February 11, 2010

Hunger Games Book 3 Title and Cover!

Posted by at 10:02 am in News, Reads | Permalink

Hg3_130 Finally some more Hunger Games news! We now have the title and cover for the third and final book of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy (for ages 12 and up)! Mockingjay! Isn't that a great title? And this cover! Isn't it beautiful? *Gush* Thrill* Squeal!*  Write a comment to let us know what you think, and predict what you think will happen in Book 3.

Of course, we still have to wait until August 24, 2010 to actually read the book. In the meantime, feel free to visit The Hunger Games website for all the info about the first 2 books. And join the conversation on The Hunger Games Message Board.

1. Anna

I CAN’T WAIT FOR MOCKING JAY TO COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EVEN MY MOM CAN’T WAIT!
    THIS COVER IS PERFECT AND IT SAYS ALOT. LIKE THE FIRST AND SECOND BOOKS ARE DARK BUT HTIS ONE IS LIGHT WHICH IS A GOOD SIGN. AND THE SECOND BOOK HAD A TAARGET IN IT BUT NOW THE MOCKINGJAY BROKE FREE.:)

2. M (LOL)

OMG. I have been following the hunger games trilogy ever since it first came out. I love the cover it’s soo coolio. :D

3. autumn:)

i absolutely love this series! i can’t decide if i want katniss to be with Peeta or Gale though i love them both! I think i’m leaning more towards Peeta but i don’t want Gale to get hurt. so many conflicts!

4. ponygir10

this looks so cool and if you ask me it should come out sooner but the cover looks sweet the part that has came out on a sneak peek website that I look at is sweet to its the first chapter not one word is missing

5. PaperFlowers

I LOVE this cover. It’s so cool how the mockingjay is flying out of the broken circle. (Plus now I know what a mockingjay actually looks like.)
    For what I think will happen:
    -The Hunger Games will end for good.
    -People will die. Many people. Hopefully including President Snow. :)
    -Katniss will end up with either Peeta or Gale, and the other one will die heroically.
    -Cinna will return and SAVE THE DAY! (random hyperness there)
    -I will be up all night reading. That is a guarenteed fact. I can’t wait!!!! =D

6. Rachel

I disagree on the whole who gets whom thing. Gale and Petta both love Katniss, but Katniss only loves Gale NOT PETTA. So Gale gets Katniss and does not die heroically (but is still heroic) and while Petta may die(hopefully not) or end up with Mage or some body.
    By the way I love the cover!!! And the title!!!

7. TheDL

This made my day! And ruined it. I now can’t stop thinking about Hunger Games and am once again dying for it to come out!!! But we still have to wait soooooooo long! I can’t wait to see what happpens to Katniss, Peeta, Gale, and Cinna(if he dies I will be so mad!) And how the rebellion will play out.

8. Katherine

I love the color of the cover!
    -I hope that Katniss and Gale will get together.
    - District 13 will help defeat the Capital.
    - the Hunger Games will end. those poor kids:(
    -Peeta will fall in love with someone else
    -Haymitch will most likley die along with Cinna :(
    All that I can say is that I can’t wait for the book to come out, and The Hunger Games is the best book series EVER!!!

9. catching_fire

AAAAAHHHHH! *obsessed fangirl scream*
    Yay! I can’t believe it! August seems so far away…
    Anyway, I think Katniss is going to fall in love with GALE!!!!
    And it’s like a silver-blue. Everybody on THG board thought that that was going to be the cover! Well,some thought yellow.
    Really, this news made an obsessed child’s day. GO THG!!!!
    Mockingay: 8-24-10

10. jittery7

Daaaaaaaang! I wasn’t expecting that! The other two book covers have been black and gloomy and drama filled and then we have a mockingjay and pale blue. Interesting…..
    But that doesn’t mean there won’t be drama in this one. In fact, it’s probably the most dramatic of them all! Oh, and one last thing. I hope President Snow gets what he deserves. :)

11. dramateller

OMG!!!! I am so psyched for this. I love how there’s a lighter color instead of all the dramatic colors from the first two books. I love the Mockingjay too.
    WHat I hope will happen:
    -Capitol is overthrown and a free world is made.
    -Gale and Katniss finally get together and Peeta is her best friend.
    -Katniss gets injured and Peeta saves her, proving to Gale and the world that he truly loves her.
    -There’s an awesome batlle scene
    -Gale and Katniss kiss at the end as a Mokingjay sings Rue’s song.
    Let’s go HUNGER GAMES!

12. superliver3

AWESOME!!!! this is a GREAT series!!! by an INCREDIBLE author!! I think that katniss, peeta, and Gale will venture to district 13, find them, rally them against the capitol,(although they might disagree because they still fear them) but have a giant hunger games involving two sides, The Capitol and the districts! If you have only read this series by Suzanne Collins, read her other one! (The Underland Chronicles) It is just as good (if not better!)

13. bippy2u

OMG!!The cover is awesome!Love the Title!!:D(Giddy with joy)
    Here is what I think will happen:
    Gale, Katniss, and Finnick go on a rescue mission to save Peeta and Johanna. They lose Finnick and Johanna along the way.Then Gale and Peeta start to quarrel over Katniss.Gale wants to make a fight and draws his bow.Peeta says Gale can have Katniss but Gale still shoots Peeta in the leg.Katniss is infuriated at Gale so Gale somberly carries Peeta to the hovercraft.Right as they enter the ship Gale kills himself.
    I know gruesome, but it’s a feeling I have that it’s gonna happen.

14. s

love the cover! love the color! Peeta OR Gale is going to die. Freedom will come to the entire country once and for all. And while I can’t figure out how it’s going to happen- and it’s a long shot- but i REALLY think Katniss is going to end up back in the arena for a third round!

15. Crystal

I think that the cover is beautiful (kudos to the artist! You did a great job!) but I still don’t like the series.

16. BHHUNGERGAMES

Interesting cover. My theory on Book 3:
    1. Katniss and Gale get together
    2. Snow uses Peeta as a “puppett”
    3. Peeta lives but hates Katniss
    4. Snow is killed by Gale
    4. Peeta becomes new President
    5. District 13 wins, Capital overthrown

17. peetalovescatnip

ohmigod, finally some hunger games news!
    The cover looks beautiful:]
    I’ve always liked the cover picture but it looks even better with blue!
    Simply can’t wait till they come out!
    D-193 until August 24th.

1. Nhi

tons of great food ideas for a Hunger Games (Grade 9 and up) gathering. You can find recieps for Katniss’ favorite lamb stew, Peeta’s nut and raisin bread, and the Mellark’s goat cheese and apple tarts. If you go decide

18. Sam

I don’t think Katniss will end up with anyone at all. Honestly, Peeta isn’t exactly her type, and I think Gale and Madge will end up together. Katniss being single at the end I think solidifies her independent personality.

19. Sam

It doesn’t exactly flow with the other covers, the other ones being intense looking and black and red and this one being blue and peaceful and ethreal, so I’m assuming the end of the storyline will reflect that peace and calm after all the violence of the first two. Happy ending, mayhaps?
    It’s funny how long everyone was speculating THE VICTORS as the title I started calling it that like I was assuming that would be it. No longer, though.
    It really is a good cover, and the picture of the mockingjay really is beautiful.
    Only 193 more days!

20. Maia

Awesome cover! I love it all!
    What I think (or hope) will happen?
    - Katniss kicks major butt… of course.
    - District 13 helps the others overthrow the Capitol.
    - Haymitch might die :(
    (Cinna and Gale might have targets on their backs as well. SADNESS!)
    - Katniss gets with Peeta for good.
    - Gale finds love elsewhere. Madge? :)
    Hopefully, Gale gets together with someone else, because I’m fairly sure that Katniss and Peeta will end up together. That means he will either have to find someone else or die a heroic death :( (((

21. Thalia_and_Katniss_Rock

Oh my gods.This cover is PERFECT!!I think the mockingjay symbolizes Katniss,and the blue of the cover and the white of the bird symbolizes hope.I like how the mockingjay bursts free of the barrier that held back the birds on the covers of the first 2 books.Because of this,I think the rebels will win,but not without someone important(like Gale or Peeta) dying.I also think there will be a particularly messy end for President Snow.I really don’t like him.AT ALL.