April 5, 2010

Character Combinations

Posted by at 8:46 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_charactercombinations I am constantly amazed by the intelligent and interesting conversations taking place every day on the Message Boards. Really, you guys are amazing! I wish all the kids on the STACKS could go to the same school and I could be a teacher/librarian there, and we'd just talk about books all day long!

Anyway, today's Writing Prompt comes from one of the many interesting and intelligent people on the Boards, sea maiden, who asks:

Hi everyone! If you could combine 2 characters from your favorite books or movies, who would they be? Then when you combine them, what would they look like and what are their names????? pls reply, sea maiden

I love this response from fuzzyball35:

I would combine Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter! My new character's name would be Annamione Granse! She would have curly brown hair. She would be clever, an over-acheiver, and good at everything she does!
~fuzzyball35~

As for me, I would combine Harry Potter from Harry Potter (obviously) and Lyra
Belacqua from The Golden Compass. This would produce two new characters,
brother and sister twins, Larry and Hyra Pelacquer. They would both
wear glasses and have daemons.

Tell us about YOUR Character Combinations in the Comments!

1. peacefulpixie10

I would combine Jenna Heap (from “Magyk” by Angie Sage) and Tsunami (from “Wings of Fire” by Tui T. Sutherland) to create Jennami, a dragon/human shapeshifter. She always states what she believes and thinks before she acts. She believes herself to be the best thing the world has ever seen.

2. Secret Identity

I would mix Hermionie Granger and Mrs.Norris(yes i know she is a cat) and i would get Hermionie Norris. She would be perfect, sneaky and smart. She would be the prettiest one in the school. Everyone will want to be her friend. She will be the crown jewel of Hogwarts. No one would be her enemy. Even Slytherens. She would be in Gryffindor. She would be pure blood but not brag about it. She would be the nicest one in the school. She would also be the smartest one in the school. Everyone will love her for being smart, pretty, a good friend, and the best. But she would never brag about it. She would have long, wavy, brown hair. She would be very skinny. She would have brown eyes. She would also have her ears pireced. She would be very, very, very perfect.

3. adorabledolphin237

i would put daisy from the phillipa fisher books and allie finkle from allie finkle rules for girls and their name would be daily and she would be half human half fairy and in human life she would be like allie and in fairy life she would be like daisy,.

4. dolphinfairy896

I would combine Piper from the Heros of Olympus and Daisy from The Candymakers and you would get a girl named Paisy who is 15, has dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and is a spy and has a designer mom. (If you’ve read the first book in the Heros of Olympus, you know who the “designer mom” is.)

5. bookwormgirl45

I would combine sherlock holmes and annabeth chase.She would be called Shanna Hase and would be an awesome demigod detective!

6. arw8929

I would combine Luke and Jen, from a book called “Among the Hidden”. It would either make Len or Juke.

7. Caity

I’d combine Allie Finkle- from Allie Finke’s Rules for Girls- with Jamie Kelly- from Dear Dumb Diary- to create “Allie Kelly’s Diary Rule for Girls” for the title. And as for the character, “Allie Kelly”. Simple, yet cool!

8. fma3040

I would compine Steve “Lepard” Lenard, from Darren Shan’s Cirque Du Freak, and Ari Bachalor, from James Pattarson’s Maximum ride. Creating Averi Benalor.
    She’d have wavy, carmel colored hair, an edgy yet gentle face, and would wear a black shirt, with a black ‘n white shirt underneath that, black jeans, and black and white hightops.
    She’d can be cruel and unforgiving, though underneath all of her hurt and anger is a really sad and father deprived child. So if she were featured in a story she could be either the disliked good guy, or the unmerciful bad guy. She would have a very strong story line.
    That is MY character combination!!

9. B

Kaitlin Burke and Skylar Mackenzie from Secrets of my Hollywood life. They would make cute and quirky Skytlin!

10. SmileMonkey

I would combine Ida B. from obviously, Ida B. and Jamie Kelly from Dear Dumb Diary. She would have brown hair, electric green glasses and would live on an apple orchard scattered with old lady underpants. Her name would be Idelly Belly!

11. 4a2cp

I would combine Millicent Min from Millicent Min Girl Genius and Emily Windsnap from The tail of Emily Windsnap.I wound get Milly Mindsnap a mermaid with a high IQ in mermaid scool who plays volley ball.LOL

12. crocks123

I would combine Luke Haggerty from Island, and Naomi Erlanger from schooled. Naomi has heart, and Luke has mind. They would be Naomi Haggerty! (creative name :D )

13. yo-yo-bro

I would combine Harry Potter and Percy Jackson to create Percy Potter and he would be the greatest god’s son magician EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Annabeth

wow, thats a hard one. ok, i would have to say artemis fowl from the artemis fowl series and voldemort from the harry potter series. im not sure what his name would be, probably something like Voldemis Fowl. why? well, im too lazy too explain everything. see ya!

15. adao

I would combine spongebob and patrick. It would be a yellow sponge shaped like a star. It would talk like patrick but have spongebob’s face. It would also be smart and dumb at the same time and also it would still annoy squidward but twice as much.

16. mirialin_moon_knight4789

Hm… I’d have to say Leafpool from “Warriors” and Thalia from PJO. Thalia really needs it.
    Here’s my logic: Thalia is always kind of hyper. She always wants to do things HERE and NOW, and she hates waiting. Leafpool is almost the complete opposite: She’s calm, contented, and a VERY good secret-keeper.
    If those two were combined, as a cat, they would be Thunderpool: An agile WindClan she-cat, good at long-distance running and fighting RiverClan. She’d be able to kill more rabbits than any of her littermates as an apprentice, and she’d most likely end up as deputy and, possibly, Clan leader.

17. AnimePrincess118

I would also combine Kaname and Zero both from Vampire Knight to create Kekaru a medium hard headed and determined guy who doesn’t give up until he gets what he wants and has only one real weakness his love for Yuuki.Oh and in my opinion he would also be so super duper CUTE.

18. AnimePrincess118

I would combine Yuuki from this manga (japaness books) called Vampire Knight and Momo from peach girl (anime series) to make Yume a strong,loving,caring, and indapendent girl who tries to take can of herself but can’t help relying on her friends to save her most of the time and can’t make her mind up when it comes to guys however in the end when she truly needs to make up her mind she knows immediately.

19. Josephine

I would combine Josephine March and Cassie Binegar. Her name would be Cassephine Maregar. She would have long brown hair that always gets in her way, big hands, big feet with no shoes on, blue eyes and sun-burnt skin. She would also never wear skirts and have a friend named Margret Mary.

20. rocker01

I would combine Alice Kingsligh from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland and Carly Shay from iCarly to create Alarly Kingshay

21. Keara

I would combine Gale Hearthorn ( from the Hunger Games)and Fang (from Maximum Ride). His name would be Fale Hearthorn (Great first name, huh?) He’d be a tall, dark, and handsome hunter with huge black wings and few words. He would fall head-over-heals for a girl named Kaximum Everidean(a bird-girl than is an amazing archer.) Who is, of course, a cross betwine Maximum Ride and Katniss Everdeen. His arch foe would be Pillen( Peeta and perfectly- stupid Dilan, The Amazing Flying Boy) Pillen would always be trying to steal Fale’s true love.

22. Thalia_and_Katniss_Rock

Okay,so I would combine Nico di Angelo from the Percy Jackson series and Dan Cahill from The 39 Clues to make….Dico di Cahgelo!He would be a son of Hades and a Madrigal.He would love Mythomagic and ninjas.He has a photographic memory and ADHD and dyslexia.He has an older sister named Amanca(combo of Amy and Bianca)who is strict sometimes but a worrier,and joined the Hunters.Both his parents died.

23. rickriordanfan

I would take Percy Jackson and Harry Potter to make Harcy Potson. He would have all the traits of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. Short black hair, blue eyes, and average sized.

24. Summer_Icecream22

I would combine Oliia from Olivia Kidney Stop For No One and Alice from Alice in Wonderland. My character would be adventurous,skilled, and beautiful. She would have golden brown hair and love skateboarding.

25. vadagurl2357

I would combine Bella Swan from Twilight and Mia Thermopolis from the Princess Diaries series. Her name would be Bellmia Swanopolis! She would be a princess of Genovia AND be a vampire. How cool would that be?

26. qwerfvtgb53

i would combine hermione from harry potter and katniss from the hunger games to make katione grangerdeen. she would be super smart, gifted at magic and hunting, have a pet cat named buttershanks (combination of buttercup and crookshanks) and have black bushy hair, olive skin and a slight overbite.
    A smartypants katniss would be frightening.

27. myminiman

i would combine Hermione Granger from Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl from Artemis Fowl(of course)
    the new charactor would be Hermitemis Growl, this charactor would be the master mind of spells and fairies.

28. s.snape2000

I would combine Snape from Harry Potter and Annabeth from Percy Jackson.Its name would be Spannabeth and would have curly blond hair, but have dark,cold black eyes.They would have a dark mark on their left inner forearm.It would wear an orange camp half-blood shirt with long dark black robes and jeans.It would have a wand and a yankee cap.

29. 34LadyFirefly

I would combine Edward Cullen from Twilight and Harry Potter to make Harward Pullen. He would be a vampire with black hair who could turn invisible with a cloak and was interested in a girl named Gella.

30. Charmfairy

Aaah! You did exactly what I was going to Sonja! Anyways, I would combine Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley (both from HP). This would result in Guna Lovely. She would be a bit absent-minded and strange, be a great Quidditch player and student, have wavy red hair with blonde highlights, and be the quirky one everyone likes but doesn’t understand.

31. Grandesong

I would combine Jena from Wildwood Dancing and Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter to make Ginia T. Pasely.
    She would have a small pet frog named Gogu and a special talent for Bat-Bogey Hexes. She would have bright red hair that wouldn’t stay down. She would tend to wear a green dress. If she were dating someone, their name would be Harin Platin.

32. mintchocolatechip100

i would pretty much do anyone from harry potter and anyone from percy jackson. they are my 2 most favorite book series.

33. Krazberry

I would combine tally youngblood from the uglies trilogy and katniss everdeen from the hunger games her name would be katlly everblood and she would have brown hair with black streaks,tan skin,and hazel eyes.She would be fearless and a real tomboy,and she would be really really good at the hunger games

34. Thalia_and_Katniss_Rock

After making Thaniss Gradeen/Kalia Everce,I decided to make Luke/Gale and Percy/Peeta hybrids,too.
    I would combine Luke Castellan from PJATO and Gale Hawthorne from the The Hunger Games trilogy to make…Gauke Hawellan or Lule Castthorne,a 19-year-old boy who is a good thief,is excellent with making snares,and lives in Panem.He wants to rebel against the Capitol.He has feelings for Kalia,a girl who lives in his district,but she unfortunately loves Pertta,the baker’s son.He is cunning,smart,ruthless,loves his family and Kalia’s family,but hates Pertta and other people who stand in his way.
    Oh,and I also would combine Percy Jackson and Peeta Mellark to make Pertta Jackark or Peecy Mellson,a 16-year-old boy who has epic water skills,frosts cakes and paints pictures,and lives in Panem.He loves Kalia,a girl in his district,but she also has feelings for Gauke,another boy in their district.He is good with swords,wrestles,and seems weak at first but is actually strong.He is smart but doesn’t show it,funny,and friendly.
    So what do you think?

35. Krazberry

I would combine katniss from the hunger games and tally youngblood from the uglies series.She would be fearless,a tomboy,and have olive skin,brown hair and green eyes.

36. mimi11359

mine is Selena gomez from wizards of waverly place and Demi lovato from sonny with a chance the’re friends! Whats your fave dog combination mines a pomapoo

37. readingstar5

I would combine Allie Finkle from Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls with Jenny from How I Survived Middle School to make Jenlie! She’d make rules on how to survive middle school!

38. primpandas

I would combine Primrose Everdeen from The Hunger Games and Ripred from the Underland Chronicles to form… (drum roll)
    Riprose Everdeen! Um, she would be half person, half rat, and she can smell emotions. She would look like a person with a rat’s tail. She would have long, blonde hair.

39. GNOletsgo1

I would combine Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson with Harry Potter to create…. Perry Jacker! (or Harcy Potson) He is good with swords, has a wand, invincible because of Achille’s curse, an ivisibility cloak, glasses, and water powers.
    Okay, I have to admit Perry/Harcy would be totally invincible!

40. Samantha

I would combine Harry Potter and Eragon from the Inheritance Cycle to create a boy named Hargon Potromson. He would be righteous, strong in magic, and self-concious. Hargon will have a dragon named Buckfire.Ultimately, he is destined to destroy the evil Galbomort.

41. bmw3bug

i would combine pitch the girl who can climb really well from swindle and zoobreak, and amy from the 39 clues, and i would get pam, a really athletic and smart girl.
    bmw3bug
    M vp
    Zeus
    believer

42. HeroineHiding

Oooh,a toughie. I think I would combine Arya from the Cycle of Inheritance and Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and the Olympians to create an elf/human breed that is super smart, incredibly brave and strong, and is an amazing shield maiden. Her name would be Aryabeth.

43. Thalia_and_Katniss_Rock

Okay,I would combine Thalia Grace(from Percy Jackson and the Olympians)and Katniss Everdeen(The Hunger Games trilogy) to make Thaniss Gradeen or Kalia Everce,a 16-year-old who lives in Panem,is the poster child of a rebellion, and is a huntress who was once a tree.She cares for her sister,Priabeth,and has feelings for both Gauke and Pertta,boys who live in her district.She is fierce,caring,emotionally confused,and is skilled in archery.Her dad died when she was 11 and she has ADHD and dyslexia.
    Yeah,I tried to combine Thalia and Katniss the best as I could.What do you think?

44. stuffedmudkiptoy

I would be Lyra belacqua from the golden compass(like Sonja) and Sabrina Grimm from the sisters Grimm. My new character would be named Sabryia Griblecam and would be smart and witty as well as loyal and annoying.
    Love, peace, and waffles
    -stuffedmudkiptoy

45. laffytaffy101

I think i would combine Clarrise from Percy Jackson and Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter so that you would have an over-achiever, battle loving wizard/demigod!!!

46. Candysplash

I would combine Parvati Patel from Harry Potter and Mary Anne from The Baby-Sitters’ Club. Her name would be…are you ready? Parissa Anne! She would have wavy black hair and a creative and random personality. She would be intelligent, but at the same time, absent-minded. Also, she would have a pet myna bird. She would also have the ability to read minds, and more! (A LOT more…)

47. summers ice cream 2

I can’t wait to go and be taken a ay on a jorney
    to a far a way place were I
    have never been before. it is going to be a fun and cool adventure to another world of fantsy.!!!

48. fallbookgirl

I would combine Nita Callahan from the Young Wizards series and D.J. Schwenk from Dairy Queen. My new character would be Dorthita Callahwenk. She would be really tall and have long brown hair. She would be able to perform wizardry and be great at sports.

49. loki25

I would combine Leven Thumps from Gate way to Foo, and Josh from the Seven Sleepers series to make Jeven a person who can see the future and is a great leader.
    P.S the Seven Sleepers series is one of the best series.

50. Chocolate Goosebumps

I would combine Greg from Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Max-Ernest from The Name of this Book is Secret. You’d end up with Grax-Nest! He’d have Greg’s quirkiness, Max-Ernest’s problem solving abilities, but both don’t really fit in, so I guess he’d be an outcast too.

51. Renee

Wow, that is a very tough question…well I would probably put together Percy from Percy Jackson and Dan Cahill from the 39 Clues. His name would be Pan (that’s funny because of the god of the wild) Jahill. I know, I know not a lot of creativity for the names. Pan would be able to have crazy water abilities, and still have the ability to have a photographic memory even though the Percy side still has ADHD and dyslexia. That is who I would mix for characters and books.

52. Akansha

I would combine Meggie from the Inkheart triquel ,Sara from the little princess and Abby from the amazing days of abby hayes to create an incredibly brave girl named Meb (short for Meseba a creative and imaginative girl whois caring in a human way but has the ability to make whatver she reads come true.