December 14, 2009

Missile Mouse Sneak Peek and Writing Prompt

Missile_mouse_130 My friends who are into comics were very excited last year about a graphic novel anthology called Flight Explorer. It is a group of different stories all by different artists. If you read Flight Explorer, then you already know Missile Mouse, who made his graphic novel debut in that book. This new book Missile Mouse: The Star Crusher by Jake Parker coming out in January is entirely devoted to the adventures of Missile Mouse.

Missile Mouse, secret agent for the Galactic Security Agency, is a risk
taker and a rule breaker, which is why he's in hot water at GSA headquarters.
Then RIP, the Rogue Imperium of Planets, kidnaps a scientist who knows about
the Star Crusher, a doomsday machine capable of destroying the entire universe. . . Time to let loose the mouse!

Take a look at this sneak peek from the book, and read on for today's Writing Prompt:

Missile_mouse

Click to view larger

In this panel from the book, Missile Mouse has gotten into a spot of trouble. He's surrounded by those dangerous looking ant creatures but he can't kill them because they're endangered species! How is he going to get out of this situation? Write what you think happens next.

Leave your answers in the Comments.

Sonja, STACKS Staffer

1. anonymous

it would be so much easier if you could read an entire book on the website then submit your minutes.

2. Jake

We love Missle Mouse. I’m turning 7 and we read Star Crusher and Tankium3 this summer. The graphics and the story are awesome. Please write more books!

3. drawingcalm5

my mom donated my missle mouse and broke my heart and i wasnt even finshed with it! well then i the kid who got the book sended me a letter with money (WHY DIDNT HE JUST BUY A BOOK WITH THAT MONEY! I COULD OF FINSH MY BOOK AND READ AGAIN AND AGAIN!) so i was gonna buy the book AGAIN but they were all sold out!

4. drawingcalm5

i luv missle mouse it is awsome my mom told me to donate the books i said no way mother! but i thaught about some kids that dont have dis book and might want 2 enjoy the adventures of missle mouse so i donated some

5. Michael Jackson

I read the book and hated it. Litterally! The pictures stank and the words did not feel nice to what they said. I hate Missile Mouse!

6. Rihanna

I have sang a lot of songs in my lifetime but Missile Mouse is the best kids book ever.I love Missile Mouse, LOL! Missle Mouse, I love you!

7. Lady Gaga fan

What’s up, lady gaga fans? I love Missle Mouse and have gotten one for my younger son, Lucas. He is an inphant and I read it to him every night. I kind of like it too. Who cares? I was born this way!

8. mary t

i am half way threw the book and i love it so make more missle mouse book please because i love comic books and you are a great writer!oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

9. rex

it is saopr cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

10. kaylen

Here is some of what will happen to missile mouse.In this story missile mouse gets fused with dark plasma and Hyde goined the bad side and Ulrich got captured by Hyde and got rescued by missile mouse.

11. dolphincheerful11

it was a good book but i don’t think it was enough action for me but for an adveraged person it would have been a awesome book

12. aaron

i felt like i was in a new world. the mouse was so cool looking. im going to buy this book becuse its so cool.

13. Kat

My 3rd grade daughter loves Missle Mouse and has read them all many times. She has actually written the author a letter asking that he make a movie of Missle Mouse. Any chance of that happening? Also, are there any toys out there of Missle Mouse?

14. #1 Missile Mouse Fan

Missile Mouse is(so far)the best comic book I’ve read.Could you please make another Missile Mouse comic.

15. Haitian citizen

Hello,
    It’s time to see, say, hear, understand and change the day…..
    I wanna tell you something important for Haiti going to happen in the nearest future. You all already have known that Outgoing Haitian President René Préval has set the presidential elections for Nov. 28, 2010.
    As i’m concern about my Haiti. After an Heavy natural disaster It’s become back dated. And bearing unmeasurable sufferings. Still now it’s facing crisis from all sides, created from the Earth Quake as well as by nature. But It’s time to change the day, So request all of you to come forward to make tha days ahead distinctly.
    I think at this moment HAITI really needs help to be rebuild.
    Thank you.

16. Jerome

Well you guys are changing the subject,but I think Missile Mouse will dodge them all and then they will crash through the wall and give them a chance to escape.

17. Ethan

I love mice, and Missile Mouse is one of the coolest mice I’ve ever read about.I cannot wait for the next book!!

18. alex

I also think Missile Mouse is a pretty dumb……. I mean seriously, a mouse fighting crime? You couldn’t have come up with something better?

19. Aj

I like this book so much that I want you to come out with a whole series of the book we both know you can do it

20. David

its so cool im going to buy it my friends say that its cool to when my friend christian saw it he was the first one to buy it
    I read the info of the book its awsome
    but it dosent look funny at all

21. Lukas

really coolio series, and guess what! I saw three draft pages of the second book on Jake Parkers Blog/website! You can see some of his other artwork and comics online.

22. Luke

All of a sudden Missile had an idea. Blumb. Blumb. Blumb! An d the bugs went away.What happened? I mite of told them that Suger Is in the west air shaft. Or that I’m allergic to them.

23. jonald

some words of this story i cant bare to accept due to not pleasant to cheldren ofcourse.just like FOOL’im sorry guys…

24. Derrick

Looks good, Mr. Parker.
    Hope the series and Missle Mouse does well.
    I’m a Scholastic author as well.
    My 9 year old son saw the trailer and thinks the series looks cool.
    I support you all the way.
    ddb

25. passer-by

all of them start fighting and shooting wickedly…. after they escape, they continue their journey(P.S.i didn’t read)

26. Lukas

I`ve read the first comic on Flight Explorer vo.1 and in this one part Missle Mouse got stuck in a pretty bad situation and impressivly got out. If he did it one time, he can do it again!

27. Abby

I bet they have some sort of weakness, like they’re attracted to fire or something, and so Missile Mouse lights something on fire and runs away while the bugs are distracted.