January 25, 2010

Writing Prompt: Super-you!

Posted by at 7:41 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_superpower Faster than a speeding bullet; able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Or what about . . .

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's . . . you!

It's Monday, which means we've got a writing prompt for you. And today I want to know:

If you could have a super power, what would you want it to be? And what's the first thing you would do with this newfound ability?

Leave your answers in the comments!

image from kids.scholastic.comCarly H., STACKS Staffer

1. Candysplash

Is it allowed for me to have two super powers? I mean,I want to have the ability to turn invisible and I would also want the ability to fly! I would want to be invisible so if I get really embarrassed I can just disappear! Also, I’d want to fly so that if want to go somewhere, I can just start flying. Also, if I’m invisible,I can walk through walls and when a movie comes out,I can see it for free!

2. MarianasTrench10

If I could have one super power it would to be to read minds! I would search my friends and my crush’s mind to see what they really think of me. :)

3. paintandcolor

if i could hav 1 super power it wood beeeeee……………..uuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmprobably to be able to control nature. like where trees grow and where rivers flow. plus all that other stuff like talking to animals. im a BIG sucker when it comes to nature. GO NATURE YOU ROCK!! hey has anyone read the “percy jackson and the olympions” series they r awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

4. stuffedmudkiptoy

If i was a super hero the would call me FLEXA GIRL! because i am really flexible.My friend and i had this same talk and we decided that she would be DOUGHNUT GIRL! and that she could shoot frosting from her fingers.

5. JaylaRocks

I would like to be invisibility
    and the first thing i would do is get back to my ex. boyfriends for breaking my heart!!!

6. Millie

I would love to have the power to read minds, because then I could be able to read all my friends minds and I could test them, so if I ask them a question I would read their mind to see if the answer they gave me was true.

7. Jaclyn

I would have the power to fly. The first thing I would do is rescue a cat from a tree. I love cats and would do anything for them.

8. Angelica

I would want to be able to turn invisible whenever I wished. Then I could walk around without anyone knowing I was there, and I could scare people by standing right in front or behind them, and re-appearing!

9. HeroineHiding

If had a super power i would be able to turn transparent/invisible. I would probably using my power to complete one of my life long goals: to scare the pants off of my sister. Then I would use my power to get to class faster and to see what is in the teacher’s lounge. Then when the Percy Jackson movie comes out, I could go to that for free. Plus i could walk through walls and stuff

10. Andy

If you could have a super power, what would you want it to be? And what’s the first thing you would do with this newfound ability?
    Hmmm, I would like Invisibility.
    And the first thing I would do would be to brag to my friends. Lol!