February 19, 2010

Big Time Rush Interview

Posted by at 4:42 pm in Celebrities, Music | Permalink

Bigtimerush_130 UPDATE: Check out a new video with the Big Time Rush boys!

What do you get when four hockey players from Minnesota move to L.A. and start a super popular boy-band? You get Big Time Rush on Nickelodeon. Lucky Kid Reporter Danielle Azzolina interviewed the guys from the show: (from left to right in the pic) Carlos Pena, James Maslow, Logan Henderson, and Kendall Schmidt. Turns out they are all as lovable in real life as they are in the show! Read on to find out more. . .

Danielle: Logan, what does your dream girl look like?
Kendall:
Don’t say me again, Logan!
Logan: I don’t have a set dream girl as far as what she looks like, but I know what I like, and I love a girl with a sense of humor. Someone who can make me laugh and that I can get along with and talk with and who is just sweet overall, inside and out. So I think that’s some of the qualities I look for in a girl.

Danielle: James, have you ever acted in anything else before?
James:
Yeah! I grew up singing and did a lot of musical theater down in San Diego mostly. I even sang with the San Diego Opera. I did La Boheme, and some little things with them and that led into film and television. I guest starred on iCarly. I played Shane in the second season premiere which was a lot of fun.
Danielle: Oh yeah, I saw that one. I actually interviewed Miranda once. Over the phone though.
James: Very cool. She’s such a sweetheart. Other than that little things. I did a little movie that I just found out is going to Slamdance in Utah this year. It was just a little tiny independent thing I did a cameo in. But other than that the last couple of years have really been focused on this show. So I had an awesome upbringing in theater and now this is just a dream come true. Now my life is dedicated to Big Time Rush.

Danielle: Kendall, are there any funny bloopers that happened while filming?
Kendall:
Well, there is a good one- I don’t know if you have a fear of blood. It’s not that funny. But me and this kid had to do a stunt and he had to get checked by me. I didn’t pay attention during rehearsals. I wasn’t even there. We were all dressed up in hockey gear and they called me in and I totally didn’t even know what we were doing until I got there and then they were like, “Okay, you’re going to check James.” And I was like, “Okay. I can check James. I can definitely do that.” And I think I might have checked him too hard and too high because when he came down on the table it cut up his arm.
James: We all have battle wounds from the show. In the show, you’ll see- what’s her name on the show-
Carlos: Camille.
James: Camille, the method actress. She goes and she slaps Kendall and we did a good seven or eight takes and she really slapped him.
Kendall: I have been slapped so many times on the show.
Logan: In fact I think that’s my favorite part of the show is watching Kendall get slapped.

BigtimerushDanielle: Carlos, what’s your character’s best quality?
Carlos:
Well, I think Carlos Garcia’s best quality is that he has no filter and he’s not afraid to try anything new. So if someone says, “Look, this water’s green but it tastes like watermelon,” he’ll try it.
James: Actually that sounds delicious.
Carlos: Yeah! I need some green water!
Kendall: I don’t think I would.

Danielle: Logan, how would you like your character to evolve on the show?
Logan:
I think actually in the upcoming episodes, my character does kind of evolve in a way that I actually really respect and like. I know that in his next couple of episodes he’s the one that’s more timid and he really likes to think things through and make sure everything’s right before it happens and that’s a great quality, but every now and again sometimes you just have to go for it and I think that’s a huge thing with all of us on the show. Sometimes you just have to get the courage and the strength to go for what you want and in one of the upcoming episodes- I’m not going to say which one- but in one of the upcoming episodes I do that in a big way. So that’s one little piece of how my character development shows.

Danielle: Was it just chance that you all got the same name as your character in the show?
Carlos:
They changed the original names just to accommodate the whole thing being a real band.
Kendall: We’ve never said this in an interview by the way. I don’t think anybody really knows this.
Carlos: Exclusive! So I’ll give mine. My original name in the show was Jessie.
Kendall: Mine was Donovan. James’ original name was Bryan with a “y”.
Logan: And mine was- are you ready? Drum roll. . . Konas.
Kendall: Konas! Nobody has that name. It’s crazy. We could have been the Konas brothers. Really. Think about it.
Logan: Bonus Konas. But I think our names really bring out a really cool side to all of us and I think it kind of helps whenever we’re performing on stage or having an interview like this. You can just call us by our actual names and it’s much easier.

Danielle: You guys are awesome singers. Awesome. I can’t wait to see the rest of the series!
James:
You’re an awesome interviewer. I’m very impressed.

Photo courtesy of Nickelodeon

1. Niyah

I know they wrote “Music sounds better with u” about me because it does I’m a beautiful singer trust me!

2. Niyah

In their music vid “Music sounds better with u” made me want to be one of those girls(especially James)no affense Kendall,Carlos,and Logan:P

3. Niyah

I love Big Time Rush and so does my oldest sister and she would love if big time rush could come and meet her because trust me she lives u guys!:DLOL
    LOVE u guys!
    Love,
    Niyah:D

4. rusherfromgreece.LOGAN

these guys know how to kill a rusher…i’m so excited whenever i whatch their episodes or interviews and when i read things about them!!! i’m pretty sure i’m the biggest rusher in greece,and i’d love to meet them…!!! It would be my dream come true…!!!

5. loveBTR

Well,it’s official… Big Time Rush are AMAZING!!! I love them so much!!! And I’m so happy that they changed their show names!!! Hahaha

6. Tiffany

Hi James Kedal Carlos Logan How is it being your Charther in your Show Bigtimerush iwatch your show on tv ima bigfan of your music and show how is it singing in your show from your biggest fan tiffany

7. jacole

lol konas brothers that is so funny but i love btr i think there better than the jonas brother but i love all of them so good luck guys:)

8. nylaa

i like all of them AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ther cute

9. Skirt

Hey btr wat u said in ur interview was amazing and u guys rock i don’t care wat ppl say u rock!! Keep doing wat u do cuz we luuv u

10. keri

Logan is my fave, I think he is the best singer out of the four (and the cutest, too:D)
    But KONAS? Where the heck did they come up with KONAS?!?
    LOL XD

11. whitney

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG TIME RUSH IS THE BEST BAND EVER MADE TO ME THEY CAN SING AND OF COURSE THEY ARE CUTE!! I THINK THE CUTEST ONE IS JAMES THEN CARLOS THEN LOGAN THEN KENDELL. BUT THEY ARE ALL CUTE AND HAVE ONE HECK OF A TALENT I HAVE THEOR SONGS AND PICTURES ON MY PHONE THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM HOPEFULLY YOU 4 CUTE GUYS READ THIS AND KONOW THAT I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN I WATCH YOUR SHOW ALL THE TIME I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. jill7769

I LOVE YOU BIG TIME RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!☺ ♥ ♥♥♥♥

13. JASMIN F

WAITING FOR MY ANSWER AND LIKE KENDEL AND LOGAN BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE VERY CUTE BECAUSE MY BEST FRIEND IS JAMES AND CARLOS

14. JASMIN F

I LOVE YOU KENDEL AND LOGAN YOUR SO CUITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

15. JASMIN F

I LOVE YOU KENDEL AND LOGAN BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE VERY CUITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

16. JASMIN F

I TELL LOGAN THAT YOUR SO CUITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAND HIS LAUGH IS VERY FUNNY IN THE SHOW BIG TIME RUSH AND I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE BIG TIME RUSH COCERT MOVIE!

17. Raven

heres the song that i wote I woke up BTR was next to me I flunk a test then logan help me then i aced the BTR test i got my smatness from Logan ,funniness carlos,normal kendall,styl james i became the class clown,brainiack,cutie,nomal becauseof BTR p.s i wish u guys cold preform at my 9th birthday party BTR ROCKS!!!

18. Raven

I wote a song for BTR called Big Time Rush right away after the 1st show all of them are sooooo…… cute<3 <3 love BTR!!!

19. audri

BTR is SOOOOOOOO Funny .my fav is Carlos,but all of them r cute!!!!
    I am their BIGGEST fan!!!!!
    BTR RULES!!!!!!!

20. BTR FAN

OMG! I LIKE ALL OF THEM BUT JAMES IS DA CUTEST THEN KENDALL THEN CARLOS THEN LOGAN. (no offense to anyone.)

21. Mandy

I love James, but not the show. I think that James could try to appear more mature. I do think that there is funny and then there is just plain stupid.

22. Alissa

James is sooooooo cute but my sister thinks Kendall is cute and ill give her props but they all are cute but James is my man

23. heather

hi guys i like all off u cuz u guys r tottaly cute and funny hope you guys say my name in tv first name heather luv u by

24. jasmine

O.M.G. 4whoever said that either Kendall or Logan is cute you r so right.(no afense to Carlos and James)

25. manuel. l

Hwo ever. Interviewd. Them scholastic. News. Should. Make. A. Magazine. Of big time. Rush. Everyone. Loves. Big. Time rush

26. LUVJAMES

I LUV THA SHOW ND JAMES HES THE CUTEST OF THEM ALL NO OFFENSE TO U GUYS BUT I JUST TINK JAMES IS CUTE ;) KENDAL UR A LITTLE BIT CUTE TOO SO DNT WORRY ND CARLOS UR OKAY LOGAN UR BABY CUTE LOVE U TOO BUT LUV JAMES MORE SORRY LOL……

27. sophie

I agree with Nirvanna. They are all not good looking and the storyline is stupid. It is a copy of that Nat Wolff show but with new weirdos.

28. Jenna

Hey Big Time Rush.I love you and..I love your show.I like the episod where Katie dipped the thomotor in the tea i like where your mom came to help and katie went hard on the mop.Thanks,
    Jenna

29. lilyiskool

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think u guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute.l’m 18 years old.Do u guys have girlfriends.

30. MAIA

CARLOS AND LOGAN I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Shayla

I watch your show all the time!!!!!!You guys are so funny!!!!!You rock my socks off!!!! You guys have very good MUSIC!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. kaykay112

I’m suprised people get hung up over guys they haven’t even met.
    I mean they could be nothing like they are in the show. But i can say the show is ok. It could’ve at least been a little more down to earth. I mean no offense to the writer or kendall, james, logan, and carlos! I enjoy the show!,
    Kaykay112

33. peachtree1

OMG… i love big time rush! Any body out there that dosent… maybe we should run you to the doctors. No, just kidding.LOL. I love ya James….

34. tayfan1

I don’t really like “Big Time Rush” I think it is stupid and James acts “all that.” But if I had to choose one, it would be Kendall. He is the most down-to-earth and intellegent one. But that’s just me!

35. kaykay112

hey it’s me kaykay112,
    i luv ur show but personly i would rather crush on someone at my own school.
    sorry guysL:(
    kaykay112

36. megan

I think Kendall[ if you are reading this Kendall did I spell your name right?]is the cutest [ no afense for the rest of the band]I absolutley love the show big time rush it is awesome .