March 31, 2010

39 Clues Live Chat with Gordon Korman

Posted by at 3:56 pm in Gordon Korman | Permalink

39clues_130

The 39 Clues Book #8: The Emperor’s Code is here, and time is running out to read it before our live chat with the author, Gordon Korman!

WHO: Gordon Korman, author of The 39 Clues Book #2: One False Note and Book #8: The Emperor’s Code
WHEN: Thursday April 8, 2010 6-7 PM E.T. (3-4 PM P.T.)

WHERE: THE STACKS (Read below for sign-in instructions.)

TOPIC: The 39 Clues!

While you’re waiting, check out the chatter and make new friends on The 39 Clues Message Board

And if you don’t have Book 8 yet, here is a video preview from Gordon Korman.

We have fun Live Chats here every month. Sign up for our Live Chat reminders and we will send you an e-mail a couple days before all future chats to remind you to join!

— STACKS Staffers

This chat already happened, but you can enjoy reading the
transcript

1. tinkie

i never read them books but my friend jaheim he bought one with his book fair money at school one day book fair are awesome and i seen it be for and it look cool

2. Blackamber176

FORGOT SOMETHING I HAVE ONLY 1 FRIEND ON SCHOLASTIC WEIRD RIGHT well MY DOGS ARE CRYING BECAUSE THEY ARE LOCKED IN A CAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. catchingaphrodite1

I think its going to be a really good book.I just love there books. I hope it turns out to be a really good book.

4. lil miz diva

we have that in my library at school but only this one dude reads them lol im like r those even good books? he was like yeah and i was like okay bye!!! lol

5. lil miz diva

how long does it take to write a book like 3 months? how long i really would like to no please write back whoever is wrote that message thingy thank you HAPPY SPRING!-lil miz diva

6. cheery23

i would like to be part of these games because i like games like this . if anyone is willing to help me then that’ll be great my name is cheery 23

7. 5213cookiecloud

ummmmmmmmmm… I don`t know anything about 39 clues because I just sign up right now (january 21, 2011) but you can go on my proffie!

8. tiara m

hi its me i love your books i have a couple of questions for you 1)what is the book really about please respond back byeee

9. SecretAndShyGirl

I haven’t got the chance to even finish the first book, so i have no idea wut they’re talking about! :(

10. dan_ninjalord_highness

the 39 clues is so great…
    we have a group at school here in the philippines on the 39 clues, but of course i dont share my own clues…
    but it was not steady so after a mo. or so its dead…
    but i am still addicted to the clues…
    i <3 it

11. money013

hay people my name is money013 do you want to be my friend?hi mr.korman everyone is talkin about the 39 clues i think it is cool too.
    rite back,
    money013

12. Analicia

IF ANYONE IS MY FRIEND CAN YOU POST A MESSAGE FOR ME BECAUSE I WOULD REAALY LIKE TO MAKE FRIENDS

13. Analicia

HEY I’M GONNA GO TO THE LIBRARY AND GET THE BOOOK 39 CLUES BUT I DONT KNOW IF I’M GONNAL LIKE IT A SOON AS I START READIN IT CAN YOU HELP ME DECIDE IF I SHOULD GET THE BOOK OR NOT

14. Analicia

OMG I HEARD THAT THIS IS GOOD A BOOK I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO READ CAN YOU TELL ME IF ITS REALLUY THAT GOOD PLEASE I KNOW I AM A NEW CHARACTER BUT I COULD BECOME FRIENDS WITH ANYONE

15. 23409

i cant wiat for it to the books and more plu i like the the seris of 39 cluse even know i have never read them

16. Mz.M

i think my school is the BEST school ever……..TUESDAY 6-15-2010 was the last day of school…..it was so fun….i already miss school and its only been one day!!!!!!!I LOVE YOU!!!!thankyou all teachers for pushing your studennts so hard so we could be better studdents!!!!!>>>>>>:)MY SCHOOL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!AND ALSO CLASS OF 2017!!!!

17. Mz.M

Hi, im the #1 fan of Diary of a Whimpy KId book…….I think Jeff the one dat write them came up with some good ideas…….>>>>>i read all the series….!!!i just enjoys those books!!!

18. miss735

ive herd bout tat book its dumb if u wanna say something back comment to miss735 on stacks ill deal wit it

19. Kassidy

Hey is any body there? I am bored and need a friend! By the way, these books are awesome! I am also annoyed because there is a really annoying bird chirping outside my windo that won’t shut up!

20. Cassidy

well first off I LOVE reading and your books are amazing they keep me on edge and reading non-stop so Please continue writing them thank you.

21. tweetybird1600

i have heard of this book and really wanted to read it but never had the time. this book seems really cool!. I love readong!

22. mz swaga

hi mz gordan how are u.will u be my freind cause all my other freinds left me all they doin is talking to each other and other people every day itell them to send me a post and they say oh and in one minute they continue to do the same thing they been doin i think they ant my freinds any more and thats why every day i feel like they’re agnoring me on scholastic.in real life we are freinds but not on scholastic.

23. jay

get on now a over 11:00 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. whitneys

what is this book all about i just dont know i need some friends look at this and youll know how desparate i am to get friendsz really really really desparate

25. Kendra

i’m am so happy today i don’t know why i’m just so happy today i just do’nt know why are all u guys are happy because i’m happy

26. MZ M

YOU GUYS EVERY ONE ON STACKS ADD ME AND MY SISTER TO BE UR FRIEND MY LIL LIL SIS NEED SOME FRIENDS LOOK FOR TAY LOR BAD

27. johanna

hi my name is johanna and i like cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. gymnast42

anyone wanna be my friend plz tell me…. i am fun love penguins and love to talk to people..plz tak to me!!!!!!

29. gymnast42

i have never read the book and i am not sure if i should read them…if u think i should then plz tell me…gymnast42

30. basketball101

i have only read the first book of the thirty-nine clues and it was awesome!!! i liked so so much. amy and dan were in tons of adventures. im lad that they took the clues instead of the money!!!

31. coolyo3

I want to be a writer too. Now how long does it take? How many pages should a chapter have and do they have to be the same as the other?:)! I love writing and reading and when I have to go to recess my teacher lets me stay inside because I am reading. I mean I have the biggest addiction on writing and reading. That once I went to the doctor from getting a rash on my arm From not going outside and OH ya I forgot that I also read in the dark too!:)

32. dj17green

MAN!!! I bruised my little toe TERRIBLY, Like, right next to it being broke on the day and could’nt do it!

33. Me (you know, me, remember?)

Hello Mr. Korman (and whoever else is reading this) I would just like to say that I like your books, but you kind of exaggerate the importance of the 39 clues. Especially in your book eight interview. I think you should be less secretive or serious about it. I mean, if you reveal some things that you’re not supposed to, you won’t get killed or arrested, the only thing that would happen would be that several million 39 clues fans would get mad at you for revealing the storyline when thay want to read it for themselves… You know what, scratch that and continue with what you’r doing. Thanks!

34. Michelle E

Hey I am a great fan of Clue 39 and I have read all the books so dont try to be mean to any one!!
    Don’t look back just keep looking forward ~~~~ By: Natalie M H
    a great student in my class

35. soccerfeva

I loved the book. The circled words are really sentences. Write all the words on a paper and it will form a couple of sentences. I really want to know what Nellie is hiding. It’s not fair that we have to wait so long.

36. ou freak

I’ve heard that it is a good book to.My friend Jacob said that it is a really good book and that I need to read them

37. Manvir

Hi, Mr. Gordon. I have read all your books. I am a fan of all your series and not series, especially the on the run series. Not to mention Kidnapped. I have read all your books. It’s hard not to include you in the 39 clues series by your work. I am wondering, how long does it take to write a simple book? Plus, if you know and/or met Rick Riorden, (I forgot how to spell his name) can you ask him why he didn’t bother to continue the 39 clues series when he was off to a great start and would double the amount of fans of the percy jackson and the olympians series. Thanks. P.s. if you can’t answer the second question, at least answer the first!

38. ekat_spy_16

i cant beleive i missed it! oh well do you think that they will have another chat with someone else? i hope so! the books are great i dont have the latest book, unfortunately but the book place in my town doesnt have it yet so i have to be patient! but trust me, i DONT want to be! i look kinda like amy! well, a LOT like amy! and who all here loves the twilight movies? I am in LOVE with Jacob he…. is….CUTE!

39. yungmula123

i’ve heard that its a good book we have it in our class it looks interesting my cousin have read they can’t stop!!!!!!

40. Lucian

@Alex, ah… Just wondering, why are you talking about Twilight when we’re talking about The 39 Clues? Lol.

41. Alex

NOT 2 ME i think Jasper or Emmet or Edward but Jacob i dont like him hes goes with renesme not bell by the way renesme is Bella and Edwards daughter

42. Music4Evah

I asked Mr. Korman about Ian and Amy. He replied: “Thanks for asking me the most sensitive question in the 39 Clues. :P ” Lolz! Chat was fun.

43. Michelle

Hi I am a huge fan of The 39 Clues books and I have a few questions and ideas. First I think that you should talk to some people and try and get a movie started. Also how do you figure out the clues in the front of the books!
    Please awnser my questions and or my concerns
    Michelle

44. A True Madrigal.

Awesome,first one to talk!I LOVE THE 39 CLUES!If you have seen my other comment you know how much i love it!