January 11, 2010

Writing Prompt: Happy Holiday!

Posted by at 7:14 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_holiday Thank you!

For what? Well, for being awesome of course. And, because today is International Thank You Day.

Almost as soon as International Thank You Day is over, you'll need to get your popcorn ready for National Popcorn Day, coming up on January 22. And don't forget National Kazoo Day on January 28.

There are random holidays happening all the time (I'm quite looking forward to National Jelly Bean Day on April 22). So today's writing prompt is. . .

Make up your own holiday! What deserves celebration? When's your holiday and how do you celebrate it?

As always, leave your answers in the comments.

image from kids.scholastic.comCarly H., STACKS Staffer

1. Ley56

Natinial Illusion Day!
    It would be the day The Illusion came out. Everyone must read The Illusion and it has a song.
    Taylor is a phyicho path.
    Tobias rules
    Taylor drools.
    Taylor is a phyicho path.
    And this is the best book ever.

2. kellbel98

i would want national PANDA DAY!!!! why you ask? because pandas are only the most awesomest animals in the world!!!LOL!!! it would be celebrated on April 4and we would have a panda parade and sing the panda song: pandas are sweet and kind and i want them to be all mine pandas are awesome and cool pandas really RULE! thats how the song goes.panda day would be the biggest holiday in the world!!!!!

3. PinkGirly97

If I could make up my own holiday, it would be History day! Where people could walk around dressed as people from the past and we could ask them questions like “What was it like in your life?” It would be so much fun to pretend to be someone from the past and be able and answer questions. So that means the day before History day, you would have to study about your person so when someone asks you something, you’ll know what to say!

4. LilNana16

there should be national kids day.Kids could do what they want to do.Plus u can help the baby animals to for kids day.

5. Kaci

I think there should be an international sports day. Everyone could wear jerseys and hats representing their favorite team! It would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

6. Nix

National Harry Potter Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone must dress up as a HP character if they have to go to school or work .Or it should be a day that everyone gets off :)

7. 123454567

I would like to have, a day where all the rich people make a small dent in their fortune, and trow some of their money out a helicopter! It would be called, Make Millions Day!

8. cp224

(lol)This is sooooooooooo much fun. (I sound like a 6 year old.) I already made an entry… but keep those great ideas coming!

9. Lauren

There should be a day when everyone comes to school just to relax.We can leave our school stuff at home and instead bring a pillow and a blanket.We can watch movies and sleep all day long!!!!!!!!That would be the best thing ever!!!It could be on January 20 because that is a random day I choose. It would be called National Go To School and Watch Movies Day

10. cp224

I think there should be a Book day on February 8th where everyone stays home, stays in bed (or in you’re reading nook.) and reads.

11. BkwormSarah

There should be a holiday called International Postcard Day where everyone sends letters!!! That’d be awesome for the post-office, too. I mean, think about it, we always write e-mails.
    There should also be International Students Strike Day! And also International Writer’s Day! March Fools! International Magic Day! International Friend’s Day! I’m practically exploding with ideas, here!

12. lillian123

topic:GO GREEN!!
    okay i know everyone loves the planet so i think you shold go to the Disney Channel website friends forchange and register to help save the planet.and find out more info. about this going green project and what they do to help save earth.so help the planet. take care.

13. Abby

I’d love to have…International Peace Day. Everyone tries to get along for at least one hour with anyone they meet, including parents, siblings, and friends. All wars and battles also stop and all the soldiers from both sides eat a meal together and tend to all the wounded men and women. It could probably inspire people to stop wars.

14. Sophia

Chocolate day would defiantly be the BEST holiday ! Come on think about it all day all chocolate how much better could this get! Honestly I don’t know!!!!!!!!

15. Jaret

I’d create cheddar day. you admire anything chedder on that day. it would be october 28 you have to eat something cheddar flavored.

16. Victoria

I would totally love a free stuff day. Where you could get up to 30 free things all under $50. That would be really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Maddie

I would want a national holiday to be something like National Running Day. All around there would be 5-ks and races most free of charge. I would be fun, for most, and it would be active.

18. Blarry

I would have chocolate day! all we would do is eat chocolate and then at the end of the day you have a big chocolate party. We stay up all night because we are so hyper from all the chocolate. Then, at midnight, we all turn on the treadmills and start exercising! The only reason we exercise is because all the weight watchers wouldn’t celebrate my holiday. We will exercise for the whole day. this requires two days out of school to celebrate my holidays.

19. Jibby-Joe-Bob

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalalala im a llama

20. Lizzi Beth

I think we should have national Glitter Day!We would celebrate it on September 21st because I like the month September and the number 21 is awesome!You would know to celebrate it because there would be huge vats of glitter you could jump in at Walmart and a Glitter Day Parade where all of the floats were covered in glitter!You would also wear glittery hats that said “Merry Glitter Day!”

21. Jibby-Joe-Bob

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala day. Everyone goes lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala all day long

22. Lauren

There should be a National Pink day.Pink is the best color in the world and there should be a day for it.Everyone would wear pink!!!

23. Herman

I think Celebrate Pink! Day would be REALLY fun! Everyone would dress in pink (I’d be in hot pink) and eat pink food and girls would paint their nails pink and everyone would get pink highlights/extensions. Plus, we could have a pink party, sorta like the Barbie Pink Ticket Party, except your Barbie would have to wear all pink and both of you (Your Barbie, too!)would have to have a pretty pink ticket. I LOVE PINK!

24. Jibby-Joe-Bob

I would so love to have international icecream day! IT would be no schoolwork just ice cream all day! Yummy Yummy Yummy!

25. eclipsegurl10

ok, here is the best idea yeT
    NATIONAL ROBERT PATTINSON DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OR
    NATIONAL TAYLOR LAUTNER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. obiwancrazy

Here’s a brainstorming list, also:
    1) International QUIDDITCH DAY!
    2) International Hogwarts day! Show your House spirit!
    3) International I Love Harry Potter Day!
    So what if they’re all having to do with HP???

27. obiwancrazy

Hahahaha… I actually have already created a holiday… BAMBOO DAY! IDK how I came up with it but I guess it’s because bamboo is RANDOM AND AWESOME just like me and deserves to be celebrated! On Bamboo Day, August 5, you eat Chinese food and do anything involving pandas, bamboo, or awesomeness.

28. Truly

I think the same thing as you are, we get to visit hogwarts on inermational harry potter day. Oh, maybe you could also meet the cast and get to go to the amusment harry potter park they’re building. That would be to best day ever!!!! besides the last day of school….. hope inernational harry potter day comes true….. comment on here and i’ll talk back any time

29. Aly

My friends looked online and they said that last friday, 1-8-10, was national bubble-bath day!!! how awesome is that?!?!!!
    I love national talk like a pirate day!!!

30. Marytonga

International Author Day, January 17. You write a book and read a book by an author you’ve read a book by before.