December 23, 2009

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

Posted by at 7:29 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Chipmunks_130 The world’s first Squeakquel is coming to theaters on December 23! I know I’m an adult and I’m not supposed to think that singing chipmunks are funny, but I just watched the trailer to the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie (rated PG), like, 5 times in a row and I laughed every time. Call me immature, but they are just so cute!

In this movie, Alvin and the boys share the spotlight with their female counterparts, the Chipettes. In this video interview with Amy Poehler and Christina Applegate, 2 of the Chipette voices, the girls reveal the secret of how they make their voices sound just like Beyonce only squeakier.

Continue reading this exclusive STACKS interview to find out more about the Chipmunks: what presents they are hoping to get, their most embarrassing moments, and how super-stardom has changed them.

What holiday present have you been dropping hints for?
Alvin: Whose hinting? I’ve left neon notes for Dave with my entire list but he says I have to get the list down to my favorite one or two. Talk about Mission Impossible!
Simon: An e-book reader; Dave’s shelf space can’t keep up with all the books I want to read!
Theodore: A Sweet Of The Month card.

Favorite holiday memory?
AlvinSimonTheodore
Alvin/Simon/Theodore:
Our first holiday with Dave, of course. It was the perfect family time. It never hurts to have a hit song about the holidays, either!

Favorite holiday movie and/or song?
Alvin:
Favorite holiday movie or song? — is that a trick question?
Simon: I prefer the art films and documentaries that come out during the holidays.
Theodore: As long as there’s popcorn, every movie is good for me!

Have you changed since you became big movie stars?
Alvin:
Not really. I always felt like a big star even when I wasn’t.
Simon: No, Alvin still hogs the spotlight.
Theodore: I always liked entertaining people; now we get to do it in front of LOTS of people!

Most embarrassing moment in front of friends?
Alvin:
During a huge concert in Paris, I caused a. . . minor. . . accident that tripped up Dave. Ok, not exactly minor. . .
Simon: Anything involving Alvin.
Theodore: An entire box of candy got stuck in my cheeks.

Tell a secret no one knows about you.
Alvin:
I’m really very humble — in the coolest possible way, of course.
Simon: I once got an “A-” in advanced calculus; I still have nightmares about that.
Theodore: I think Eleanor is really, really cute. Maybe that isn’t such a secret anymore.

If you could create a new ice cream flavor, what would you call it?
Alvin:
Alviiiiiin!-illa
Simon: I’m currently working on a complex all natural formula that could very well result in the supreme ice cream treat of the known universe. I call it the “Specs Spectacular.”
Theodore: I love combining every flavor I can find — which I call the ‘T-Munk Chunk.’

How do the Chipettes feel about being in the movie with Alvin and the boys? We asked them: Simon, Alvin, Theodore — who is the heartthrob?
Britanny:
I like Alpha males — so I gotta go with Alvin.
Eleanor: Theodore’s so cute — and there’s lots to love!
Jeanette: Simon’s got specs appeal, so he’s my guy.

image from kids.scholastic.com

— Sonja, STACKS Staffer

Images courtesy of Twentieth Century FOX

1. DanceRox!!

i seen the movie it was sooooo cute!!!!!!!
    i HEART Theador !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MATT

WHAT IS THE MOVIE ABOUT?
    IS IT BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE?
    WAS IT THE SAME DIRECTOR AS THE FIRST MOVIE?
    IS THE MOVIE SIMILAR THAN THE FIRST ONE?
    WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER?
    MINE IS ALVIN!!
    THANX A LOT,
    ~MATT

3. Molly

i really don’t like alvin and the chipmunks 2 ( the squeakquel) sorry… :( it’s just i don’t think it’s as good as the frist one ! sorry ! :(

4. edler

This is really a well laid out website. I like how you have presented the information in full detail. Keep up the great work.

5. Ilovethesqueakquel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the squeakquel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the movie is the best movie
    ever!I love the chipmunks and the chippetes so much I
    can scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will now scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. itsybitsycheeky

Alvin and the chipmunks the squeakquel is the best show I have ever seen and I just can’t get their songs out of my head. I know that there is Brittany, Jeanette, Eleanor , Alvin, Simon, and Theadore! My favorite part is the one when Alvin has the motorcycle to save the Chipettes and then gets the helicopter and the remote from whats his name!

7. Kayla

ANNOYING
    Don’t see the movie I saw it and it was really short, not as good as the first one, and a TOTAL waste of money.

8. RICAN1

THEY ARE SO CUTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT FOR THE MOIVE TO COME OUT THEY ARE THE NUMBER ONE

9. ChocolateKatie

I went and saw this movie! T-H-E BEST MOVIE EVER!
    I love seeing there little faces when they see the girls! SO ADORABLE!!!

10. jacob

Alvin and the chipmunks are ggggrrrreeeeaaaaatttttt singers!p.s. so are the chipettes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

11. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I STill haven’T SEEN THE SQUEAKQUEL BUT I KNOW IT IS GOING TO AN EXTREAMLY GOOD MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. jtcurl

love the music!!! got to see it, its hilarious. i got the music for it my favroite is “you spin me right round (like a record player)

13. jumpstar3

i saw the movie abd it was good. i hope ther is another one come out becuz i can’t wait. If there is a next on i wonder if dave might find a girlfirend and the all of the chipmunks will try to get them together! but if there isn’t then maybe we could write to the editor and ask him/she if there is going to be another movie. so we will just have to wait!

14. Emmy

I saw the movie and it is amazing!!! I own the first one and can’t wait till the Squeakquel goes on dvd!!! Theodore is still my total favorite!!!! :) ;)

15. grkgrl246

i so want 2 c alvin and the chimpmunks the squeakul so i’m going 2day they are so cute! i can’t wait 2 go to the movies (squeak) i love the commerical when the girl chimpmunks start singing single ladies by beyonce

16. maddie123

Theadore is so cute!!!!!!
    I cant wait to see the moivie Squeakul!!!!!!!!
    I bet its the best moivie in america!!!!!!!!!!!/ world!!!!!!!!!!

17. blackhead

Those chipmunks are just so cute! I laughed my head off watching those Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squakquel commericals. :D

18. southernbells45

i didnt used to like alvin and the chimpmunks until i saw this movie :) cool,cool yup they are adorable. i love alvin and the chimpmunks…. now.

19. kemonee

Wow u must be really cool. I love…….. the chipmunks.One day i just might get to go see it.Chat wid me and we can talk about it even more

20. cfh121

Is it to late to see the first movie?If you are reading this give me a shout out or become my friend!
    (p.s.I am stressed!)

21. cfh121

Is it to late to watch the first movie?If you are reading this give me a shout out or become my friend just help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (hyperventalateing)

22. Kevin wifey

I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There just so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can’t wait to see the squeakquel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(scream)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. loveing123

I think this so what you call “GOOD moive” for the first one,i think the 1st one was a little bad.I think the 2nd one would be fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. lexiewhatgirl

i LOVE the movie it so funny i LOVE the CHIPPETES SINGING SINGLE LADIES\PUT A RING ON IT/ THEY ARE SO CUTE JUST LIKE ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS

25. allie finkle girl 20

the chipmunks rock
    i really want to see them in the movie
    i even might go today