February 11, 2010

Hunger Games Book 3 Title and Cover!

Posted by at 10:02 am in News, Reads | Permalink

Hg3_130 Finally some more Hunger Games news! We now have the title and cover for the third and final book of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy (for ages 12 and up)! Mockingjay! Isn't that a great title? And this cover! Isn't it beautiful? *Gush* Thrill* Squeal!*  Write a comment to let us know what you think, and predict what you think will happen in Book 3.

Of course, we still have to wait until August 24, 2010 to actually read the book. In the meantime, feel free to visit The Hunger Games website for all the info about the first 2 books. And join the conversation on The Hunger Games Message Board.

1. katniss&peeta

woow i love the cover and the title
    heres what i think will happen
    -gale katniss and haymitch will go rescue petta and the others
    -kaniss will relize she loves peeta and gale will die a heroic death(not sure which comes first)
    -district 13 will overthrow the capitol with peeta and katniss leading them
    -every distict works together to rebuild there land
    btw.peeta loves katniss wayy more than gale does so she should coose him

2. HUNGERGAMES LUVER

Hey! My friend made me read these books and they were so good i couldnt stop i read both in the past four days and am dying to read the third! I have a question though, how does beetee die? and how does katniss know to shot the wire threw the force field! Please answer ASAP! THNX

3. Taylor

I really like the new cover i hope that it resembles some peace but i also want some action!!!!! I LOVE this series it is better than the twilight saga! :) I dont want Peeta to die hes my favorite character, but i realy hope that Gale and Katniss get together!!!

4. Tina N

Yay! I can’t wait for the third one to come!
    I think Gale, Katniss, and Finnick will have to go save Peeta, Annie, and Johanna.
    Annie and Johanna and Peeta might live, or Johanna might die heroically. Peeta most likely will live, or else Suzanne Collins will lose a lot of fans and money. Gale might die saving Peeta. If all ends well, Panem will be free and Gale shall go with Katniss and Peeta will be her best friend, while Finnick goes with Annie, and Johanna goes with someone i don’t know. Cinna SHALL LIVE!!
    Gale cannot love Madge. He can’t fall out of love so quickly. It’s like Romeo all over again.
    Can’t wait!!!

5. mockingjay

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!! DONT HATE ME BUT IV NEVER LIKED PEETA GALE SHOULD SOOOOOO GET KATNISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SO MUCH BETTER FOR HER!!! AND PRESIDENT SNOW WILL DIE IN MOCKINGJAY. I LOV SUSANS IDEA OF THE CLOK ARENA IN THE 2ND BOOK!!! THEY SOO NEED 2 MAKE A MOVIE 4 THIS BOOK!!! (BUT NOT LIKE TWILIGHT THEY TOTALY WREKED THAT!

6. schtefi

i think that Katniss wont be able to decide between Gale or Peeta (or rather that she wont be able to sever ties with Gale to end up with Peeta because she has such a long history with Gale) so one of our two favourtie boys is going to have to die. :( I think it will have to be Gale because the whole opperation has relied on Peeta’s way with words (although he doesnt know it)and also the capitol has Peeta so it will make for a more interesting book. So anyway i think Gale will die and after the war (or conflict of some nature)Katniss will get over his death and fall in love with Peeta and it will be a happy ending and :D big smiles all round. I also think that Prim may die as an interesting twist. I have a feeling that the capitol will find katniss’ mother and Prim and will either hurt them or kill them :(
    thats what i think :P

7. Jinkay

The cover of the book doesnt really look like it belongs in the hunger games series….looks more of a religious story if u ask me, but since i luv the characters soo much im going to have to read this

8. Thalia_And_Katniss_Rock

Here’s my theories:
    -President Snow dies :) Or maybe banished from Panem forever,or thrown into a Hunger Games arena to stay there forever.
    -Cinna and/or Gale dies heroically.
    -Katniss and Peeta get married!
    -Something bad will happen to Prim.
    -Katniss SAVES THE DAY!And becomes the new leader of Panem.
    -Peeta,Johanna,and Enobaria are saved by Katniss.
    -They will go to District 13 and live there.
    -Capitol is overthrown and the heroes start making Panem into a new nation more like ours(without all the junk we have,of course)
    -There will be NO MORE HUNGER GAMES!!!
    I will definitely be reading all night.I CAN’T WAIT!!

9. Nolee

The cover is awesome and explains EVERYTHING!!!
    -President Snow dies ;)
    -Gale or Peeta dies heroically (maybe) :( :( :(
    -Katniss goes with the other
    -They MIGHT have a fight over her :/
    -DEFINATE: I will be reading ALL night-definitely
    -The Capitol gets overthrown
    -There will be PEACE again :) :) :)
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can’t wait ’till it comes out to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALSO what “sneak peek website?”
    AND I LOVE the author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Guywhoreadsthisbook

I love this book series much! I Hate to read but this book kept me up all night and I’m dad that I still have to wait fir book three and it too short I want it to keep going
    I play video games and a future programmer I’d lice to talk to the author about making a game out of this I think it would be great.
    PS am I the only guy who has read this book?! Haha

11. sarah

it’s so cool.I can’t wait to read it.I think district 13 will be there and have weapons but they wont want to help, and katniss persuades them to help.

12. Pam

I love this series!
    I don’t really care of Katniss ends up with Peeta or Gale…after rereading the series I like both of them.
    I can’t wait!

13. Jade

I know, I agree with Autumn! I love them both, but im leaning toward Petta. I dont want any of them to die, but I have a feeling someone is going to have to!!! DX Oh well, I CANT WAIT!

14. K

I absolutely love the hunger games Its the best series ive ever read I honestly dont even know what I want it to end as.I love the cover but when they said that it was going to be called the victors (wonder who came up with that) I thought the end was going to be sad and having the cliffhanger she uses in the 1st and 2nd book and something with Katniss and Gale’s or Katniss and Peeta’s child was going to be entered in the hunger games but this new cover gives a whole new feel It shows that there is hope and the end wont be all sad and hunger gamesish (if you kno what I mean) but I do hope she has the good kind of cliffhanger or eles it wont really be completed in my mind. I cant wait until the third book comes out !! 191 days !!!! Im so excited !!!! haha(:.Im so torn between Peeta and Gale its crazy.In the first book I wanted Gale with her I guess it was just Since she missed him and stuff and that the “love” she had for peeta was an “act” for her, but then In the 2nd book I was all for peeta except for in the beginning (with the whole kiss thing) and then in the end I was so torn I cant wait to see how it all ends!! I just hope she explains things well and doesnt leave us all confused, even though Im sure she wont. 191 !!!! (: (: