April 5, 2010

Character Combinations

Posted by at 8:46 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_charactercombinations I am constantly amazed by the intelligent and interesting conversations taking place every day on the Message Boards. Really, you guys are amazing! I wish all the kids on the STACKS could go to the same school and I could be a teacher/librarian there, and we'd just talk about books all day long!

Anyway, today's Writing Prompt comes from one of the many interesting and intelligent people on the Boards, sea maiden, who asks:

Hi everyone! If you could combine 2 characters from your favorite books or movies, who would they be? Then when you combine them, what would they look like and what are their names????? pls reply, sea maiden

I love this response from fuzzyball35:

I would combine Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter! My new character's name would be Annamione Granse! She would have curly brown hair. She would be clever, an over-acheiver, and good at everything she does!
~fuzzyball35~

As for me, I would combine Harry Potter from Harry Potter (obviously) and Lyra
Belacqua from The Golden Compass. This would produce two new characters,
brother and sister twins, Larry and Hyra Pelacquer. They would both
wear glasses and have daemons.

Tell us about YOUR Character Combinations in the Comments!

1. Grandesong

I would combine Jena from Wildwood Dancing and Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter to make Ginia T. Pasely.
    She would have a small pet frog named Gogu and a special talent for Bat-Bogey Hexes. She would have bright red hair that wouldn’t stay down. She would tend to wear a green dress. If she were dating someone, their name would be Harin Platin.

2. mintchocolatechip100

i would pretty much do anyone from harry potter and anyone from percy jackson. they are my 2 most favorite book series.

3. Krazberry

I would combine tally youngblood from the uglies trilogy and katniss everdeen from the hunger games her name would be katlly everblood and she would have brown hair with black streaks,tan skin,and hazel eyes.She would be fearless and a real tomboy,and she would be really really good at the hunger games

4. Thalia_and_Katniss_Rock

After making Thaniss Gradeen/Kalia Everce,I decided to make Luke/Gale and Percy/Peeta hybrids,too.
    I would combine Luke Castellan from PJATO and Gale Hawthorne from the The Hunger Games trilogy to make…Gauke Hawellan or Lule Castthorne,a 19-year-old boy who is a good thief,is excellent with making snares,and lives in Panem.He wants to rebel against the Capitol.He has feelings for Kalia,a girl who lives in his district,but she unfortunately loves Pertta,the baker’s son.He is cunning,smart,ruthless,loves his family and Kalia’s family,but hates Pertta and other people who stand in his way.
    Oh,and I also would combine Percy Jackson and Peeta Mellark to make Pertta Jackark or Peecy Mellson,a 16-year-old boy who has epic water skills,frosts cakes and paints pictures,and lives in Panem.He loves Kalia,a girl in his district,but she also has feelings for Gauke,another boy in their district.He is good with swords,wrestles,and seems weak at first but is actually strong.He is smart but doesn’t show it,funny,and friendly.
    So what do you think?

5. Krazberry

I would combine katniss from the hunger games and tally youngblood from the uglies series.She would be fearless,a tomboy,and have olive skin,brown hair and green eyes.

6. mimi11359

mine is Selena gomez from wizards of waverly place and Demi lovato from sonny with a chance the’re friends! Whats your fave dog combination mines a pomapoo

7. readingstar5

I would combine Allie Finkle from Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls with Jenny from How I Survived Middle School to make Jenlie! She’d make rules on how to survive middle school!

8. primpandas

I would combine Primrose Everdeen from The Hunger Games and Ripred from the Underland Chronicles to form… (drum roll)
    Riprose Everdeen! Um, she would be half person, half rat, and she can smell emotions. She would look like a person with a rat’s tail. She would have long, blonde hair.

9. GNOletsgo1

I would combine Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson with Harry Potter to create…. Perry Jacker! (or Harcy Potson) He is good with swords, has a wand, invincible because of Achille’s curse, an ivisibility cloak, glasses, and water powers.
    Okay, I have to admit Perry/Harcy would be totally invincible!

10. Samantha

I would combine Harry Potter and Eragon from the Inheritance Cycle to create a boy named Hargon Potromson. He would be righteous, strong in magic, and self-concious. Hargon will have a dragon named Buckfire.Ultimately, he is destined to destroy the evil Galbomort.

11. bmw3bug

i would combine pitch the girl who can climb really well from swindle and zoobreak, and amy from the 39 clues, and i would get pam, a really athletic and smart girl.
    bmw3bug
    M vp
    Zeus
    believer

12. HeroineHiding

Oooh,a toughie. I think I would combine Arya from the Cycle of Inheritance and Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and the Olympians to create an elf/human breed that is super smart, incredibly brave and strong, and is an amazing shield maiden. Her name would be Aryabeth.

13. Thalia_and_Katniss_Rock

Okay,I would combine Thalia Grace(from Percy Jackson and the Olympians)and Katniss Everdeen(The Hunger Games trilogy) to make Thaniss Gradeen or Kalia Everce,a 16-year-old who lives in Panem,is the poster child of a rebellion, and is a huntress who was once a tree.She cares for her sister,Priabeth,and has feelings for both Gauke and Pertta,boys who live in her district.She is fierce,caring,emotionally confused,and is skilled in archery.Her dad died when she was 11 and she has ADHD and dyslexia.
    Yeah,I tried to combine Thalia and Katniss the best as I could.What do you think?

14. stuffedmudkiptoy

I would be Lyra belacqua from the golden compass(like Sonja) and Sabrina Grimm from the sisters Grimm. My new character would be named Sabryia Griblecam and would be smart and witty as well as loyal and annoying.
    Love, peace, and waffles
    -stuffedmudkiptoy

15. laffytaffy101

I think i would combine Clarrise from Percy Jackson and Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter so that you would have an over-achiever, battle loving wizard/demigod!!!

16. Candysplash

I would combine Parvati Patel from Harry Potter and Mary Anne from The Baby-Sitters’ Club. Her name would be…are you ready? Parissa Anne! She would have wavy black hair and a creative and random personality. She would be intelligent, but at the same time, absent-minded. Also, she would have a pet myna bird. She would also have the ability to read minds, and more! (A LOT more…)

17. summers ice cream 2

I can’t wait to go and be taken a ay on a jorney
    to a far a way place were I
    have never been before. it is going to be a fun and cool adventure to another world of fantsy.!!!

18. fallbookgirl

I would combine Nita Callahan from the Young Wizards series and D.J. Schwenk from Dairy Queen. My new character would be Dorthita Callahwenk. She would be really tall and have long brown hair. She would be able to perform wizardry and be great at sports.

19. loki25

I would combine Leven Thumps from Gate way to Foo, and Josh from the Seven Sleepers series to make Jeven a person who can see the future and is a great leader.
    P.S the Seven Sleepers series is one of the best series.

20. Chocolate Goosebumps

I would combine Greg from Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Max-Ernest from The Name of this Book is Secret. You’d end up with Grax-Nest! He’d have Greg’s quirkiness, Max-Ernest’s problem solving abilities, but both don’t really fit in, so I guess he’d be an outcast too.

21. Renee

Wow, that is a very tough question…well I would probably put together Percy from Percy Jackson and Dan Cahill from the 39 Clues. His name would be Pan (that’s funny because of the god of the wild) Jahill. I know, I know not a lot of creativity for the names. Pan would be able to have crazy water abilities, and still have the ability to have a photographic memory even though the Percy side still has ADHD and dyslexia. That is who I would mix for characters and books.

22. Akansha

I would combine Meggie from the Inkheart triquel ,Sara from the little princess and Abby from the amazing days of abby hayes to create an incredibly brave girl named Meb (short for Meseba a creative and imaginative girl whois caring in a human way but has the ability to make whatver she reads come true.