April 20, 2010

New Camp Half-Blood Series

Posted by at 1:49 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick_riordan

Many of you already heard this rumor before, but now it’s officially official. I read it on Rick Riordan’s blog so you know it’s for real. Rick Riordan — author of Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The 39 Clues Book#1: The Maze of Bones — is writing a NEW Camp Half-Blood series with a whole new posse of demigods. The series will be called The Heroes of Olympus, and the title of Book #1 is. . . The Lost Hero.

Riordan reveals nothing on his blog about the series, no hints, no sneak peeks, not even the book cover, nothing except this little intro which only makes me more impatient for the book! (But it’s still better than nothing.)

“After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Here is the date you need to remember: October 12, 2010. That’s when the book comes out. I know it seems like a long time, but don’t forget we have another totally new Rick Riordan series The Kane Chronicles coming in May, so at least we will have something else really great to read while we’re waiting!

Rick Riordan photo © Rebecca Riordan

1. AnubisAthena111

How are we supposed to wait ’til October 7th to get Blood of Olympus? And who publishes a book on a Tuesday? Who doe that?

2. Piper123

I luv all your series! their amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. thaliarox

omg i love the percy jackson book and i was sooo sad when i finshed the last and now i here that their is going to be a new precy jackson series yay!!!!!!!!!! :D

4. ILuvPercy

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down* I HOPE ITS STILL ABOUT PERCY AND ANNABETH AND GROVER AND YA KNOW THOSE PEEPS NOT SOME NEW PERSON. OH MY GODS IM EXITED I THINK I MIGHT FAINT *faints*

5. Zia

Now I have another item on the list of OMG! I’M GONNA DIE IF I DON’T GET THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Zia

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG NOW I AM ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT THERE IS A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!

7. rylee

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!! i loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympian’s series!! it was great! i cant wait!!!

8. riptideking

I’m a grown man that didn’t expect much of this series, especially after watching the horrible movie. I listened to all the books in a week and was disappointed when it ended. I’m more than excited that the series is “continuing”!! Way to go RICK!!!!

9. percyj99

I agree with Alyssa about the “keep the old characters”
    and with LILLIAN about Percy (especially in the movie)

10. percyj99

Oh my gods, THIS IS HUGE!!!
    Just last year I was obsessed with Harry Potter, then around Christmas, a friend told me about Percy Jackson, so I started reading it and I loved it, and then The Red Pyramid, and now this! It’s all too much! I THINK I’M GOING TO BLOW UP WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goodness, talk about a run-on sentence!
    PERCY <3

11. YOYO ANGEL DOG372

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Percy Jackson Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t get why Rick didn’t finish “The Kane Series” first?????????????????????? Well I’m still excited about the next half blood series. It’s going to rock baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [I put to much ! marks] How do you spell [!] ??????????????

12. YOYO ANGEL DOG372

OMG!!!!!!! I can’t believe he is making another series! I love the Percy Jackson Series! But I don’t get why he didn’t finish “The Kane Chronicles” first? But I’m still excited for the next half blood series. From the sound of it, it’s going to be awsome!!!!!!:]

13. DoubleHelix

OMG!! Can’t wait till it comes out in October.What I’m really wondering is who is the “Lost Hero?”

14. rachel

i can’t believe this its going to be so awesome i’ve read all the books. i knew the books couldn’t end so soon. this so just made my day. I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Sunshine_Girl_3231

Oh, wow, at first I thought this was about Harry Potter! Lol! But I’m kind of excited! I think I might read it if I can!

16. allong16

OMG! I love Rick Riordan. I have read all of the Percy Jackson books and I have just started reading The 39 CLues books. I am so excited to read the Heroes of Olympus series. I hope it is as good as the Percy Jackson series. I can’t wait!

17. Carson

I love Percy Jackson and I’m super excited… but it would be really cool if he could fit all the old characters in too even if they weren’t the main characters.

18. Percival

I love all the books Rick has written!(or reading)I heard the Lightning thief movie is coming out in 27 days!

19. Emerald

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!
    I love the Percy Jackson series. And if some of the old characters are in here, I have a feeling Percy, Annabeth, Nico (I haven’t read the last book yet so i don’t know anything about Nico yet), and Grover will probally be in there for some reason. I have a feeling Grover will be in the councle for the elders thing, Percy gets a spot on Olympus and maybe Annabeth and maybe they get married. I know if they were to have kids theywould turn out normal mortals, maybe a little disstress, and would have a TRACE of Olymiann, or however you spell it, blood.

20. viperboy101

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A new Percy Jackson series??????????I AM A HUGE FAN OF PERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. swimygirl909

AWSOME!!!!!! I’M TRYING TO FIND THE LAST PERCY JACKSON BOOK!!! Now i’ll have another sieries to read (if i didn’t already have like 500 other books to read)!!!!:)

22. gokatniss

Wow! Talk about a prolific writer. I’ve read all the Percy Jackson books, and my friend’s started the Red Pyramid. Keep writing, Rick Riordan! (If you end up reading this.)

23. stacksreader

ive read all the books of percy jacksons books theres five inall and the demigod files a secret book that gives u interviews of all your favorite characters and pictures.

24. Twinyboo

I may need to borrow Annabeth’s cap to sneak into Rick’s office and steal the book! October won’t get here fast enough! LOL I’m jk.

25. Twinyboo

I’M SO EXCITED! I CAN’T WAIT TIL OCTOBER! I LOVE PJ AND 39 CLUES AND HARRY POTTER TOO! OMG THIS IS SO COOL!

26. Jules

OMG!!!!!! I absolutley LOVED the Percy Jackson series. Can’t wait to read these! When is it coming out??? Or did it alredy come out? C U ON THE stacks

27. Blonde Annabeth

i cant wait to have the book, Rick, you are one of the greatest writers, dont stop making books!!

28. Aaron (a.k.a. Ultimite Pecy Jackson fan)

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting my whole life for this!!!!!!(OK,after I finished the 5th a while ago.)I have read them all and have them all!!! YEAH!!!! RICK RIORDEN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. qwerfvtgb

AAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CANT WAIT!!!! I’M COUNTING DOWN, SAME AS FOR MOCKINGJAY!!!

30. april404

I heard the are making a guide book to the 39 clues and its called the black book to buried secrets and it is coming out in october!!!!!!!!! cant wait!!!

31. april404

Rick Riorden is awsome I love the Percy Jackson series and the 39 clues series!!!!!!!!
    P.S I heard they are making a 39 clues movie and it is coming out in 2011!!!!!!!!

32. april404

OMG i love the Percy Jackson series. No joke i read all 5 of the books in 1 week! I totally cant wait for the next series. but it is kind of sad that there is no more Percy and Annabeth in the books anymore. But we still have the heros of Olypus books to look forward to

33. taija

this is the best and i would read this book for ever in my life time over and over again and i would tell people that i know about it and tell them to read it and i would also past it on from generation to generation so that they would read it over and over again and past it on to there kids so there kids can past it on to there kids so thta they can past it on to there kids and so that they can past it on to there kids and so on and that is why i think that this seris thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Valery

sooooooooooooooooooooo exited i read all the books in at least 3 days each i have all the books exept the third so exited for his new series

35. Annabeth C.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! IM LIKE JUMPING UP AND DOWN RIGHT NOW! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD IN M O N T H S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. Annabeth C.

OMG! I CANT WAIT! THOSE BOOKS R MY FAVORITE OF ALL TIME! IM SOOO OBSESSED W/ THEM! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! im the BIGGEST fan! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! ive benn hoping 4 th@ 4 sooo long!

37. ilikepie14

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! SCREAM!!!!I LOVE PERCY! NOW THIS! SCORAGE! YES! WOO HOO! EXCLAMATION POINTS AND CAPITALS ARE ALL ILL USE YEAH!

38. REBA

THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES IS GREAT.I’VE READ THE TWILIGHT SERITES THATS GOOD TO.I CAN’T WAIT AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE RED PYRAMID SERIES.(ANOTHER BOOK FROM RICK RIODAN).:)

39. agent5

I heard that there will be a second Percy Jackson movie: Sea of Monsters. but it’ll be done in 2012or 2013…
    –;

40. Lilly777222

NO WAY! I COMPLETELY AND THOROUGHLY LOVED HE PERCY JACKSON BOOKS! I CRIED WHEN REALIZED I HAD FINISHED THE SERIES!

41. JJCookie

YAY!! I LOVE Percy Jackson! I have read all the books and I can’t wait to hear more about him! I’m SOOOOOO excited!

42. rachel

oh my gosh i love this series in fact i love tons of books like harry potter, twilight, percy jackson, the hunger games, the 39 clues, and so on!

43. uknownperson

i read the whole series and they are really good. hope Percy, Grover, Nico, and Anebeth. Hope the new books come out soon. The Fifth book has a really good “kind of” cliff hanger ending!

44. Emily45637

I am reading the Percy Jackson seris and LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it the only thing i can do is just read read read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope for anyone who wants to read it you really SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. Cupcake_Kitty

Really? I knew there would be a new series and that it came out in May–but any of that! I am a HUGE Percy fanatic!

46. blake

i am on the last book and ready for the red pyrimed. but need to buy them both. not going to finish the last book in time

47. JellyTelly

That is totally awesometastic! I’ve read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series twice and loved it! I’ll be eagerly waiting for The Heroes of Olympus!

48. Amber

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE BIGGEST PJO FAN IN TEXAS(AND MAYBE THE WHOLE USA)ME AND MY BEST FRIEND WERE ALREADY COMING UP WITH AN ANSWER TO RACHEL’S PROPHECY!!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME PJO ROX 4EVER!!!!!!!

49. amanda

i can’t wait. me and my mom LOVED the percy jackson series, and we were literaly screaming when we found out!!! it is going to ROCK!!!!! i can’t wait. :) !!!

50. purple-owl

OMG!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!
    I’M DREAMING!!!! :) :) :)
    And tell Rick Riordan to make it be from a girl’s point of view this time! ANNABETH ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51. Bookie0139

Oh my gosh! I have a friend who is CRAZY for Percy Jackson!! She’ll be soo happy to know this!!
    RICK RIORDAN ROCKS!

52. smileybeachgal101

OMQ!!!! i luvvv the series ca’t wait to read them! i bet the new series will be awesome!! coool!

53. Reagan

I already have the whole first series of percy jackson and the olympians and cant wait for the new series!

54. i-LOVE-soccer98

I am a HUGE fan of Rick Riordan’s books, and when I heard about the new half-blood series, I jumped probably 6 feet in the air. I can’t help but SCREAM how happy I am!!!!!!!

55. Alyssa

I don’t know about it. I feel kind of like i don’t know atttached to Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. I don’t think that it would be awesome to have new charcters. Maybe he should just… add new characters but keep the old ones also.

56. Arlo285

A NEW CAMP HALFBLOOD SERIES! AWESOME! WAS SO SAD WHEN THE LAST BOOK IN THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES CAME OUT, BUT NOW THERE IS A WHOLE NEW SERIES WHICH HAS OT BE JUST AS AWESOME! YAY!

57. Bethanyisthebest

OMG!!!! Is you serious!!
    *scream* I can’t wait! I finished all the Percy Jackson series and now this! *scream**doublescream*
    I am so excited!

58. mirialin_moon_knight4789

I already heard about this on his blog, and it’s really frustrating that he won’t tell us anything, but his sons, his wife, and his former editor all love it! (I say “former” because she’s leaving, but she’s getting promoted, I think. Yay!)
    Rick Riordan is the most awesome author ever! (In my opinion, Jude Watson is next [even though I'm still holding a grudge against her for "In Too Deep"], then Patrick Carman.)

59. snorckato

Finished the series and love the 1st book of the 39 clues. the new serieswil be off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. y21

I’ve read the first one and goin to get the next one. it’s one awesome series and i hope to get the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought harry potter was good but that series was blown away by percy jackson.

61. gylfie97

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT’S ALL I CAN SAY IS YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!I’M LITERALLY BOUNCING UP AND DOWN IN MY SEAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I’M USING WAY TOO MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

62. Kaitlyn

OMG this sounds so cool! I am up to the third Percy Jackson book, I just started the series in.. i think february? I don’t know but I needed a new series since I finished all the twilight books :D (accept for breaking dawn)

63. GNOletsgo1

I KNEW THAT! YAHOO! I PER-ORDERED THE RED PYRAMID, SO I’LL MAKE IT UNTIL OCTOBER! ALSO ON OCT. 12 IS THE LIGHTNING THIEF GRAPHIC NOVEL! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

64. Sydney

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

65. Crystal

I CAN’T WAIT! :D I’ve already preordered “The Red Pyramid”, and now I’m even more excited for October! Yes! *fistpump*

66. SummerWriter

I can’t beleive he’s writing another book. I love The Percy Jackson series, Im not jokeing I read 4 out of five of the books in one week. All I have to do now is buy the last book!

67. s.snape2000

YAYAYAYAY!I ABSOLUTLY LOOOOOOVED THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES!AND NOW THIS!Only another thing to be obsessed about!