February 5, 2010

Percy Jackson! The Lightning Thief Movie Cast!

Pjato_130 Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief hits theaters February 12th. Last week we brought you an interview with Alexandra Daddario who plays Annabeth. Some of you are less than pleased with the ways the movie will be different from the book. But for those of you who are still really excited about the movie anyway. . . here's some more! We chatted with Logan Lerman who plays Percy, and Brandon T. Jackson who plays Grover. First let's hear from Logan. . .

Q: Were you a fan of the Percy Jackson books before you were cast in the movie?
Logan Logan:
No, I actually didn't know anything about them and then I asked around to my younger cousins, and I guess it is a huge thing for the younger generation. Because Harry Potter is more for the older teens now, and the younger kids want to find something for themselves.
[Ratha: Interesting. I never thought of it that way.]

Q: Did you read any of them after you got the part?
Logan:
Yeah I read the first one. I didn't invest any time in the other four yet, because I hate to read them and get so attached to them if we're not doing the sequel. So once they greenlight number two, I'll be reading all of them!

Q: Describe Percy. What's he like?
Logan:
An unlikely hero. You don't expect the hero to be some teenager in Brooklyn, and he ends up saving the world.
[Ratha: Hmm. . . my Spidey senses are tingling. Except I think that was Queens.]

Logan_2 Q: What do you think kids can learn from Percy?
Logan:
It's that you can be anyone and make a difference. It doesn't matter how old you are or what you look like — you can make a difference in any situation.

Q: Did you get to do any of your own stunts?
Logan:
Oh I did all of them. Our goal was to try to use the actual actors as much as possible. [With the lightning bolt shooting parts] we're actually flying around on wires in this huge stage in a 360 green-screen stage and doing all this stuff, and they're just adding in the effects later. So when you're watching and you're thinking, "Oh is that really them?" It really is us.
[Ratha: Now you can add "Lightning Bolt Battle" to your resume!]

Q: Is this the first really big action film that you've done?
Logan:
Yeah, yeah it is. I've done a few other films but nothing as grand as this. Not as much green-screen involved and insane action sequences. This is an amazing movie. I haven't read any script as action packed as this one.

Q: Do you have a “favorite” god or goddess?
Logan:
I've gotten this a few times. I'm still sticking with Poseidon, and Percy's the coolest too. To be able control the seas and horses — I just think that's awesome.

Q: Is there any other character in this book that you would have liked to play also?
Logan:
I think Grover is just a lot of fun. There's so much you can do with that character, that it's just a playground for any actor. Brandon T. Jackson makes that character come alive in such a cool way.

[Ratha: What a perfect way to segue into Part II of our interview with. . . none other than Brandon T. Jackson, who plays Grover. We started with the same question. Notice the similarity in answers.]

Q: Were you a fan of the Percy Jackson books before you were cast in the movie?
Brandon:
You know I didn't even know about the Percy Jackson books at first until my little sister had it at the house and I'm like, “What is this Percy Jackson book?” and then when I found out they were doing a movie, I went back and I read the books and I was like, “Whoah.”

Q: Did you have to train before starting the film?
Brandon:
Yeah they put me, Logan and Alex [who plays Annabeth] through a three-week boot camp. We learned sword fighting and dagger work. We had to lift weights and get in shape. I have crutches in the film, so I had to learn how to fight with my crutches.
[Ratha: Wow sword fighting boot camp? One of the perks of being an actor!]

Q: They CGI your legs later on in the film?
Brandon:
Yeah, it's CGI but it looks so cool. It looks so real. People are gonna flip when they see it.

Q: Is there any other character you would have liked to portray other than Grover?
Brandon:
Uh-uh. I couldn't have. Grover is so me. If it wasn't Grover, I just would have been a fan of the books and the movie.

Q: What do you think about the comparisons to Harry Potter?
Brandon:
I guess I'm Rupert [the actor plays Ron]. [laughs] It is like Harry Potter but not really. It's done well, like the first Harry Potter movie was done really well. Chris Columbus has a habit of doing things really well.
[Ratha: Chris Columbus is the director of The Lightning Thief, and also directed the first Harry Potter movie.]
Brandon: Of course you can compare it in a way but at the same time, Percy Jackson is its own story. There's a different movie, different sound, different adventure. It takes place in present day, and it's not British.

Percy_jackson_hand Q: Is there a character from any other book that you would like to play?
Brandon:
Besides Grover I can't think of one, because fantasy is my thing. I love fantasy movies, I love magical movies and it's weird because being African American has different literature. You have African American literature you learn about in school, you have your mainstream or whatever. And I went to a multi-racial school so I would learn about everything. I never understand. Man, why don't I ever see a brother, a black man in fantasy? So I'm writing my own children's fantasy book. It's an African American story but at the same time it's for everybody.
[Ratha: That's so exciting. I'll definitely be watching out for it.]
Brandon: Certain fantasy movies, African Americans are there, but we're not there. Like if you watch Harry Potter we're there, but not the leads. We don't drive the story. But you know it's life. It's nothing to complain about, I'm just telling you it's fact. So I'm excited to break that barrier. Will Smith did it with the aliens. But I wanna be the first with the magical lane which is pretty tough to do.

Personally, I think I'm going to have nightmares about Medusa's hair. What about you guys? Planning to see the movie? Big fan of the books? Let me know in the Comments! Until next time, may the gods look favorably upon you!

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

Interview by Marie Morreale
Photos courtesy of 20th Century Fox

1. Maxine

They need the actors to look like the description and they should be the right age because the were all 12 in the first book.

2. jaida

i have been reading the series it is really good i can’t wait befor i see the movie i think the movie will be great.

3. Lillie

It was a good movie but not at all like the book. And, they can’t make a sequel because they made Luke die. The rest of the books have Luke in them!!! I wouldn’t reccomend seeing it if you like the books.

4. maria

i love the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Haley

I Can’t what to Wach It Today GO PERCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A.K.A seaweedbrain come on seaweedbrain! 1 thing is I it was like the book. I love logan

6. anna

Percy is so cool ! I love the books so much!! i cant wait for the movie! Annabeth and Percy are just so perfect !!

7. puppies125

What is all this stuff about Harry Potter being for “older teens”? I am ten, I started Harry Potter when I was seven and finished when I was nine. But then again, I was reading chapter books at age four. :)

8. puppies125

I saw the movie and it makes the book seem bad. the book is completely amazingly awesomely TERRIFIC.

9. Sydney

I can’t wait until Oct. 12. that’s when The lost hero, the first book in Rick Riordan’s new series, The Heros of olympus (it’s a spin off of the Percy Jakson series)comes out!
    Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. matthew

i love percy jackson i am the biggest fan i know every thing about it but for people that have not seen the movie it is way off.
    GO PERCY AND GOOD LUCK FIGHT KRONOS HOPE YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Sydney

Okay, that picture up there, the one with the pitchfork tatoo? Yeah I know it’s supposed to be a trident, but it looks like a pitchfork. Anyways, it’s not in the movie. I’m thinking that maybe it will be in the deleted scenes on the dvd.

12. mary

oh my gosh you got to talk to the actors, lucky! the books were amazing, excpeciely the 5th one luved it! saw the movie already it was AWSOME!

13. taytayluvsissy

I love lightning theif.I chose this book for a book report and I it seemed inpossible to put the book down.I just started book two.

14. Jill

From what I have heard amberdragon it is nothing like the store at all that is what my friend said to me and that is why I am not going to but I am just going to read the books and be happy that I did.

15. P.J

Best movie ever ive been bragging to all my friends that it was a great movie if there is a dvd coming out i am so going to buy it :)

16. Angela

I saw the movie with the whole middle school and it was good but the book is better. They skiped a couple of parts in the movie.

17. MAIA

OMG i love Percy Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go greek mythology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Rick Riordan’s biggest fan.

18. Seaweed brain99

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED the books. So far, In am on my 3rd book and i’m so waiting to read the 4th and 5th.I watched the movie and I liked it!! I was a little dissapointed though. It was because the book has Ares in it and the movie doesn’t it was sad!!!!

19. CAlover300

OMG love percy jackson i saw it the day it came out !!!!!!!! alone with my 2 bff’s! it was an awsome movie i loved it! i just love it :D cant wait till they kiss at the end of movie :D DDD OH MY HECK YA! and ima go on my email so i can SEND EVERYONE TO WATCH PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!! thank you for reading!

20. victoria

i watched it!!!!! it was absolutely amazing!!!!! but it was very different from the book, but it was still good….(i missed clarisse, she wasnt in it–i think)

21. Vivian

the movie rox! it was so good! i like so totally recomend it. it just rocks! i’ve seen it three times now… I geuss I’ll go see it again sometime soon.

22. Madison

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
    although they make the charecters in the movie way to old they are sapose to be tweleve.
    Not to mention Annebeths hair is BLOND not BRUNETTE,GOSH!!!
    And Grover he is not black (no offince)!!
    But still it will be a good movie :)

23. jade 1999

The books are the best and I can’t wait to see the move also I really like the boy who plays Percy Jackson. LOVE THE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Lollypopkid44

I think the Percy Jackson series is great. It reminds me of Harry Potter which I also love. I want to see the movie so,so,so bad!

25. Josephine

I liked the books a lot so I expect to like the movie but the books will always be better because they give you more details. I like to always read a book and then see its movie. I can’t wait to see it. But I wished that they would remember that Percy is supposed to be 11 here!

26. Haerts123

I saw the movie today. All I have to say is it was good but REALLY different! So that’s a heads up for the people who have read the book but haven’t seen the movie! SUPER different! But don’t forget, it still was really GOOD!

27. redbella

Okay, I saw the movie yesterday and i have to admit it was pretty cool. The only problem? It was totally unlike the book, they left out half the people in the book, and the only thing that was right in the movie and the books was their names. There was no Clarise, no Mr.D, and no Thalia. NO THALIA!!! I’m really ticked now.>:(

28. minifriskie123

I already saw the movie, and it’s great. the only prob is that they changed the whole thing so I didn’t really know what it was about.

29. jordan

I love the books but the cast is off and the movie was a total downer on the book and it strayed from the main plot. They also took out some of the main characters from the book. They took out sooooo much that it makes me want to redirect a new version that’s by the book.

30. Clara

The movie in itself was good, but based on the book, it didn’t stick to it that much. I’d still see it again, though. And I’m also wondering why there’s no interview with the girl who plays Annabeth.

31. cn

Of all the gods Artimis is the best!She thinks for herself and is a archer like me I got into the sport because of Artimis.In the moive they left everything out exept for like 5 seconds

32. Haerts123

I looooove the books but I hear that the movie is horrible to the ones who’ve read it because some people don’t look like how you imagined them. Plus, they added and subtracted some big parts. It’s awesome for the ones who haven’t read the book thoe!

33. readingfangirl

wow i am so exctited for the MOVIE i just went to the thearters saturday an the moveie was……………………………………………..GREAT/PERFECT/FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. abi loves pie

YES YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO RIGHT CRYSTAL! THATS WHAT I THOUGHT TO AND ANNIBETHS HAIR IS SUPOSED TO BE BLOND DUHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. amber!!

I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!! i have read them all ten times in a row and my mom had to hide my books so i couldnt read them any more!! just so u know, the movie is NOTHING like the book at all! i saw the very first showing in the world and i was so mad after i saw it!!! it would be a good movie if you didnt compare it or read the books! GO GROVER!!

36. Sarah

Me and my friend(let’s call her Maya*)saw it. Maya* and me LOVED it! GO PERCY JACKSON!!! GO GROVER!!! GO ANNABETH!!!

37. Pinkhorse11

I saw it today! It was awsome, especially when Percy, Grover, and Annabeth fought Madusa. And it was funny when her head ended up in the fridge when Gabe went in it to get a drink. I hope they make a second movie!

38. Sydney

I saw this movie today and LOVED it!!!! It isn’t exactly like the book but it’s still good. Some people will get really worked up about the differences. I was really worked up about it but then I decided to just relax and try to enjoy the movie. So I did and I LOVED it!!!!
    I know a lot of people are complaining about the movie. Some of us have a different opinion. Please respect that.
    *** Possible spoiler if you haven’t seen the movie***
    I like the how they did the Lotus Hotel and Casino. I also loved the music that they played in that scene.
    I was a little dissapionted that they didn’t put in the battle with Aries but, I think that it was still a good movie.
    ***Possible spoiler end***
    If you liked the book(and you relax about the differences) you will most likely like the movie.

39. peppersneeze

I have read the whole series and so has my buddy. We saw it a few days ago and it was awesome, but the book was a lot better.

40. Isaiah

This book rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. Crystal

that was a great movie and love the book but just make the other 1 like that and that would be great and so loved the ending off it was great loved everything about it was just when u make some more i am going to see it all of them that is how great and the books are great read them for my self and loved it i am not a teacher at all bye this is Crystal

42. redbella

i dont want to see the movie because its so different from the books wich are like this close to being as good as harry potter!!!!;)

43. W

I saw the movie on Monday!
    It’s AWESOME!!!!!
    I reccomend it and the book to anyone who loves adventure. It probably taught me more greek then
    I ever will.

44. T

This movie was okay, but the sword fighting was really lame. Personally, a seven year old could fight with a sword better than Annabeth in the movie. I would suggest that you don’t waste your money on this not great movie from an awesome book series.

45. c dog

this is the best seires ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. bieberfan_07

Percy Jackson and the Olympians is the best book EVER written i luv the series!!!and…….i can’t wait 2 watch da movie it’s gonna b awsome!!!!

47. oneorangeshoelace

Okay, AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, I’ve read the series twice and I’ve been waiting for this movie since the beginning of last summer.
    My only problem is this: do you see Percy’s… what is that… an iPhone? iTouch? I can’t tell… anyway, two problems: a) no way PJ can afford one of those; I know I can’t b) CELL PHONE SIGNALS ATTRACT MONSTERS. Someone pointed that out to me.

48. crazy chick

I’ve read all of the books and I’ve seen the movie. I LuRvE Grover! The’s alot cooler on-screen than in my head. ;)

49. Jacob V

i havent read the book…yet also never seen the movie probaly nobody yet but it looks really cool so i might but if not WHO CARES!im just a 8 year old and its PG 13 I THINK so I have to see with parents ok bye look for more of me at the RL Stine thing!

50. Karen

I loved the books, but I was really unhappy with the movie. They changed everything except the characters names. It was really disappointing.

51. poplove me123

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. Victoria

The movie was awesome! I watched it Friday the 12th aka the day it came out ASAP, which was about one hour after school ended.

53. Sydney

I love this movie. If they DO make a second one, I’m totally watching. All the characters fit into their places. Each one had a cute little personality they brought on screen.

54. bunch8

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55. bunch8

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56. Madison

i saw this movie and it was like not accurate AT all the age, the physical features of annabeth and grover and what about annabeths INVISIBLE baseball cap or percy and his mom going to their BEACH HOUSE..they skipped some things but i guess thats cuz they had to make it short enough for a movie..anyways i think im gonna buy this movie cuz Logan Lerman is sooo cute

57. rickriordanfan

I’m a huge fan of these books, but the movie might as well have a different name. For people who didn’t read the book it’s not going to make any sense. For people who did read it, it’s going to be annoying because they didn’t follow the story at all. They didn’t even have some key characters!

58. Leah

we are reading this boofaloud in my class. we are almost done! i really want to see the movie! it just came out yesturday!
    i want to go see it tomorrow!!!!! i cant wait!!!

59. Hannah

that movie is awsome u guys have to go see that movie.PLus my whole class saw the movie on opening night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. Brianne age 11

I love the book series Percy Jackson, but here’s the scoop on the movie. A reviewer said its a must see a nonreader loved it I say it STUNK. Its so different from the GREAT book. The acting was poor, its “new plot” was lame, the casting was wrong, characters are supposed to be twelve, they took out good parts and added DUMB parts. Others say too much explosions. I think the movie is a waste of money.

61. Bookworm1199

I can’t wait to see the Lightning Thief!!! I just finished reading it!!! But I don’t like how I saw on the commercials that Grover doesn’t have horns. I mean, that’s just not right. Annabeth is definetely my favorite character in the books and I can’t WAIT to see how the director interprets her character.

62. cool quite peace

I am so excited to see the movie the book is really really good and evryone in my grade is reading it!I love this book!

63. Kayla

I just started the book before the premere. I just finished today. I am DEFINATELY going to see the lightning theif. My favorite character is Annabeth. Go Percy!!!!!!

64. meghan

I read the first book and I am working on reading the second book but I am really MAD about Annabeth’s hair color couldn’t they make her die it????!!!! But I am still really exited for the movie I KNOW that I will end up loving it! GO PERCY!!!!!!!

65. rickriordanfan

I have some bad news. The Percy Jackson Movie is the director, Chris Columbus’, version of the book. It’s nothing like the book at all. I saw the movie today,( Which was opening day) and was disappointed by some of the things that were missing. Thaila’s tree isn’t there and either is Clarrise! Plus the whole battle with Ares was left out and I was looking forward to seeing that! But if you didn’t read the book you’ll love the movie. It was well played although Annabeth wasn’t what you expected. Overall a nice movie. Not exactly family friendly by my tastes. Signing out –rickriordanfan

66. lexbex87

omg im so ready to see the movie. i am a big fan of the books. im reading the third. but i dont really like it. the first is my fav.

67. APennyHeadsUp

I love the books and i can’t wait to see the film =D i think its great that Brandon got the part of Grover, he suits it =) the only thing that concerns me is the fact i can’t see a scar on Lukes face and i mean that is the MAIN reason he leaves to fight with the Titans… so hopefully he has it otherwise the plot is a little hazy…

68. Bookworm1199

i’m currently reading the 1st book and i luv it so far!! but i want to finish reading the book before i c the movie.

69. cj

I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS COOL ON COMERCIAL I AM SEEING IT AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT!!!!! HOPE YOU ALLL LIKE IT
    ~CJ
    BYE

70. Crazy234

the movie looks awsosme but hello these charcters look like their 18 and 19 years old percy is olny 12 in the first book and annabeth is like 12, 13 ,14 something like that. Percy hasn’t got his sheild yet either they like changed the whole movie. kinda stupid. I dont think im gonna see it.

71. jenna

I’m excited about the movie, but annabeth is blond and grover is a red head with a rasta cap! I just think the should have done the casting better

72. Julia and Olivia

you got the characters all wrong…. annabeth should have blonde hair and gray eyes and grover should have red curly hair .Every one but percy needs to look 12 not 20.

73. John

I’ve read the series multiple times and I hope that this movie will be decent or better. But I think it will be a good movie. Go Percy!

74. Salma

This is my favorite series ever!!! I’m sad that I finished all the books, but I can’t wait till the movie comes out!

75. Megan

Wow. I have all the books, the posters, you name it. I’m a fan… but Annabeth has BLOND hair in the books! And the guys are like fourteen, and the actors are older!!

76. Nate

They ruined every thing. I’ve read all the books.
    1. He doesn’t get his shield till the second book.
    2. He’s supposed to uncap the pen.
    3. He can stay under water as long as he wants yet he comes up gasping.
    4. Grover isn’t black and annabeth has blond hair
    5. In the book there 12 but the actors are 17-23
    6. Hades doesn’t steal the bolt Ares does
    7. Persephone isn’t evil but she is in the movie
    8. When percy gets in the elevator he puts in a card but in the book it’s a key
    9. There’s no dragon in the book
    10. The hellhounds look nothing like they should
    I think there going to ruin the movie. I can’t wait to criticize the movie with my friends.

77. Grace

Oh, No wait I haven’t read the Demigod Files. I thought I had but no. And I bet there is a bigger Percy Jackson Fan then me.

78. Grace

There are a lot of mistake’s in the trailer. Percabeth rules. What’s with the tattoo?
    Grover’s not supposed to have crutches. What’s with the dragon? Where are they when they are publicly beating up people. Not the Lotus Casino there where to many grown ups dress for a party. Annabeth is all wrong I hope she is good at acting though.

79. Grace

I can’t wait for this movie! I have read every Percy Jackson book made including the Demigod Files, And the Ultimate Guide. I really hope the movie is true to the book though and why is Grover on Crutches? In the book he only had A limp. Anyway I love Percy and Annabeth Together and Grover and Juniper. Not a fan of Thalia though I like the Origanal 3 better (Percy, Annabeth, Grover). I have to say I THINK I am the biggest Number 1 Percy Jackson fan of the books. Annabeth is my favorite character but I heard that she 23 in the movie and Percy is 18. Aren’t they supposed to be 12? Yes they are. But I am cool as long as the movie is basically book. I know the page 374 and 373 of Percy Jackson The Last Olympian. But that’s not the point I am supposed to be talking about the movie… Anyway Medusa’s effects are really cool from what I have seen so far. Annabeth Isn’t really true to the book because of her age hair color and eye color but her weapon is cool. Percy Is good it’s again just his age that bothers me really. Grover is fine except his age. And I think the person who plays Luke is perfect that’s what I always imagined him to look like! PERCABETH RULES! RECY (Racheal and Percy) is not ok! Anyway I keep getting off topic. I am goign to see it with my friend the day after it comes out. I am so Excited! I am counting down the days!!!!!!
    And i can’t wait fro Rick Riordan’s new series The Kane Chronicle’s to come out and then he is making a new Demigod series also for more go to Rick Riordan’s website… I think. Anyway Logan Lerman was good in Hoot so I have High hopes for him. PERCABETH RULES!

80. Maddie

I LOVE the Percy Jackson series! The end of the 2nd book is SO cool! I can’t wait to see the movie!!
    PS I’m on the third book, I didn’t start to long ago

81. Melissa

Alexandra is probably a great actress, but they should have casted someone younger. She is 24 almost. The series is great though and I hope they do a good job. And he lives in Manhattan, Percy.

82. puppy9298

AT FIST I SAW PEOPLE READING THE PERCY JACKSON BOOKKS AND I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY FOR BOYS AND THEN WHEN I MY TEACHER TALKED ABOUT IT AND GIRLS TALKING ABOUT IT I FORCED MYSELF TO READ THE FIRST BOOK. WHEN ISTARTED READING IT I COULD NOT STOP!! THE BOOK WAS SO FUNNY AND ACTION PACKED ALL TOGETHER!!!! THEN I STARTED READING THE WHOLE SERIES!! I LOVE THE BOOKS SOO MUCH!! THE CHAPTERS OF THE BOOKS ARE SO FUNNY. I REMEMBER THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE THE LIGHNING THIEF- I ACCIEDENTLY VAPORIZE MY PRE ALGEBRA TEACHER!!!! THEN WHEN I FIRST SAW THE TRAILER FOR THE MOVIE I COULDNT BELIVE IT!!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXITED FOR THE MOVIE ONLY FOUR AND A HALF DAYS TO GO!! NOW I KEEP ASKING MY MOM CAN I WATCH THE LIGHNING THIEF? MY MOM ALWAYS SAYS YES!! I LOVE WATCHING THE TRAILER IN MY TV TOO!!! I THINK THAT LOGAN LERMAN IS CUTE!! ANNABETHS HAIR SHOULD BE BLOND BUT IF THEY DYE IT BLONE SHE WOULD LOOK TOO GIRLISH. I THINK ANNABETH LOOKS GOOD WITH JUST BLACK HAIR. I THINK GROVER LOOKS FINE!!!! GROVER LOOK JUST LIKE THE GROVER I READ IN THE BOOK!!! LUKE LOOKS JUST LIKE I PICTURED IN MY BRAIN TOO!!! PEOPLE, ITS OOKAY IF THE THE DIREECTER PUT IN SOME ROAMANCE TOO!!!I THINK THE MOVIE WILL BE AWESOME!!!!! PERCY JACKSON ROCKS!!! ANNABETH CHASE RULES!!!!!!!!!! GROVER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IM SOOO GONNA WATCH THE MOVIE. IF MY PARENTS DONT LET ME WATCH THE MOVIE THE DAY IT COME OUT IM GONNA SOOOO WATCH IT WHEN MY BIRTHDAY COMES IM GONNA BE TURNING ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

83. Devynl

O.M.G! I’M SEEING TOMORROW!!!!!!!! I’M SO,SO,So, exited about it!!! I read the book & it is totally,totally,totally, AUSOME!!!!

84. Dustfingers fire

CANT WAIT!!!! My 2 best friends and I are going to see it opening night, but i dont have school that day so i have to tell my self not to see it in the day, lol! Night will be cooler anyways!

85. mirialin_moon_knight4789

Okay… First, let me say this: I love the books, love the series, love the add-ons such as the guide and essay book, but this is crazy! I found seven mistakes in just the commercial! That’s right people, seven. And just for good measure… What is that fire-thing! It had-like- seven heads! (And it wasn’t a hydra. I’m also pretty sure Cerberus has three heads, and that the Underworld doesn’t have columns)
    The pictures up there? Unrealistic. I mean, come on. It’s like giving away the entire movie. Who has an unintentional tattoo of a trident? And, that water-swirl thing and the part where the water tower breaks? And the part when they are at Olympus? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t look like that except in The Last Olympian. Though, I have to say, I’m curious as to who will be Lady Hestia…

86. 80's my little pony

I can’t wait to see this movie! The things in that book never get old! and i also LOVE horses as well! :P

87. Gylfie97

I have read ALL the books and so have my 2 best friends and sisters I obsessed over the books and I don’t care what age the characters are can’t wait to see the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88. Victoria

I finished the last Percy Jackson book like a month ago! And I saved up my money for the Ultimate Guide! I don’t like the cast very much…isn’t Percy supposed to be 11 or 12 in the book? And doesn’t Annabeth have blond hair?! Percy Jackson may be better than Harry Potter, I’m not sure, but I read both series! Who would win in a battle, Percy, or Harry?

89. pupluvr

I love the lightning thief! It is the best book ever! One of my friends thought it was horrible, i couldn’t believe it!! It is awesome and I can’t wait until the movie comes out! It looks really good, although they could’ve dyed Annabeth’s hair blonde, or gave her a wig. It still looks really good though so i’m gonna watch it anyway!!

90. Whitney

I am UBER excited. Logan is super cute and annabeth looks like TOUGH! I cant believe its only 5 days away!!!!!!!!!!!

91. Krishna

The movie is so awesome. I read the book. Percy is the Son of the sea god posiedan. The greek gods are real. There are fire breathing dragons like the chimera that looks like a Chihuahua at 1st but then becames a lion sized dragon. very entertaining

92. (= Marilyn =)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians is the best book series tha i’ve ever read and i can’t wait for the movie!!!!!

93. amberdragon

I am a huge fan of these books, so are all my friends, so I really hope the movie does it justice… and from the interview, I am not sure if it will, when on earth is there a “Lightning Bolt Battle?”

94. Xx.prettyinpink.xX

I think this movie looks OK… probably something I will not go see unless I hear the reviews are absolutely fantastic.

95. superkyut

Yeah, I know. Percy Jackson is the coolest character I’ve ever heard of. I do hope my parents will allow me to watch it. It’s just SO cool.

96. Shelby

Hello, Beckandorf! He is an African American guy and he is like the coolest camper at camp half blood. Ya know, other than Thalia and Nico, but they aren’t really at camp, so yeah.

97. chidi

I was wathching t.v. and then I saw this ad for the movie, I was like is’nt that a book, and since the movie looked so good I got the book this week. And I finnished it tonight. cant wait to wathch the movie.

98. Ben

I like LOVE IT! Dude these books are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait for the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99. manga eyes

im so excited!!!!!omg!!!imma go w/ one of my old elementary school friends, she’s the one who got me reading the PJ books!!!!!GO PERCY!!!!

100. Plushdragon

OMG!!!! Yes! The movie is coming out so soon! I am a huuuge fan, and I can’t wait! But ther is so many changes in the movie, I wonder how the author, Rick Riordan, felt……

101. Laura

Me and my friend Kyle have been planning on seeing it, but my little sister was like “Laura your to old to see it!” But I know plenty 14 year olds who’ve read the whole series! AND Harry Potter! And twilight and inkheart and cathy’s books and the hunger games… whoa thats a bit ahead of myself there! Can’t wait for the movie!

102. Brooke

I love the Lighting Thrief. It makes me fell like I am in a whole new world. If you haven’t read The Lighting Thief you’re missing out!

103. Courtney

I LOVE the books! My teacher is reading the book aloud in class and now everyone wants to read them! My class agreed we should all meet up and go see the midnight release! GO PERCY!!!!!

104. katniss_everdeen01

I am SO EXCITED!!!! I am definitely going to see the movie opening day or that Saturday! Logan Lerman and Brandon Jackson sound like great actors to play two of the main characters. I have only read the first book in the series but I am POITIVELY going to read ALL other books I can find by Rick Riordan!!!! :)

1. Dns

“It’s one of my favorite chtacarers ever and I’m a huge fan of the series,”I looked him up to make a joke that he’s too young to know that Spidey was a comic before it was a movie (he was 10 when the first one came out) only to find that he once played a character named Robin . So there’s that.

105. julian511

OMG I really like the cast. I think it’s great that the actors have so many good things to say about the movie.

106. Crystal

Okay… some of it looks kinda cool. I still think they should have gotten age appropriate actors. I’m still mad.
    I love the books, though!!!!
    Brooklyn? I thought Percy lived in Manhattan?…

107. Marytonga

Well, I’d say Lee Jordan’s one of the more important characters in 7. Or should I say River? I just can’t believe how long I put off reading this! Got it on hold at the library though!

108. A Major Bibliophile

I am SO EXCITED for the movie, and I am a gigantic fan of the books! My sister, my friends, and I are all going to the midnight release for the movie! GO PERCY!!!