April 15, 2010

Meg Cabot Glitter Girls Video

Posted by at 7:24 am in Authors, Reads | Permalink

Allie_Finkle_5_130 Hardcore Allie Finkle fans probably know all about Meg Cabot’s newest book in the Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls series, Book 5, Glitter Girls and the Great Fake Out. It’s about a spectacularly fancy birthday party that Allie gets invited to. (If you haven’t read it yet, you can read Chapter 1 right here.)

Well, Meg Cabot herself happened to come by the Scholastic offices recently and I asked her about her inspiration for the book. Turns out, it’s based true events from her own life. While she was here, she also read a section out loud. This is fun – you can hear how the author sounds when she reads her own book! And since Allie is based on Meg’s real life, it’s almost like seeing Allie Finkle as a grown-up reading her life story!

What do you think? Have you read the book already? Do you want to read it now that you have seen Meg Cabot’s video? Let us know in the Comments, or go talk about it with other Allie fans on the Allie Finkle Message Board.

1. Alisha

You read it with that awesome expression so i cant stand to buy the book right now!! :) i love your voice and expression Ms. Meg Cabot….. :)

2. Grace

I have read Glitter Girls and the Great Fake Out and it was really good. It felt like I was really in the limo or having to be a sassy pirate when Allie had wanted to be a actress slash vetranarian!

3. LADYGAGA:)

Well, the dressup is weird. I tried it, BUT MY COMP. WONT LET ME!!! GRRR……..
    Anyway, the Allie Finkle series looks creepy.

4. Lil'MissAmerica

In this book series Allie a girl explains her troubles in life and school a real page turner.
    Star rating:
    *****
    Lil’MissAmerica

5. emokid43

Even though I’m a boy,I dont see why girls obsess over the allie finkle series.They are just books.I really like STEPHANIE MEYER’S books a-lot better than the Allie finkle books.My sister Kat_12 absolutely loves them!So check out our profiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. Cake

Meg Cabot is one of my favorite authors ever!!I really hope she continues writing allie finkle books.
    Meg Cabot herself,inspired me to write my own books even though I haven’t published them yet.Keep going Meg!!

7. I'm the REAL Allie Finkle

Hello incase you didnt know im the girl on the cover and what is REALLY weird is that my name is allie

8. 427407d

i think that what meg did was go within a girls mind. to see and uncover teens mind. ya i can get a little crazy about what other girls think about me. but it is not nice when they like you only when you are beutiful or when you are famous

9. JJCookie

I read that book! It was really good! I also wish that Glitterati was real. If it was, I would SOOOO want to go there!

10. divagurl45

ive never read one of those books before but listening to that ladys conversation uit seems pretty kool so i may chack them out! :)

11. Cassie

I love love love love love love Meg Cabot but i want her to write another book to the 1-800-where-r-u series and i want her to write another book for jinx and princess diaries

12. socceriscool11

I have read book 1-3 and I am working on the 4th but I cant wait till the 5th comes out this book series is COOL!

13. Sam

I aabsolutely love the books. In so many ways I can relate to Allie. I do dance (not ballet,though. I plan to though.)All the books are absolutely great. Aliie Finkle is one of my favorite series. Allie is kind of like my invisible friend.

14. marissa

I have never read any of the books. So I have no clue what they are like……so I might try reading them…..,but we will c

15. Noelle

That looks like a good book. I may read that book. I will have to see if the libary has it. But I want to read the runways more. Gotta see if the libary has that too!

16. Kiana

I have just started reading the Allie Finkle series, and I think “The New Girl” is a great book! So dramatic…so exciting! I can’t wait until I get to read book #5!