur fans r all outside.oh and miley r u doin another season og hannah montana.i also loved the last song that movie was awesome and it was really sad.it almost made me cry

62. Threedozen

MIley you are a great person but…. the time me and my sister went to meet you at one of your rehesals at my dads work and you not showing up broke our hearts and it was just because you wanted to sleep in and your proformance showed. but we still love you more than ever!!! ILY

63. car12345678910

I think miley is trying to be older than she is!!!! Don’t be mad at me miley, It’s true!!!!
    Sorry but, Well it’s true!!!

64. Lexi

I think Miley is doing the right thing by moving on. I think that she really doesn’t get to show her real personality. i’ve seen the Last Song and i almost cried. because she is a great actress and she really touched me.

65. iluvblu

Miley Cyrus was never my fave singer personally in my opinion i don’t think that she’s a great singer at all but some of her songs r ok they’re catchy and fun 2 listen 2 and sometimes they make great dance songs but she’s sooo much better at acting than at singing (in my opinion) but sometimes her acting can b corny but it’s better than some of the big actors and actresses but I’m kinda sad 2 hear that hm (the show) is ending cuz it was funny and entertaining
    But in all I’m not a Miley fan and I dislike her singing I just like her show and acting (sometimes) and I think the idea of a double is dumb I mean it just doesn’t make sense but I kinda like Miley and I think that Hannah Montana is pointless but I’m totally with Miley 4 getting rid of the wig

66. popping fireprize

I love the show Hannah Montana! he only thing about her is that she has done some bad stuff throughout her life.

67. gishp

I WILL MISS YOU SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68. kate

is it true that there is no more is no more hannah montana shows. I saw on t.v and heard that you were starting a new season in the summer

69. mrs_so_fly

I disagree with you Jeny (comment #1) shes not dramatic at all and i mean thats her job to act and be dramatic. People make mistakes.
    peace and be breezy

70. mrs_so_fly

i totally agree with miley/hannah thats nothing to be ashamed of i mean she sung the song and she likes it i mean who wouldnt and my thing is if u dnt lyk it dont listen but yeah thats nothing to be ashamed of

71. xoxo137

I luv u! Haters r just jealous! :) I love ur show ur music! YES, u can sing! Ur voice is unique n i luv it! like my funky laff! hehe

72. dancingprincessk2000

Nice I would love to see your new movie I do under stand why you would stop Hanannah Montana and stopped texting on tweeter. I’m the famous girl in class this year it is like having no pusenle time and I get no breaks at all. And am only 9 years old and is in third Grade life is gust to short.

73. Brianna

Hi it’s ur #1 fan i’am not crazy about u but i like u as a friend ei like ur songs and style but ur show i do not want it to end i live in pa thats all i’ll say my name is Brianna i’am 9 i awalys wanted to meet u it would be soooooooo awesome miley i hope this is real chat with u cause if it is not i would be disappointed.

74. girlsruletheworld

Wow, I’m starting to respect Miley alot more. I think she’s doing the right thing. I was a little disgusted that she did some of the stuff she did when she knew she was a role model to alot of little kids, but I think shes gonna be alot happier moving away from kids roles and having more freedom, I mean think about it, if she did the last song, which is a really sad movie not all little girls are gonna wanna go see it, if next she dose some PG-13 movies little girls aren’t always gonna be able to follow her into those. But I have a feeling the little girls will be happy watching the hannah montana episodes over and over again! And Miley will be able to do more of what she wants. That’s great and I think what she’s doing is the right way to do it.

75. Hiba

Mi sounds sick and tired of Hannah! Hannah was a revolution once, but new, mature rules are more like the new Miley! Rock On Miley
    ~ Peace Out

76. Lilac

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont watch disney channel but its annoying when im flipping through the guide and theres another repeat of Hannah Montanna on!!!But soon it will be over. Miley has made big mistakes over her time. most people dont think about that your only gonna be a kid once,your only gonna be a teenager once then you grow up and you eventully fade away into what used to be the rest of your life…

77. WildGirl57

I like u im just not a fan of hannah montanna i think The Last Song will be berfect . i think that u will be great once you start doing mor mature thing The Last Song is just PERFECT!!!

78. moonshmarsh

I used to like Miley Cyrus when she was young and innocent. Lately, though, she’s not been making good choices and being a bad role model. But I gotta admit that Hannah Montana was a good show while it lasted.

79. Peacegrlz101

GR8 jod Miley!!!! I luvd the shows and I am sad 2 c it go but I understand why 2. I get why ur not on twitter anymore 2. I think it’s a good idea 2 quit 4 a while!

80. fuzzyball35

This is annoying. Miley Cyrus is 17, not 60. I doubt she is ending HM yet. I don’t think she would be right for dramas.
    ~fuzzyball35~

81. 100PLUSMINT

I saw The Last Song with my dad and we were both crying our eyes out at the end! SPOLIER ALERT
    Her dad dies from lung cancer and he just died in the chair. His cup of water spilled and Miley’s character started crying. I can’t wait for Hannah Montana Season 4 to come out. I heard it’s gonna be called Hannah Montana Forever!!! Miley Cyrus is awesome! I still love Selena Gomez and Demi Lovoto but Miley is still cool. I can’t wait to see all the movies she is going to be in!
    XOXOXO,
    100PLUSMINT (YOUR BIGGEST FAN)

82. spring frogs

Miley please,please,please don’t stop being Hannah Montana!!!!!!!!I love the show SOOOOOO much it’s totally awesome!!I love you and your songs too!!(especially party in the U.S.A and girls just wanna have fun!)

83. PeaceLoveHappinnessBelieveNatalie100

Miley Cyrus is the best. And I agree with her about the Hannah Wig!
    ROCK ON MILEY!

84. AnakinSkywalker2

Ever since Miley stated that she will be going to the “big leagues”, meaning out of Disney and into something else bigger, I’ve been wondering what she’ll look like to us kids in the future.

85. GreyhoundRunner12

You rock Miley!!! I think you should do a action flick
    because you have been a aweasome actress on Hannah Montana. (the show) Or you can to both its your option.
    xoxo,
    GreyhoundRunner12

86. soccergirl22

Hey Miley I have a queastion for you. Ready here it comes. Do you think you are ready to end your carear?

87. Molly Love

Miley should really stay Miley becuase Hahnah is boring anyways. Her hair: REALLY STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!! I’m glad she’s throwing away her Hahnhah wig. I AM SO SO SO SO GLAD THE WIG IS GOING AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Molly Love

88. iluvdavidcook

Miley Cyrus is definitely NOT one of my favourite celebs, but I really like what she said up there about enjoying the moment for yourself, and not obsessing over taking millions of pictures. I think it’s almost deep, lol.
    And I like the shirt she’s wearing in the picture. =)

89. holy

OMG you are so good you get me i my heart for our last spring program i sang the climb and tryed a solo well i have been to your concert before loved it i hope i can meet you one day you are one of my best insperations i love you i am going to see the last song soon if you get this will you comment back please loveya

90. luckylime85

this was a really cool article. i saw last song and it was really good.she could definitly make a carreer in acting.

91. miki

heyy i miki and im i grade 6 in Australia :) i love your book o have now read it like 10 times lol i love you!!!! lol 8-)

92. Rishy

Awww. Miley! Why are you quitting Hannah Montana?! It is the BEST show on the planet!!!!! Oh well. WE STILL LOVE YOU, MILEY!!!! XXX

93. maria

hi miley i loke your songs and i think my frind looks just like you no kidding she smiles like you i mean wow

94. aajaa88

when i was in second grade,i did not like you at all. but now i like you a little(o.k.,a lot). now since you’re leaving, i wish i started liking you before. and also,after third question,ratha told us to write a comment.I think you should do a mystery movie.

95. ReaderMinder101

i really think you should continue hannah montana.. because your fanz are like wanting more they don’t want you to quit and your the one who said hannah is a big part of your life!!!

96. Cinthia

I use to like Miley Cyrus but she is just no ready for the celebrity life. I mean like some of her songs were probably not composed by her. She just wants popularity!

97. gigglygrl

I love what Miley said in this interview. Truthfully, I used ot think of her as fake, but in this interview it really opened my eyes to how important her life and career is to her. I love her even more now! :)

98. snztt

i think miley is just trying to get off the show and start making real movies zack efrone did it she thinks why cant i

99. PSEpanda

i’m a big fan you’re a great singer. i love kicking and screaming and party in the usa. i wish i could meet you like my friend did. wish you had more seasons in the show i can’t wait until this summer to see the new season. say hey to all of the cast for me please write back!

100. SWSD12904

I’m not Miley Cyrus fan, and I definitly think she can act, but not sing. I’m glad she is doing more mature things, and the Last Song looks like a good movie! Disney is really holding it’s stars back. I can’t wait for her mature new career.

101. unogirl65

Ilove you and you showiremeber walking around the house singingand matching every pitch of your song lol my mom would laff every time i sangone of you songs.

102. julie

Miley I adore you you are such a good actress and singer! I would pay 300 dollars to meet you in real life(I don’t have 300 bucks!But still) I love the T.V. show Hannah Montana and love the way you act in it!

103. flequasia

miley u need to get back out for more hannah motana like some people they just keep the seasons going

104. DeJanee'

miley you are the best i am your #1 fan.i can not leave out of a store without having anything in the store that is miley cyrus or hannah montana PLEASE don’t stop being hannah montana because she is cool and so is miley cyrus keep up the good work
    From your #1 fan

105. Hanmon23

I agree with rickriordanfan- she used to be normal, but now she’s just starstruck! ( like Christopher Wilde- lol!)

106. Candysplash

I CAN’T believe she’s going to get rid of Hannah’s wig!!! This is awfully sad…I feel so bad. She shouldn’t be giving up Hannah. I know you will make the right choice!!! =(

107. Angelica

Real life is waaay better than cyber-life. Miley makes sense. I agree with what she says about that.

108. patience

hi miley i am your bigest fan i am going to your cosert. my friend is your bigest fan to and she is going to your consert.she loves your songs why are you not hannah motana enymore

109. fudgebrownie78910

i love your show i wish it could last forever i wish i could meet you i love kicking and screaming and party in the usa please write back

110. lauren

U R an amazing singer!I love party in the USA>Do you like write all of ur music by yourself?Anyways…U ROC!!!!

111. Jeny

I was just joking….Miley is the bestest singer in the whole world and I was just going to say that I have her Posters everywhere!
    Are you going to stay on disney channel or are you just going to leave that all behind???
    Please don’t go because I could give you a lot of advice just Please dont go! or I will cry my dear hear out

112. sashaxoxo

im ur best fan why is ur show ending u are going to make me cry and itsad for ur parents is breaking up im really sorry tell lilly jake oliver i said hi im ging to miss yah its funny how u are 2 people by write me back

113. rickriordanfan

uh oh. More Miley Cyrus. I used to like her, but she’s had some BIG mistakes lately. I think she’s the person that does dramatic movies, not shoot em ups. I also think that it’s pretty likely that she’ll be staring in that Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Movie because she did a cover song for it. It sounds like a moive I’d see if it’s appropriate.

114. Jeny

Miley thinks it’s only twitter that ruins celeb’s lives but it’s not. Paparazzi can still find you. So she’s like blaming all the other celeb’s for that but it’s not them.