January 11, 2010

Sneak Peek: Dear Dumb Diary #9

Ddd9_130 Everyone’s favorite middle-schooler, Jamie Kelly, is back — with an all-new, all-funny diary! A lot has been happening at Mackerel Middle School, and Jamie is documenting every minute of it. Check out this special peek at Dear Dumb Diary #9: That’s What Friends Aren’t For! Jamie promises that everything she writes is true . . . or at least as true as it needs to be.

Dear Dumb Diary,

We’ve entered that part of the school year where you begin to wonder if maybe even the teachers are beginning to lose interest in education. We study something — like igneous rocks, or spit molecules, or one of those countries that looks like where they are going to build a country one day — we glue-stick a bunch of things about it to a piece of poster board, they get hung up in the hallway, and then we never talk about them again.

So toward the end of the year, just to keep things interesting. the school has lots of events like an Art Show, a Talent Show, and Bingo Night, which features a game that was developed long ago so that we’d have something to do until fun was invented.
If I ever become a teacher, I’m going to jazz it up a bit. Maybe I’ll glue-stick the actual students up in the hallway, and when you walk up to one, he’ll have to tell you what he knows about spit molecules or whatever.

Also, I’m going to make it so that if a kid bothers me, I can legally shoot her out of a cannon. I really may have psychic powers, because I think I’ve read the mind of teacher who was thinking that exact thing one time when Mike Pinsetti got almost all of a crayon stuck in his ear.

Signed,
Jamie_kelly_signature

1. STACKS KID

The books are really good! love them! book # 9 is my favorite. ur an awesome writer keep writing! hope 2 c more!!!! :)

2. Rawan

I love dear dumb diary books!!!!!!!!! they are AWESOME anyways u should write alot of these books it seems that everyone likes’em including me!!!!!!!
    peace,
    Rawan

3. PinkyPetunia33

wow i cant believe that Jamie hates Angeline so much. i thought they were friends now. BTW,I bought the 1st book yesterday!!!! :)

4. Wondering Lily

Can you maybe list, or somebody tell me what the other books name are…
    #10
    #11
    #12
    Please i am makeing a christmas list, and I would really like to put them on there.

5. Stephenie C

Dear Dumb Diary,
    I was wondering if u can fing some people out there in the world who i want 2 b friends with.
    so can u help me out here6
    Thx.
    Sencerly Yours,
    Stephenie C.
    Peace Out.

6. bailey

I relly like dear dumb diary my brother thinks because I read it every day its a real diary, he’s so weird anyway I think dear dumb diary is awsom!!!!!!!!!!!

7. maddy

omg omg omg omg i luv the dear dumb diary books and was soooo glad when i heard that d.d.d #9 was coming out!! p.s i own all of the d.d.d books

8. JESSICA

WOW! I HAVE THE PAST EIGHT AND THE OUR DUMB DIARY (I BOUGHT THEM not MY JONAS BROTHERS LOVING SPONGEBOB WATCHING MOM!)

9. cc

Iv read all eight books of dear dumb diary i can´t wait to get That´s what friends arn´t for. I really want to read it.

10. Casey

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can not wait 2 read the 9th DDD book!!!!!!!!!! i have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. i don’t have “Our dumb diary: a journal to share” yet, but i am SO going to get it 4 my B-day, which is coming up, by the way. i entered the sweepstakes. I LOVE DDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. higi

i can not wait till it comes out i so want it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Zoelu7

Dear Dumb Diary,

13. Chidi

The book sounds aewsome but, I dont get how the passage (above)connects to the front cover.
    P.S Is Angelina friends with Jamie?
    Later

14. awesomesoftball

Am i right, is this a book?
    if it is it seems like a weird book. Is this what the whole book is like? i don’t think that i will be reading the rest of it!

15. bakers02

I have only read the first in the Dear Dumb Diary Series. But this excerpt hooked me on and now I’ll start reading them!!
    Thanks for the update, Editor!!