January 21, 2010

Helping Haiti

Posted by at 9:56 am in News | Permalink

Haiti By now, I’m sure you’ve all heard about the devastating earthquakes in Haiti. After the 7.0 quake last Tuesday, the airwaves have been flooded with scenes of flattened buildings, homeless families, and crying children. But there have also been scenes of hope. And even through numerous aftershocks — including a 6.1 quake yesterday morning — we’ve witnessed seemingly impossible rescues and joyful reunions.

These are the stories that relief workers focus on to keep them going strong, both in Haiti and in the U.S. And theirs are the stories that Scholastic Kid Reporters around the country bring to you this week.

Across the nation, Kid Reporters have been talking with folks doing their part for the relief effort.

For the full articles, information on how you can help, and continuing coverage of the crisis in Haiti, visit the Scholastic Kids Press Corps special report.

— Karen, STACKS Staffer

Photo at top left: Adriana Zehbrauskas/Polaris for Save the Children

1. LaLa

Every book bought could donate like, a fourth of the profit. Then Haiti will get help and THE PEOPLE WILL BE SAVED!!!!!

2. megan

hi i feel so bad for your haiti so for are so we are sending things like food and soap because we feel so bad for haiti so i hope this helps

3. Bn

I feel so very sorry for all of those people that died and got hurt in that disaster!We all hope you all get way better!HOPE YOU GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Wee987

:) Haiti needs our prayers, and people like you. Thanks for doing it. I visited Haiti 3 years ago -far away from Por-Au-Prince- and they were begging for money. my mom payed $9 for a lemonade!

5. treehugger17

The Haiti earthquakes were devastating and really sad, but it’s good to know they’re getting help. That picture of the little boy really gives me some hope for them. He’s so cute! :) I’m praying for everyone in Haiti!
    ~treehugger17

6. aly

I’m glad they’re getting help too.
    our school is having a baked goods and crafts sale next friday. I hope we get a lot of money!!!

7. LilBenn

thats so sad i cant beleive that happened i heard that theyre still finding people buried alive its just so sad its not fair that it happened to a country that was already poor enough

8. alkirah

i wrote letters in school 2 youll if youll get it we did it in art my name is alkirah please look for it{your friend}<,alkirah