January 4, 2010

Attention Baby-sitters Club Fans!

Posted by at 11:36 am in Reads | Permalink

Scholastic has good news for all of you who LOVE the Baby-sitters Club books. Ann M. Martin, the original author of the series, is writing a new Baby-sitters Club book. It is coming out in April 2010 and will be called The Summer Before. It’s a prequel — it takes place before the other books in the series. That’s all I know right now, but as I get more details, I’ll let you know right away.

There are already more than 213 books in the series, so if you want to catch up on the ones you’ve missed, visit the Baby-sitters Club website.

image from kids.scholastic.com— Sonja, STACKS Staffer

1. Katharine

OMG! I have all the books still, I pretend I’m saving them for my daughter but they are such a big part of me I can’t get rid of them…
    Yay, i’ll get the new ones too, even if i’m a little old now :-)

2. Emii

Hey Rebecca,
    I think it’s pretty possible!:)
    I don’t think Ann has a fan email, though, so you’ll have to write to her… hey, I think I might just do that!:)
    Luv,Emii

3. Rebecca

OMG! This is so exciting! We are reading books together online with the tween girl book club there… this would be a great new book to read! Everyone’s already read all of the other ones, and we all agreed that the BSC books are our faves!
    How can we get Ann to join us for a discussion? Think she might?

4. peachtree1

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeee

5. emma

i like kristy cuz she has some personalities like me and i like stacy because she’s from new york state like me.

6. Emii

i just cant believe it. this is the coolest thing ever! actually, i made a petition on the ann m martin message board for her to write another BSC book:)
    WOOHOO I jus cant waitt ,,who cares if im almost 14 :P

7. Emii

OMIGOSH I LOVE THEM, COLLECT THEM AND WOOHOO, I always wanted to know what happened before :D
    Luv,a very excited EMII!!!!

8. rockrpiness123onjauary4,2010at7:30pm

Saw movie on comcast thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bakers02

I really love babysitting and little kids so of course, I love the Baby-Sitters Club series!!
    Thanks so much for updating us on the new book!!

10. emily

I love your books!!!!!Thank you so much for telling me!And by the way,thank you also for the 411 tooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!