November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Writing Prompt: I’m Thankful For . . .

Posted by at 9:16 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_thanksgiving Thanksgiving time! A time for friends, friends, football (Go Vikings!), and tons and tons of food. However, in addition to getting together with all of your family and the oh-so-painful food coma you endure after the meal, it’s also a time to reflect on what you’re most thankful for.

Here’s my list of what I’m thankful for:

1. Awesome parents who care for me and whom I can talk to when ever I need to.
  2. A fun-loving brother and his wonderful wife who has turned out to be the best sister-in-law a girl could have.
  3. Great friends whom I wish I could see more.
  4. The public library. Without it, I wouldn’t have read most of the terrific books that I have read.

And the list could go on and on. (For more, you can see the STACKS Thanksgiving word cloud here.) Now I want to know what you’re most thankful for.

— Carly M., STACKS Staffer

1. Lexie

Hi my name is Lexie S. I am in 4th grade and I haveto dogs. They are both very cute and good. They lisen to whatever you tell them to do. I love my dogs.

2. Crystal

I’m thankful for everything right now; family, house, food, friends, books, libraries, writing clubs… the list could go on forever.
    Thanksgiving isn’t just the one day to be thankful. Be thankful everyday!

3. Hannah

Hi , Carly. You write this, and you mean well, but I don’t know… It kinda seems like this is a paper for school to me. I can’t really post this comment unless I know, do you REALLY LOVE the library?? And you seemed to be apologizing when it was the friend part! I don’t know Carly, I just don’t know.

4. bree2266

I’m thankful for alot of things too. And the picture of the turkey looks so good. And I can’t forget to say…..HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!

5. bibliomania123

1 a house 2 live in (we are in the prosses of moving)
    2 all my family in one place
    3 the library near me it is awsome!!!!!!
    4 FOOD!!!!!

6. goldengirl1

Wow!That’s cool!I am doing something like that in school,except we write something like this:”I am thankful for my family.I am thankful for my family because they encourage my writing and love me no matter what.”It’s really fun and SO cool!
    goldengirl1

7. elephantpoodle

I am VERY thankful for books!No one would get anywhere in life with out books.My favorite books are ones that take you into a brand-new world like Narnia, Harry Potter,Twilight,and Cirque Du Freak!