January 7, 2010

Meet Tony Hawk

Posted by at 7:34 am in Celebrities, Games | Permalink

Tonyhawk_130 Imagine playing the Tony Hawk Ride video game with Tony Hawk, the real life pro skateboarder! Well, Scholastic Kid Reporter, Christopher Campbell got to do just that! If it were me, I would have been so nervous, I think I would have tripped over my feet, but Christopher was awesome! In the Kids Press Corps blog, Christopher writes ” . . . when Tony showed me how to play his new game, it was a whole new experience to me. I thought I would mess up and fall, but I even did better than Tony himself!” Read the rest of Christopher’s article to hear all about his experience meeting Tony Hawk.

While he was here, Tony also stopped by the STACKS. What book series does he recommend for you? Captain Underpants! Watch the video to find out why.

image from kids.scholastic.com— Sonja, STACKS Staffer

Skateboarder Tony Hawk taught Kid Reporter Christopher Campbell how to play his new video game, Tony Hawk Ride, and how to use the game’s skateboard “controller.” (Photo: Jennifer Boggs)

1. Cece

omg ummm i might be a girl but im a huge fan. i make my brother buy me tony hawk progect 8 (rated Teen) on his xbox 360 omg i feel great

2. therocket62244

that’s tight. I liked the Percy Jackson Movie. I’ll tell you it made me jump a few times. THE LIGHTNING THEIF ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

3. Vanna

Wow! Tony hawk!!!!!!!!!! My grandpa dad, bro, uncle, and my cousin went to the BOOM-BOOM huck jam! They said that you shook there hands! If you rember clearly my dad was the one with the dreadlocks! So i have to say my dad and uncle, bro loveee skate boarding! And they love and my hole family even grandma loves your new game Tony hawk RIDE! So also maybe as time goes by you think u will make new games? Your Sinncerrally , Vanna

4. princess19990

hi! i just have a question. every time that i try to chat, all i see is pics to choose from along with two sayings like…… hola chica and the second like…… it’s almost 2010! my computer won’t let me scroll down to press send even though i tried so many times it’s just not working out for me. all i want to do is spend some time chillin’ and conversating with my friend!!!!!!! so all i need is for u to help me out and maybe add me to your friends list. maybe we could be like chatting buds or something like that.

5. lilmama27

i think that was pretty nice how he taught the little boy how to play the video game,i bet the little boy was excited to have the real tony hawk playing with him.i myself would be emoitionally excited about being a celeberty.

6. peachtree1

Tony Hauk is a awsome dude!! I am a big fan so is my bro and i am a girl! Last night i watched a new show he guessed stared on I GET THAT ALOT.You played a convenette store employ.You made this dude strecht oit on the floor. Yours truley moe

7. itsybitsycheeky