April 30, 2010

Good Luck Charlie’s Bridgit Mendler

Posted by at 5:32 pm in Celebrities | Permalink

Goodluckcharlie_130 Have you seen Good Luck Charlie yet? It’s a Disney show about 2 brothers and a sister whose life pretty much is turned upside when their parents have another baby (named Charlie). Teddy, the older sister is in high school and she is making a video diary to give Charlie advice for when she grows up. It’s hard to explain, but you can see what I mean in this video clip.

Cute, right? Well the actress who plays Teddy is Bridgit Mendler, and she was sweet enough to come answer some questions for us.

Q: Describe Teddy.

Bridgit: Teddy’s great. I think in a lot of ways she’s just your normal teen girl. She’s interested in all the teen girl things. There’s an episode where she’s into a certain vampire craze; it’s like the equivalent of Twilight. She’s into boys and she has her whole teen drama stuff. She’s kind of a perfectionist. She likes things to go her way; she likes things to be done right. She’s the good child of her family. But I think she also has her moments where she lets loose and she has fun and she gets nerdy sometimes and she maybe isn’t the best dancer. And for me it’s fun to make her maybe not good at dancing, maybe a little nervous when she gives speeches in front of a group of people. Maybe not the best singer, just all that stuff to make her a bit more real.

Q: Do you think you guys would be friends in real life?

Bridgit: I think we would. I think we would get along. She’s a sweet girl.

Q: When you hang out, what do you think you guys would do?

Bridgit: Definitely make a video. Because she loves making videos. She does so in each episode and I love making videos in my free time. Actually me and my friend used to make music videos all the time and I think that would be something so cool to do at some point in the future to actually make a music video but right now it’s just me and my Flip camera.

Q: On Good Luck Charlie, you and your brothers help your folks take care of a new baby. Do you have any real-life babysitting stories?

Bridgit: It’s fun always when I’m babysitting my cousins because they’re a rowdy bunch and we have to think of activities that we can do as a group over the summer. We have a lake house in New Hampshire where we all go and there’s this barn that’s attached to it and this lake house has been in our family for generations so the barn- there’s always this rope show that our family has put on and my mom has done it when she was a kid and all of her siblings did it and so we put on a little rope show and that was a fun thing to do as a group with all the cousins and we were able to incorporate my cousin who is eleven and my cousin who’s five and my cousin who’s two. You put things to music, you do a little bit of dancing, there’s some ropes hanging down from the barn like rope ladders, that kind of thing. The younger kids do gymnastics. It’s just a time to do a little performance.

Q: Is it true that middle school was hard for you and you didn’t exactly fit in? How did you deal with that?

Bridgit: I think middle school in general is a pretty difficult time when people’s friendships are shifting so for me it was hard because I had this one best friend and she was reaching out into some different groups because of some classes or maybe extracurricular activities and instead of trying to find my own groups, I wanted to stay friends with her and I wanted to not lose that so I tagged along and it didn’t really work out so well because they weren’t clicking with me. So I had to find my own friend group. I wound up working on the school play and meeting some good people there and becoming friends with them. So I think it’s a challenge because a lot of things are changing because you’re discovering more about who you are and I think it all came out for the best and I’m still close to that girl but it was a little bit tough at that time.

Q: Your most embarrassing moment with friends?

Bridgit: I trip over everything and even the other day I was saying goodbye to a friend and we were sitting at a table and I reached out my arms across the table because we were sitting across the table and my arms swung out to the side and I knocked out this whole container of water onto the girl sitting next to me. So that was pretty embarrassing. I’m a huge klutz so that sort of thing happens all the time.

It’s nice to know that even beautiful Hollywood actresses like Bridgit Medler have klutzy moments. It makes me like her even more!

UPDATE: Check out our interview with the boys from Good Luck Charlie!

Interview by Marie Morreale
Photos and video courtesy of Disney

1. JAYJAY THE JAT PLANE

I LUV THAT SHOW SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.I COULD NEVER STOP WATCHING EVERY TIME IT COMES ON

2. lalaw2000

i have seen it alot and i love it love love love love love love love love love love love love love it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much much much much much much much much much much!!!!!!

3. Marissa

It was amazing sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooamazing that i can’t stop watching it

4. Amanda W

HEY!!!!!
    I tottallyyyyyyyy
    love the show,”Good Luck Charlie”. You know what, i might even,since i hav a sister too, make a little thing for her except called ” GOOD LUCK M_____!” But thats only if you think thats ok.So is it ok?
    Anyway,I got the idea from the show, and i just thought it was a cute idea so when my lil’ sista gets older and i move out, she can watch the videos i made and see how she acted and what we did with her when she was a baby.plus she will get to see how cute she used to be. :)

5. LaDon95

OMG! You are so so way awesome . do you nknow how cool you are? You do a great job on Good Luck Charlie.

6. daniela

Teddy’s great. I think in a lot of ways she’s just your normal teen girl. She’s interested in all the teen girl things. There’s an episode where she’s into a certain vampire craze; it’s like the equivalent of Twilight. She’s into boys and she has her whole teen drama stuff. She’s kind of a perfectionist. She likes things to go her way; she likes things to be done right. She’s the good child of her family. But I think she also has her moments where she lets loose and she has fun and she gets nerdy sometimes and she maybe isn’t the best dancer. And for me it’s fun to make her maybe not good at dancing, maybe a little nervous when she gives speeches in front of a group of people. Maybe not the best singer, just all that stuff to make her a bit more real I think middle school in general is a pretty difficult time when people’s friendships are shifting so for me it was hard because I had this one best friend and she was reaching out into some different groups because of some classes or maybe extracurricular activities and instead of trying to find my own groups, I wanted to stay friends with her and I wanted to not lose that so I tagged along and it didn’t really work out so well because they weren’t clicking with me. So I had to find my own friend group. I wound up working on the school play and meeting some good people there and becoming friends with them. So I think it’s a challenge because a lot of things are changing because you’re discovering more about who you are and I think it all came out for the best and I’m still close to that girl but it was a little bit tough at that time. Definitely make a video. Because she loves making videos. She does so in each episode and I love making videos in my free time. Actually me and my friend used to make music videos all the time and I think that would be something so cool to do at some point in the future to actually make a music video but right now it’s just me and my Flip camera

7. daniela

8. daniela

i love good lick charlie is my favorite show i love good luck charlie because when i see the trailer it looks kind of intresting so im like i can’t wait to see good luck charlie

9. yungm123

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! ITZ BRIDGET MENDLER !!!! AHHHHHH !!! I LOVE YOUR SHOW CAN I BE ON IT I LOVE CHARLIE SHE SO CUTE!!!!! GOOD LUCK CHARLIE!!!

10. Becca

i luv bridget! she is so funny and pretty! her personality is just like mine! my fav show is good luck charlie! if u have not seen it yet, watch it now!!! it is great!***

11. Jules

Hi Bridget Mendler! I am your #1 fan! Good Luck Charlie is a great show. Hope to see you on the stacks!