March 29, 2010

Writing Prompt: Dream Vacation

Posted by at 7:33 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_dreamvacation As April approaches, a lot of you have a spring break coming up. When I was in school, some of my friends would be going to Disney World, or the Caribbean, or some cool exotic location. I, on the other hand, would usually be going. . . to my grandma’s. She lived down the street would babysit me while my mom had to work.

But a girl can dream right? So when I was actually old enough to do some traveling on my own – I visited such places as the rain forests of Costa Rica, the ruins of Greece, the jungles of Vietnam, and the pyramids of Egypt. (A lot of this was helped along by a college program called Semester at Sea by the University of Pittsburgh!) Check out the picture of me in Egypt with the pyramids.

Ratha.Pyramids

I’d love to take my next vacation somewhere where I could veg out in the sun, and people-watch. Maybe a tropical island where all the movie stars go, like St. Lucia. Or maybe France. I’ve never been to Paris, and would love to sit in one of those little sidewalk cafés drinking a fancy cocoa, looking sophisticated, and saying, “Bonjour monsieur.” I’m not sure if I’ll ever get there, but like I said, a girl can dream, right?

What about you? What is your dream vacation? Let us know in the Comments!

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. arw8929

My dream vacation would be to go to Honalulu and sunbathe by the shoreline and swim in the ocean.
    {Minus all the bugs!}

2. Angel 234

i wish my family was rich. i feel very sad.no i feel great.all the comments feel so good. u r the best love,Angel 234

3. ABA-yay!!!!!

Oooooooo, I like this prompt. Ummm…….I would go to Hawaii or the Bahamas for a dream vavcation. Cause I’m just awesome like that!!!!!OH YEAH!!

4. Summer_Icecream22

I would love to go to Barcelona,Spain. It seems so exotic and different than North American.

5. taffygirl

i wuld go to d bahamas. wuld luv 2 c the beautiful turqoise waters, and the free spirited sea animals. i wuld probably go to atlantis also. i mean the rides and waters look amazing. l8r

6. m1025

i would go to washington d.c. i would love to see the white house. i wuold very much like to seehe air and space museum. i have never weant out of my state.

7. Madison

My dream vacation would be going to Los Angelas California and spending all day shopping.( and maybe sneak in a little time for the library of course)

8. crzygirl123

My dream vacation would be to the Harry Potter theme park. It’d be cool to live in Hogwarts. And go to Zonko’s joke shop.

9. s.snape2000

I want to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!I would be like-the best Slytherian EVER!!!!!Ohh!And then I want to go to Diagon Ally and Knockturn Ally.And make a stop at Hogsmade village!!
    HARRY POTTER ROCKS!

10. Ratha

Thanks for all the comments guys! Seriously, keep dreaming and someday you will get there, whether it be your dream vacation or profession in life! Stick to it and you’ll make it happen. You guys rock!

11. mashae

i was siting on the tour bus.looking at the amazing buildings two maybe three stories high into the sky.i could hear the tour man saying”this is Paris.” my mouth hanged down so low it it my lap.All I could think of was:me, a 11 year old girl in Paris,wow!then a sudden familiar voice was calling me,”MASHAE,”it said “MASHAE, WAKE UP,MASHAE,MASHAE YOUR GOING TO MISS THE BUS HURRY”turns out it was my mom trying to wake me up to go to school .when i found out it that it was a dream i said to myself “a girl can dream

12. smileygirl01

I think my dream vacation would be to Hawaii because the farthest I’ve gone from home is Vermont.

13. Caitlin

I would go to France, because I speak Francais very well!, Paris is good, but I would love to go to Chatres because it is a medevil town in 2010, with lots of stained glass windows and cathradles, and apparently in one of the cathradles there is a labyrith, and need to crawl on certain parts, and it is awsome.

14. mintchocolatechip100

I would love to go to anywhere historical thats in Europe. England or France or mabey Germany would be awsome. I’ve been to India a few times and it was awsome too!=D

15. 7cookiesdough

wow that was a very, very ,very, very, good story I would like to go to Paris or maybe England or maybe where you have been it seems alot of fun i would like to go there bu t my mom wont let me go there ands i want to go there when i grow up but you seem like a very nice woman well i hope you add me as a friend bye bye

16. Krecia

I think dat the coolest thing i’ve raed all day and one day i hope i can go the france one day just may be i will

17. liz401

I WOULD LOVE TO BE WHERE U WERE IT SEEMS LIKE A NICE PLACE ON THE PICTURE DID NOT HAVE TIME TO READ BLOG SORRY I WILL READ T NEXT TIME PINKY PROMIES!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE
    STARS&ROCKETS
    LIZ

18. HeroineHiding

I would so totally go to Greece! The Greek Myths are really the only thing I’ve really been able to stick to the past few years, and it would be so awesome to see where they originated. I’d have to go to the Parthenon, and I’d also make a quick stop in Italy, Sicily and Venice.

19. 100PLUSMINT

I would like 2 go 2 a lot of places. I would like 2 go 2 Los Angles, California, France,Paris, and London,England or even Hawaii! I’ve been 2 Colorado,New York,Texas, Jamaica (been there 3 times), Florida, and I just went 2 Puerto Rico this passed summer! IT WAS HOTTT!

20. tinypanda98

I would really like to go to London to see Big Ben and the London Eye.(And also it’s where some of Harry Potter took place!)

21. PhoenixFawkes

I would LOVE going somplace out of the United States. I might go to England, but I am scared to ride in a plane. My dad is also scared for my sister and I. I know it’s unlikley, but my dad wonders if the plane is going to crash. I wonder too. But anyway, I really want to go somwhere exotic.

22. bluecookiedough

My dream vactaion would to got to Cardiff, England to meet the cast of Doctor Who. I would get all dressed up in my Captain Jack t-shirt and a pair of jeans and act in an episode or two. Meet John Barrowman, David Tennant, and maybe even Matt Smith and Karen Gillan! That would be so amazing. =D

23. Madz69274

WOW! I would So be annoyed and just sneak into my friends bag and do to Disney world! I have been there before and it was so cool!

24. Rebecca

I think it would be really cool to go to the Bahamas! My father was in the navy, and got to go there…The way he describes it, sounds beautiful!! I saw a picture and I was all like: ‘Woah! What a beautiful place to visit!’ So it is my goal-Well one of them (my dream JOB) to go to the Bahamas when I am older!! :D

25. unique4898

ratha im sort of like you because i never can go to excited thrilling place,but when im older im going to travel all over the world. to the the Bahams to the Antartica. you are so lucky. like you said “a girl can dream right”

26. D-queen2

OMG I would love to go to Paris, France. But my dad said maybe when Im older we could go how long is that supposed to be?

27. Cooly 11

That’s so cool! I’ve been to France (and Paris!) but none of those other cool places! Well, I’m only 9….

28. Destiny

My dream vacation would be actually to LA ,California. Because it seems like a cool place to relax. But also alot of thngs happen there and they have the best malls and stuff. It seems alwasys sunny and stuff. I would love to go to California.