March 18, 2010

A New Book for Captain Underpants Fans!

Posted by at 9:01 am in Dav Pilkey, Reads, Sneak Peek | Permalink

Ook_gluk Dav Pilkey, the author of the Captain Underpants series, is working on a new book coming out on August 10, 2010. The title of the book is — are you ready for this — The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen From the Future.

OK, with a title like that, I don't think I even need to say any more. It goes without saying the book is going to be every bit as hilarious as Captain Underpants. I'm laughing just looking at the cover!

9780545175302_LR
Speaking of the cover, what do you think is going on there? Leave a comment telling us what you think Ook and Gluk are doing and saying!

1. dave

i think the afro-dude is saying:”COOL! we’re going 2 the future!” and i think the blonde guy is saying:”DUDE!this is gonna be TOTALLY WICKED!”

2. NHOJDISASTER

I am a fan of Captain Underpants. I have the whole series. It is funny and hilarious. I can’t wait for the new book to come out.

3. cocoa bubbles

i think i used to like captain under pants when i was in elementary school, but now i would probably by this funny book for my brother.

4. jeffson

i love the cover are you going to make a movier i wish you make a movier because this books sound so cool it is so awsome

5. Kylie

I used to love captain underpants in third grade but I don’t read it anymore . Its kinda old for me since I am in fourth grade .

6. bunch8

omg!i loooooooooooooooooooooooooove captain u.sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. SUGARLAND

this book seems pretty good, judging from the cover and if its anything like captain underpants, i’m reading it 4 sure!

8. morgan808

i love captin underpants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he is so awesome and mint choclote chip 100…..

9. Rules23

I really thin that how to train ur dragon will be a good movie and nice pictures 2!!!
    ohd and harriet the spy looks kind of dumb
    because it just does

10. Jenna

I think the brown haired dude is going to be like, “Dinosaurs! Run!” Then the blonde guy is going to be like, “Dinosaur! Cool! Pretty, Butterfly!”
    I thought they were done with the series!
    CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS ROCKS/RULES! YEAH!

11. B

I use to be a fan of these books. IN like first to second grade. but then i stopped reading them. so i think i wanna read this book.lol the cover looks nice.

12. seasonlife

The afro dude says “You like my double chin?”
    I think the men look like George and Harold. DUH-UH!

13. Miranda

i agree with the first comemt. if you want to read a good book go to the twilight series. estead of some old dumb picture book that dosen’t even make much sense.
    the boy on the left is saying,Why is everybody wearing werid clothes now a days? The boy on the right is saying, i think they’re form the future. [lol]

14. MBA

i like you because i like all the captinunderpants books this is the book that i am talking about the naughty invaision of the lunch laidies

15. mintchocolatechip100

Ook: Look, aren’t those dino teeth AWSOME?!
    Gluk: Umm… dude, that thing won’t eat us will it?

16. Michelle

when is the new Capt underpants book coming out? What about the diaper baby books, anymore of them coming out?

17. P

omg omg omg omg omg i looooorrrrve capeetan underrrrrrrr…..PANTS. aand i am like so sherrrrr that iiiii wiiilllll loooooooorrrrve this loveeelylylyly book juuuust azzz muuuuuchCHCHCHCHCHCH. and i am gooooying to eat sum ricek kakes.

18. purple-owl

Oh-kay…. very weird… the dudes kinda look like the great-great-great-great grandkids of George and Harold. Also, cavemen aren’t from the future and they are too dumb to learn kung-fu:

19. Lucy

I love Captain Underpants! And yeah, it is “dumb,” that’s the point! That’s why it’s funny.
    I think Ook is saying, “Dude, we totally whupped those ninjas!” and Gluk is all, “YEAH MAN!” and etc. I have no explanation for the mechanical dino.

20. Candysplash

Cool! I might want to read that. And, by the way, I don’t think Captain Underpants is dumb at all!

21. Josephine

I think the afro-guy is saying, “Are you SURE my hairstyle is back in style?”
    Blond Dude says, “‘Course not! I can’t believe that you actually like your hairstyle! Now the picture is taken and I’m the only guy with stylish hair. Ha!”