December 11, 2009

Ryan Newman from Zeke and Luther

Posted by at 8:48 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Ryan_newman_130 If you watch Zeke and Luther, then you already know 11-year-old Ryan Newman. Ryan plays Ginger, the obnoxious sister on the show. But in real life, she is really sweet and even does work for charity! We caught her on video at a charity event for Camp Ronald McDonald.

Read on to find out more about Ryan and what her life is like both on and off the set of Zeke and Luther. . .

Ryan_newman_as_ginger Q: Describe Ginger on Zeke & Luther.
Ryan:
Ginger is incredibly giddy and self-sufficient, and very very clever. And she loves pulling pranks on her brother.

Q: Do you think Ginger would be a friend of yours in real-life?

Ryan: Probably not. She’s a little too outspoken for me probably, a little too conniving.

Q: Describe Hutch and Adam. What are they like to work with?

Ryan: Oh, they are so great to work with. I feel like I have two older brothers. They’re so great even though there’s such a big age difference.

Q: What three words would you choose to describe Hutch, Adam, and Daniel?

Ryan: Talented, sweet, and lovable.

Q: Do you skateboard?

Ryan: Well, yes! Actually I just started skateboarding. Hopefully there’ll be an episode where I get to skateboard.

Ryan newman Q: What’s the funniest thing that’s happened on the set?

Ryan: Well, I didn’t have a part of this prank but I got a good laugh at it. So, there’s an actor Nate Hartley, who plays Ozzie on the show, and he was on set one day and he brought his camera. So, him and Adam Hicks played a prank. Adam was pretending that his arm was hurting and we have this huge ice box in the craft room. So, he was pretending he needed some ice. He took like a ton of people and he would ask them to open the door and get some ice. And then Nate Hartley, he was in the ice box with the video camera…so they got it all on tape of how surprised they were. Because he surprised them. He scared them so bad, and it was absolutely hilarious!

Q: What do you like to do for fun?

Ryan: Besides singing, dancing and piano, I live on a cul de sac and my best friend lives one door away, so I’ll just go knock on her door. We’ll ride bikes outside, or jump on a trampoline, or play baseball in the streets.

Q: How would you describe your fashion style?

Ryan: Probably kind of eclectic. I like to mix everything. It’s not just one certain thing.

Q: What three books would you recommend to a friend?

Ryan:The Outsiders, Walk Two Moons, and the Twilight series (for ages 12 and up).

Theoutsiders   Walktwomoons   Twilight series_10975215

Q: If you could sing with any artist, who would it be?

Ryan: Taylor Swift. I love her and I love her songs.

Q: What was the most embarrassing thing you did in front of your friends?

Ryan: I don’t really get embarrassed. Especially in front of my friends because I know that they’re my real friends and they don’t really care.

See, she’s nothing like like Ginger! I guess that’s the sign of a good actress. Well, she has been acting since she was 3 years old! I can’t wait to see what other movies and TV shows she does as she gets older.

Sonja, STACKS Staffer

Interview by Marie Morreale
Ryan Newman on cell phone Photo Copyright © 2009 Disney XD/Ron Tom
Ryan Newman with donut Photo Copyright © 2009 Disney XD/Jaimie Trueblood
Ryan Newman at Virtual Tween Fashion Show Photo Copyright © 2009 Disney Channel/Randy Holmes

1. aneza

Hey I’m from africa•south africa•i watch zeke and luther all the time•my favourite eposides is season three eposide sixty and season three eposide seventy•ur so cooooooool •beautiful• And talented•ur fashion skills r swEeEeEeEeEt•
    •it would be a dream come true to meet u•and I would really luv to follow in ur footsteps•

2. harry c

i love you and how do i meet you do i need tickits i love you and when someone says any thing about love you come to my mind

3. cassidy

u sound so nice! and i love the twilight books i have seen 3 of the movies so far but next i am going 2 c breaking dawn! oh but i am a little bit older then u but yeah u are pretty luckie 2 b famous i wish i had a life like that well have a good life! peace out!<3
    Ca$$idy

4. Sugarpupy

ALL MY LIFE I LOVED TAYLOR SWIFT (even cuz I’m 12) AND NOW THAT I HEARD OF RYAN I’M HER BIGGEST FAN!!!AND SHE LOVES TAYLOR SWIFT TOO

5. ninjs monkey 1000

yea ikr ryan is way to young to read those books lol im 13 and in 7th grd too!! =D im straight b’s though lol Th outsiders is a rally good book but should she read that 1 either? it has some naughty thins too… lol 2 young!!!!!! kk people bye bye

6. twilights#1fan

yea i agree with sammy (sry if that really isnt ur name) cause i think they should b able 2 talk about wutever i mean its not like they r saying mean or bad stuff

7. sammyroxursox

i dont really care if they talk about who is in there language arts class cause they cant call eachother in skool so wut better way 2 talk then on here when ur teacher is forcing u 2 go on here during class?? i dont agree with agnes and i dont c the point of this cause the girls already said they werent going 2 stop even if u said 2!!

8. CARRIE :)

Yes, I think that you girls should call eachother up and talk to eachother don’t have personal conversations on here even if they aren’t so personal. We come on here to talk about books or whatever the catagory is. In conclusion, “I agree with Agnes!”

9. Agnes Is Amazing

Does anybody else think that thins is’t a place for people to talk to eachother about things that they did together? I know I do and if you agree please post a comment saying: “I agree with Agnes” Thank You!

10. lilibfflsyea

yea some1 seems a lil modest!! btw heyy guys i wish i was in ur class right now!! im with lexi n she says hiii

11. aidencagebffls

yea i totally agree im 12 but i started reading the books when i was 11!!! i noo!!! n alicia is 10 n she read all the books 2!! BTW IM IN 6TH GRADE ALL B+ YEA!!

12. eminem

ryan u r NOT old enough to read the Twilight they have a rating 4 a reson kids underage should not do stuff that they r not old enough in the last twilight book Breaking Dawn Edward and Bella do some innapropreate things i know i read ALL of them a LITTLE 11 year old girl should not read those things
    BTW i am 13 in the 7th grade all A’s =D

13. Pella

Ryan,
    You are so awesome. You are so pretty. I can know what it is like to have a older brother ( AHHHHHHH ). How old are you Ryan ??
    You Fan,
    Pella

14. Chrisya

WOW! I think that Ryan is so cute^^. She also looked like an American girl. Go RYAN! 3 CHEERS 4 U! By the way…, can u give me some TIPS about fashion(for face). >.< . Thz…