February 12, 2010

Starstruck for Sterling Knight

Posted by at 8:08 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Sterling_130 If you like Sterling Knight in Sonny with a Chance, then we have a really sweet Valentine’s Day present for you. He will be starring in the new music-filled Disney Channel original movie, StarStruck premiering on Sunday, February 14th at 8pm ET.

I just watched the screener provided by Disney to members of the press (It’s a tough job but someone has to do it.) and I can tell you for sure that Sterling Knight is adorable in this movie! I could go on but I’ll stop now, and let Sterling Knight tell you more about the movie in this interview with Scholastic. (Sadly I did not get to interview him myself. Marie Morreale had that honor!)

Sterling_danielle Q: Describe your character in StarStruck.
Sterling:
Well his name’s Christopher Wilde and he’s an insanely successful pop star. He’s been doing this since he was a child so this is really the only life he knows and unfortunately that’s his greatest downfall is his inability to relate to normal people. He drives all these fancy cars and lives this crazy Hollywood lifestyle and he ends up meeting this girl that says everything that no one else will say to him and really kind of changes everything for him and you get to watch him go through this really interesting progression of accepting the fact that he can’t relate and you have to grow up a little bit and mature and look for the more important things in life other than fancy cars and good times.

Q: Is there a book he would recommend?
Sterling:
Probably his autobiography.

Q: What’s his most redeeming quality?
Sterling: I think his most redeeming quality is the fact that he’s so oblivious to the fact that he’s unaware. H’s a good-hearted person. It just sometimes doesn’t come off that way because he’s so unaware. At the end he redeems himself and comes through but I think that’s his most redeeming quality. I think it’s just adorable to watch someone that really has no clue.

StarstruckQ: Do you identify with your character in StarStruck?
Sterling:
A little bit. Not so much just because he deals with all this crazy paparazzi pressure and these kind of high stakes, high pressure situations in regards to his career and I haven’t really gotten there yet. I’m on a really smooth enjoyable ride right now. But I do have friends that deal with the paparazzi and what not and I’ve seen it firsthand. It was nice to have that kind of experience, watching someone else go through with it to draw from and pretend like this is something I deal with on a daily basis.

Q: When did you see this firsthand?
Sterling:
I was in Vancouver visiting some friends of mine that were shooting some stuff up there. I went on a little walk with Vanessa Hudgens. We were walking to a convenience store. I was thirsty. I wanted to get a soda and some chips or whatever and there were these crazy people running after Vanessa trying to grab pictures and autographs and what not so it was really funny to be going to do something abstract, walking to a convenience store and having some lady run in front of you and then stop to take twenty-five, thirty pictures and then run ahead some more to grab more photos of you walking. It’s just really surreal.

Q: How does this movie compare to your other projects?
Sterling:
Well, I’m one of the leads in the film which was definitely a big change. It was interesting to see how that goes, having more to do, not so much downtime on set. Which is really fun, at the same time very different. Once you get used to having at least six hours out of the day that you just get to sit in the trailer and watch movies or listen to music or something so that was probably the biggest difference.

Q: What are you going to remember most about this movie?
Sterling_brandon Sterling:
The one thing I’m gonna remember most is that it was just really really fun. Brandon Smith who plays Nico on “Sonny With a Chance” is just really fun because we get along really well. And on the show we have to pretend like we hate each other so it was really nice to showcase that we get along really well on camera as opposed to just off of it. And I’ve known Chelsea Staub for a number of years and it was just really nice to work with her. And this new girl Danielle Campbell was really really talented. Just shooting around L.A. at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and all these iconic locations was really exciting and just a lot of fun.

Q: What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of?
Sterling:
I think if my brother and sister tell anybody that I’m a good big brother that’s probably the thing that I’m most proud of. We’re really close and even though we’re separated by a significant age difference- my brother’s fourteen and my sister’s eleven while I’m twenty. So I think if they ever tell anybody that I helped them in any way or I was a good big brother and they got to learn from my mistakes and my accomplishments, that’s probably the biggest thing.

Q: Any embarrassing stories from when you were in school?
Sterling:
Oh gosh, how much time do you have? There was one time I fell asleep in class on accident and woke up very abruptly screaming, “No clown, no!” That was fairly awkward for me. I was in elementary school playing basketball and I completely faceplanted and had to walk around for a week with what looked like a third eye coming over my head. That was fairly exciting. Lots of good times. [laughs]

Q: Your favorite type of pizza topping is. . .
Sterling:
Pepperoni and jalapenos.

Q: And finally what would you like your fans to know about you?
Sterling:
I’m really not as mean as I appear on television. I try and be a nice guy and I feel like my parents have raised me properly and I try to be very gracious and cordial and polite so I’m not as mean as I look on television and I try to be very personable.

Like I said, adorable, right? Need more proof? Here’s a video clip from the movie, StarStruck.

Although, I do have to say one thing to girls reading this: if you’re walking alone at night after a concert and a door hits you in the head, no matter how adorable or friendly or famous the person is who accidentally hit you, no matter how sick you feel, don’t get in his car with him! That only works in movies. In real life it’s a BAD IDEA!! What you should do instead is get on your cell phone and call your parents, or call a cab to take you to the emergency room. OK?

Interview by Marie Morreale
Photos and video courtesy of Disney Channel

1. Rong

Hi!I’m a junior high school student from “Taiwan”.I like Sterling very much.Who can tell me where is the Sterling’s page?(I’m not very good at English.)

2. Linda

OMG! I HONOR HIM, I HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM THAT I KEEP BY MY BED ONA TABLE. IF YOU ARE READING THIS I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!

3. morgan

HE IS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! CUTE IM SEVEN.BUT I LOVE HIM TO DETH AND LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU ALOT!!

4. nuttyspring

i think they could’ve picked a different guy to play Christopher Wilde cause im not a fan of Sterling night but the movie was GREAT!!! i loved it!!!

5. FloralDynamite

I luv to watch disney movies! this 1 will rock im sure! ive always wanted to star in a movie! maybe i can ask some1? hahahha!like theyd want a kid like me!

6. Sea Maiden

omg Sterling Knight came to the mall I live and my mom let me go there i got an autograph i got a picture with him and i hugged him he’s sooo cute and i like the movie i never washed the clothes i wore when he hugged me!!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!!

7. H

Starstruck is the best movie ever, but I did not get to see the ending and I really want to see the ending,well the last 33 minutes of it and then I would probably be like wow this is the best ever and there is not another movie that is better then starstruck, but I wish I was Jessica Olsen and I could meet Sterling Knight and then my life would be the best and I would feel that my life is complete.

8. Family107

My Parents didn’t allow me to watch it because it had a lot of kissing in it and that is not appropriate for my age. Which is 11. I am 11.

9. krystalkobra

i saw the movie and fell in luv with it! sterling knight is my 3rd favorite actor.
    taylor l.,lucas t.,and …sterling!:)

10. geniuspanda123

the movie is hilarious and sterling knight being so cute does not hurt either. i luved the clown story. LOL!!!

11. syd17

he looks young ,and i think the girl was kind of rude so i dont really want to watch it. i know it was a movie but they should of made her look nice and sound nicer.

12. sterling fan 9195

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi h h h h h h h h h h h h h i i i i i i i i i i i i i.I LOVE YOUR SHOW STARSTRUCK IT WAS COOL WHEN YOU ALMOST FRGOT TO MACK IT TO YOUR PARTY AT YOUR HOUSE I AM 8 YERS OLD OK BYE.

13. megan

hi has any one seen starstruck……….i love that movie and sterling is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Tia

i love him so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But he isnt as cute as Jacob Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. katrina

I don’t like Sterling Knight at all!Sorry,but it’s just my opinion.Plus,i don’t find him cute.again please forgive for my comment.if you heard the saying everyones different,than you should know what i mean.ty for erading my comment.

16. michaela

iI* LOVE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=) =D

17. jasmine

This book is the best book
    eveeeeeeer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. michaela

your movie is so kool i watch it every time it is on P.S you should make same more movies on dinsey channel bye love you

19. codi!!

i want to see that movie it seems cool i want it to be on disney channel so i can watch it and i want to be that girl!!!!!!!!

20. Basketball Rocks!!!!!!!!!

This is a really good show i can watch it over and over again alot. It is sooooooooo good i love this show.

21. Monica

OMG i love sterling knight he is so cute i am in love with him he did such a good job in starstruck i love him i hope he keeps on singignn he has a great voice to.

22. kaykay112

Well i’ve seen the movie 3 times!!!!!! it’s got so boring by the 2 n 3 time i saw it but nothin else was on! he is a great actor but i thin he is so not going to marry fans and is not that cute no offense to him!
    love, hugs, peace
    that’s nice! kaitlyn

23. hannah852

Dear, sterling knight
    i hope you actually read this in person and not get one of your people to answer for you, but your a great actor.
    love, you your fan HANNAH

24. Mrs. Sterling Knight

I LOVE HIM I HAV MOERE THEN 10 POSTERS OF HIM ON MY WALL!!! Im his biggest fan and also his soon to be wife LOL

25. phoenixfeatherwands

OMG!! I saw the movie, and it was AWSOME!! Maggie Castle and Daneille Campbell are totally amazing actresses, and I hope they do more movies. Stubby was cool! I almost DIED at the scene where Christopher and Jessica almost KISSED!! I was so freaked out, I nearly cried! I hope that Sterling Knight does more movies. I so can’t believe he’s TWENTY!!! :D :) OMG, he’s TWENTY!!!

26. Lauren

Why are people obsessed with Sterling? Plus, he is 20, no offense to Sterling if you’re reading this, but ewww for girls under 16. You can’t date him. And you don’t know him, so it is not possible unless you are at least 19. That’s all I’m saying.

27. starstruck1164

i loved the movie so much i watched it like 400 times and when i exercise i play party up,something about the sunshine,shades, and everything else its my favorite movie but please have a second movie of starstruck

28. Carol a

Sterling Knight is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!way gorgeou, like who wouldnt like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. ohsh

he’s 20?!!?!?!?!
    he looks so young!
    whatever, he’s a total cutie.
    his eyes are so gorgeous.
    this was such an adorable movie too.

30. ashley264

HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. ashley264

HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. sterlinglover54839208

I cant wait 2 see it with my bffl, taylor on valentines day best movie for the holiday ,sterlinglover 54839208

33. lulu16753

Heyyyyyy, i cant wait till da movie comes out on disney chanel!!! it would be cool to see the movie on set tho with me bffjill Kate! PEACE,LOVE,OUTTA HERE!!!!

34. Laura

God I love this guy. So cute, and funny and down-to-earth. What a sweetheart. I wish him all the best. He definitely deserves it! :D

35. Eboni

Ok…people are obsessed with him why? He’s not that cute people….i mean he is cute but not gorgeous!! he has a babee-face…(no im not hatin on him just because he is famous and im not!!!:D)

36. sweetpea97

omg i cant wait to c that movie!!!! i would luv to co-star with him sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he is @ very cooooool actor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [and he is cute]

37. ponygir10

everybody in the world knows NOT to get in the car with someone they don’t know and I want to see this soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

38. readingstar5

I completely and utterly repect Mr. Knight, but I do not have a sincere liking for him.
    I think he is quite talented in his acting qualities, and he has many who admire that.
    I’m not a major fan, but as I recalled before, I truly repect Sterling.