It was a great day at the Scholastic headquarters on Monday because five of The 39 Clues authors joined together for the Advanced Agent Training Webcast. (If you missed it, it's not too late. You can watch the video here.)
First, each author described some true facts discovered while researching the books. For example:
- The Catacombs are a real place in Paris and were really used to store the bones of dead bodies when the graveyards got too full. EWW!
- Gordon Korman wanted a car chase in One False Note, but there are no cars in Venice so he detailed it a boat chase instead!
- Australia contains more things that can kill you than anywhere else in the world. (I bet that's going to make Book 6 really exciting!)
Then the Advanced Agent Training began. The authors asked questions to Clue-hunters across the country who had 2 1/2 minutes to come up with the answers. You can still download the questions if you want play along at home. Some of the questions were hard!
Finally, each author gave away a little piece of top secret info. To find out what, you'll have to watch the video. Oh, okay, here are some hints . . .
- Have you noticed that some pages in the books have little symbols instead of page numbers? Rick Riordan explained what they mean.
- Peter Lerangis, the author of Book 7 revealed the title and cover. That got the studio audience ooh-ing and aah-ing!
- Book 6 author, Jude Watson, announced that a major character dies in In Too Deep. She doesn't say who, but you can find out by reading the book. It's available now!