November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Writing Prompt: I’m Thankful For . . .

Posted by at 9:16 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_thanksgiving Thanksgiving time! A time for friends, friends, football (Go Vikings!), and tons and tons of food. However, in addition to getting together with all of your family and the oh-so-painful food coma you endure after the meal, it’s also a time to reflect on what you’re most thankful for.

Here’s my list of what I’m thankful for:

1. Awesome parents who care for me and whom I can talk to when ever I need to.
  2. A fun-loving brother and his wonderful wife who has turned out to be the best sister-in-law a girl could have.
  3. Great friends whom I wish I could see more.
  4. The public library. Without it, I wouldn’t have read most of the terrific books that I have read.

And the list could go on and on. (For more, you can see the STACKS Thanksgiving word cloud here.) Now I want to know what you’re most thankful for.

— Carly M., STACKS Staffer

1. TwilightFan424

1. Family
    2. Food (including water)
    3. All of my friends
    4. Books (i love to read)
    5. Computer & laptop (can’t survive without it)
    6. Music (love it!)
    7. My Pets
    8. My 2 Houses
    9. Clothes &pajamas & shoes
    10. every single thing in my life that I have, own, or share.

2. awesomecheerleading

Im thankful god to wake me everyday.Im also thankful that i have alife shared with family and friends that love me dearly

3. cakefrosting76

1. I am thankful for my affectionate caring family
    2. My pets-especially my dear dog who we rescued last Christmas
    3. My best friends. I couldn’t survive school without them
    4. My books. Especially HOW I SURVIVED MIDDLE SCHOOL series!!
    5. my computer!!
    6. Church.

4. Isabella15

I’m thankful for:
    1. My family
    2. My friends at my new school
    3. The Public Library (I love reading!)
    4. My school and
    5. My friends at my old school (I miss you ALL)

5. Ayonna

I am thankful for having friends that care for me they stick by my side. im thankful for having a family that loves me and cares for me so much. im thankful for having a home and having some were to sleep at night. im thankful that allah lets me live on this earth every single and forgives for all my sends . im trying keep grades up. im thankful for teachers that teach me. thank u :)

6. Lexie

Hi my name is Lexie S. I am in 4th grade and I haveto dogs. They are both very cute and good. They lisen to whatever you tell them to do. I love my dogs.

7. Crystal

I’m thankful for everything right now; family, house, food, friends, books, libraries, writing clubs… the list could go on forever.
    Thanksgiving isn’t just the one day to be thankful. Be thankful everyday!

8. Hannah

Hi , Carly. You write this, and you mean well, but I don’t know… It kinda seems like this is a paper for school to me. I can’t really post this comment unless I know, do you REALLY LOVE the library?? And you seemed to be apologizing when it was the friend part! I don’t know Carly, I just don’t know.

9. bree2266

I’m thankful for alot of things too. And the picture of the turkey looks so good. And I can’t forget to say…..HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!

10. bibliomania123

1 a house 2 live in (we are in the prosses of moving)
    2 all my family in one place
    3 the library near me it is awsome!!!!!!
    4 FOOD!!!!!

11. goldengirl1

Wow!That’s cool!I am doing something like that in school,except we write something like this:”I am thankful for my family.I am thankful for my family because they encourage my writing and love me no matter what.”It’s really fun and SO cool!
    goldengirl1

12. elephantpoodle

I am VERY thankful for books!No one would get anywhere in life with out books.My favorite books are ones that take you into a brand-new world like Narnia, Harry Potter,Twilight,and Cirque Du Freak!