December 14, 2009

Missile Mouse Sneak Peek and Writing Prompt

Missile_mouse_130 My friends who are into comics were very excited last year about a graphic novel anthology called Flight Explorer. It is a group of different stories all by different artists. If you read Flight Explorer, then you already know Missile Mouse, who made his graphic novel debut in that book. This new book Missile Mouse: The Star Crusher by Jake Parker coming out in January is entirely devoted to the adventures of Missile Mouse.

Missile Mouse, secret agent for the Galactic Security Agency, is a risk
taker and a rule breaker, which is why he's in hot water at GSA headquarters.
Then RIP, the Rogue Imperium of Planets, kidnaps a scientist who knows about
the Star Crusher, a doomsday machine capable of destroying the entire universe. . . Time to let loose the mouse!

Take a look at this sneak peek from the book, and read on for today's Writing Prompt:

Missile_mouse

Click to view larger

In this panel from the book, Missile Mouse has gotten into a spot of trouble. He's surrounded by those dangerous looking ant creatures but he can't kill them because they're endangered species! How is he going to get out of this situation? Write what you think happens next.

Leave your answers in the Comments.

Sonja, STACKS Staffer

1. Michael Jackson

I read the book and hated it. Litterally! The pictures stank and the words did not feel nice to what they said. I hate Missile Mouse!

2. Rihanna

I have sang a lot of songs in my lifetime but Missile Mouse is the best kids book ever.I love Missile Mouse, LOL! Missle Mouse, I love you!

3. Lady Gaga fan

What’s up, lady gaga fans? I love Missle Mouse and have gotten one for my younger son, Lucas. He is an inphant and I read it to him every night. I kind of like it too. Who cares? I was born this way!

4. mary t

i am half way threw the book and i love it so make more missle mouse book please because i love comic books and you are a great writer!oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

5. rex

it is saopr cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

6. kaylen

Here is some of what will happen to missile mouse.In this story missile mouse gets fused with dark plasma and Hyde goined the bad side and Ulrich got captured by Hyde and got rescued by missile mouse.

7. dolphincheerful11

it was a good book but i don’t think it was enough action for me but for an adveraged person it would have been a awesome book

8. aaron

i felt like i was in a new world. the mouse was so cool looking. im going to buy this book becuse its so cool.

9. Kat

My 3rd grade daughter loves Missle Mouse and has read them all many times. She has actually written the author a letter asking that he make a movie of Missle Mouse. Any chance of that happening? Also, are there any toys out there of Missle Mouse?

10. #1 Missile Mouse Fan

Missile Mouse is(so far)the best comic book I’ve read.Could you please make another Missile Mouse comic.